Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back Pain - why now? Suggestions?

Prior to LB surgery, my highest weight was 340. I am now about 219 and I exercise A LOT Prior to surgery, I had some bilateral knee pain but that's about it (I'm hitting 50 this year). The last couple of months I have been experiencing some back pain. I don't know if its because I'm carrying a lot of extra weight up front (boobs and belly skin) or if I'm over doing the exercise.

Has anyone else experienced this? I thought losing weight would help any pains you were having? Any suggestions?>

Back pain can happen to anyone at any weight at any time. Could just be a coincidence it's happening now. You are hitting 50 ya know :( My occasional back pains came along around the same time. They come and go.

Your body is adjusting to your weight loss. It is normal to have increased pain until you are at a stable weight. Especially for women who carry most of their weight in the breast and belly. The belly is usually the last to go so hang in there. Try some massages or use a heating pad. It just has to work its self out.

I know I've been having some upper back pain lately. I think it's just because it's been a good 10 years or more that I could stand up as straight as I can now. My muscles get tired by the end of the day and I have to keep myself from slouching now that I don't have a big belly to lean on, like when I'm on the couch watching tv. I have to keep reminding myself to lean back, not forward. I've been going to the chiropractor a lot and it's been helping but, every now and then I'll stand up straight and pinch something. I'm hoping it will get used to not being hunched over all the time anymore.

my apron pulls down and yes, it is uncomfy

if really hurting or concerned def call and ask your PCD

(i know the more i lose, the less it hurts)

I get terrible upper back pain when I eat too much...could this be it?