Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2014 Chicago Sleevers

So are there 2 meetups?

Just one for now. Lol I know Rebellious Butterfly wanted to plan one as well but I haven't received any info from her yet.

So are there 2 meetups?

I will be planning a meet up at this month some time I don't have the date yet because I want to be mindful of those who will be recovering from surgery, I will not be able to make it to the meet up on the 5 th, but can't wait to meet and chat will all who can attend my meet up.....will keep u posted

Hi! I am in the process, I've been cleared by my dietician, have the psyc eval on 3/11 and hopefully my last meeting with NUT and another meeting with my surgeon on 3/19 to clarify that I want the sleeve and not bypass. Because I was a smoker my surgeon required I be nicotine free for 3mo. before the surgery. I waiting told that because I have BCBS IL that insurance wouldn't be a major issue and would be approved quickly. I am praying for a May surgery date.

Oh I am having it done @ UIC by Dr. Elli

Dr Elli performed my sleeve on March 13. Very pleased with everything so far. Saw him today to remove staples. He said everything looks good and I don't see him again until 1 month. Hang in there and be encouraged! It's worth it all in the end

Hi Everyone. We are planning a meet up April 5th in Lansing,IL. I'm sending an invitation out to anyone that is interested in joining us. We will have sleevers preparing for surgery as well as individual that have been sleeved and would like to share their journey.

Please send me a message if you are interested. I will send you the details.

Lawrencecd- can I ask why you had staples?

My surgery date is April 8th and I am doing my pre op diet right now. My surgeon is Dr. Johnathan Wallace from the Kane Bariatric center. He tells me I will be in the hospital for a couple of nights. Am having the sleeve done at Alexian Brothers Medical Center in Elk Grove Village. BCBS has been good for me too. Approved in about a week. I really appreciate the whole Kane Center. They have taught me that the sleeve is a tool to help me loose weight and the nutritionist is wonderful. I AM going to lose this weight to get healthy so I can play with my grandkids.

Hi! I am in the process, I've been cleared by my dietician, have the psyc eval on 3/11 and hopefully my last meeting with NUT and another meeting with my surgeon on 3/19 to clarify that I want the sleeve and not bypass. Because I was a smoker my surgeon required I be nicotine free for 3mo. before the surgery. I waiting told that because I have BCBS IL that insurance wouldn't be a major issue and would be approved quickly. I am praying for a May surgery date.

Oh I am having it done @ UIC by Dr. Elli

hi I am having my surgery with Dr. Elli too hopefully in May

Hey Chicago Sleevers!

How are things going for you all?

I'm getting ready to start my pre op diet for surgery on April 21st. It's getting close and the nervousness and excitement is rising!

I'm trying to adjust to my new CPAP. I was sent for a sleep study and that was the outcome. Once I get clearance they will let me schedule my surgery date. Impatiently waiting.

Badabing what does the CPAP machine actually do? I know people that had them but never knew how they worked.

It maintains continuous air flow to help keep the airway open while you're sleeping. You pretty much wear a mask that is connected to the machine by a hose. It takes some adjusting but everyone I know says they sleep much better.

I miss you all. I'm on the rny side but wanted to pop in and say hi :)

Edited by cutiepieinchi

Hey cutiepieinchi how are you? Do you have a surgery date yet?