Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2014 Chicago Sleevers

I'm so excited! I just got my date! I will be sleeved on April 14th at Little Company of Mary! I can't wait to meet my April Sleever buddies!

Hi All…Northwest Burbs here. I don't have a date yet but I am hoping for late April or early May. The only thing I need is authorization from the pulmonologist. She is sending me for a sleep study so I have to wait for results before I can get scheduled. I decided to have mine at Alexian Brothers in Elk Grove.

I'm so excited! I just got my date! I will be sleeved on April 14th at Little Company of Mary! I can't wait to meet my April Sleever buddies!

Yay! I will be meeting Dr.Cahill on Thursday :)

I was planning to use Dr. Elli as my surgeon and received insurance approval today. When I called about scheduling, though, they said he doesn't have dates available until June, so I might be switching over to Dr. Rantis through the Kane Center (can get me in a month from now). Feel bad about it but am confident they are both quality providers.

I'm having my surgery done with Dr. Rantis. I don't have a date yet but it's nice to know he has availability a month out. I'm hoping to get scheduled for end of April beginning of May at the latest.

Same here; hoping for the week of April 28th. :)

I was planning to use Dr. Elli as my surgeon and received insurance approval today. When I called about scheduling, though, they said he doesn't have dates available until June, so I might be switching over to Dr. Rantis through the Kane Center (can get me in a month from now). Feel bad about it but am confident they are both quality providers.

That's odd because when I asked Melissa about a May appt she said it would be possible because they were still scheduling for April. I'm sad to learn this because I wanted it done in May. Who is Rantis? Where is the Kane Center ?

I was told the problem is Dr. Elli will be away for two weeks in May and unable to have pre-surgical appointments at the required time. When I spoke to Janneth she made it sound like the wait time is different for various procedures, so maybe Melissa was aware of earlier scheduling for different surgeries? Maybe once the office finds out I'm having my records sent elsewhere they will magically fit me in a month from now (has happened to other posters on this board!).

The Kane Center is the Alexian Brothers Health System bariatric program with offices in Hoffman Estates, Arlington Heights, and Elk Grove Village. My surgery would take place at St. Alexius Medical Center. Kane has four highly experienced surgeons, and Dr. Rantis just happens to be the one with the most immediate info session (this Saturday). He has a profile on this site and positive bariatric reviews elsewhere, too, from what I have been able to find so far.

Pulmonogist and cardiologist appts went well! The cardiologist said Dr.Cahill is one of the best bariatric surgeons I'm the Midwest. His mom has gastric bypass with Dr.Cahill. I meet Dr.Cahill on Thursday afternoon :)

Yes Dr Cahill has all kinds of awards and magazine covers in his office. He is good at what he does!

So is the meetup still having next Saturday?

Yes still next Sat. I will send an invite out today. Trying to get an accessible location for everyone

Yes still next Sat. I will send an invite out today. Trying to get an accessible location for everyone

Someone offered their salon. For the life of me I can't remember who :)

I Hun I think so, I'm not sure wht time it's suppose to be...I'm also planning one at my salon so if you can please msg me your email

Ill message you now :)