Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

I am nervous as a cat about having my band out and sleeve done on March 27. I have started phase one of the pre-op diet. I hope the sleeve is not a mistake. I am down from an all time high of 305 to 245. I have been as low as 209. My band has been giving me trouble for 2 years. I will be glad to have the pain gone and I hope to continue my journey to accomplish my goal of 140. Good luck to the March Sleevers!

:) Hi everyone,

I have received my surgery date, all approved for one procedure! Converting from band to sleeve on March 18! I am very excited and NERVOUS! Any others in the same boat? I am nervous about drains, heparin shots etc. I didnt have any of that with the band.

Looking for some advice and insight! If you've been coverted already, please let me know your success, problems, fears!

Thanks

Jen

I'm also scheduled for march 17 2014. I so excited an also scared that I may have to much scar tissue an doctor might not get to do sleeve all the same time. My doctor office still haven't told me anything .I had to find out through my UHC insurance that I was approved. I don't know if I suppose to be going on my pre opt this week or next. "So confused what to do"

Hi Everyone, I am nervous as a cat about having my band out and sleeve done on March 27. I have started phase one of the pre-op diet. I hope the sleeve is not a mistake. I am down from an all time high of 305 to 245. I have been as low as 209. My band has been giving me trouble for 2 years. I will be glad to have the pain gone and I hope to continue my journey to accomplish my goal of 140. Good luck to the March Sleevers!

I'm having my conversion on the 11th. I'm definitely starting to get nervous.

Well they changed my date again. Revision is March 24/2014.@5:30 am. Not to happy about having it early in the morning , can't sleep in . anyway I'm blessed that it going to happen. I start my per op diet on the 10th. I don't know what I suppose to eat nor know what some good supplements. Can someone give me so ideals??

I am having my surgery the 18th and today is the first day of my pre op diet. My diet consists of 3 Protein shakes a day, two Snacks (such as sugar free Jello or sugar free popsicles) and a meal of 3 oz of grilled chicken or turkey with 2 cups of veggies (non starches) Its not so bad so far. TONS of Water, with Crystal Lite--helps too! When I had my band I was on liquid only, so Protein Shakes and broth for two weeks, this is a bit better. Although I cant exceed 900 calories, so I will have to knock off a Protein shake if I decide on a dinner with chicken.

Well they changed my date again. Revision is March 24/2014.@5:30 am. Not to happy about having it early in the morning , can't sleep in . anyway I'm blessed that it going to happen. I start my per op diet on the 10th. I don't know what I suppose to eat nor know what some good supplements. Can someone give me so ideals??

Kay9400 I too am going from band to sleeve mine is on April 1. I have been using Isopure Protein Powder they have a great taste all flavors. I use Bariatric Advantage chewable vitamins. They also have calcium chews. I ordered them through Amazon

March 26th also a revision lapband to sleeve, 2 week pre op liquid diet starts the 12th but I already started doing no sweets and no carbs after 1pm, its so hard, I keep having a headache every day. oh boy, I hope it passes,

Thanks for all the input about the pre op diet. Really can't wait to get this over. Now I have a sinus head cold an congestion that I'm trying my best to get rid of." Ughhhhh" don't want it to turn to flu before my surgery. It seem like i can't win for losing!

Just got my date for revision, March 27th. My biggest fear is failing again. I'm not telling my family until after the surgery, the one person I told I was considering revision said,"oh, the other worked so well". Which blew all my confidence, so to keep positive, only people that are positive know before surgery. My doctor doesn't have me on Pre-op diet?

I don't have a preop diet either. In some ways I wish I did because I'm pms-ing and stressed about surgery this Thursday. I'm eating stuff I shouldn't. And beyond that, caffeine withdrawal is kicking my Arse! Let's just get this done. The wait is driving me bonkers. The self doubt talk is rearing it's ugly head too. Hadn't been there before til I got my date. I HEAR YA!

Just wanted to touch base with everyone. I had my revision on the 11th and the first couple of days were ROUGH. I stayed an extra day in the hospital due to nausea. I figured out I was nauseous due to pain meds, so I'm just taking Tylenol and doing fine. Once my drain was removed most of the pain/discomfort was gone.

I know everyone says that each day gets a little better and it's actually true. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Just wanted to touch base with everyone. I had my revision on the 11th and the first couple of days were ROUGH. I stayed an extra day in the hospital due to nausea. I figured out I was nauseous due to pain meds, so I'm just taking Tylenol and doing fine. Once my drain was removed most of the pain/discomfort was gone. I know everyone says that each day gets a little better and it's actually true. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Please God! I hope that's true for me too. Can't wait to get farther out. Still rough at 2 days out. Getting fluids is hardest!

Had surgery march 5 th. Stayed 4 days inIhospital because of swelling in stomach during the swallow test. The heparin/lovanox inj aren't bad. I did have a drain-- no problems but did hurt a tad coming out. Came home Sunday, went to get teeth cleaned Tuesday, had follow up appointment Thursday , another appointment fri. hair cut on Monday. Feeling good enough to run everyday. I was nervous too but for no good reason! Relax and enjoy the new u,,,,,,,

Barbie,

Tuesday is my day. I'm nervous. I'm trying not to think about it. I just want to be several weeks post op, and have this all be a distant memory. Oh, and be losin!

I had my surgery Tuesday, March 11th. Really feeling good today! I made the right decision. I hope everyone is feeling good!