Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Ate 2400 Calories

I have been struggling with grazing for the last two weeks. But today I started eating trail mix and managed to eat about 6 ozs of it through the afternoon. My surgery was Dec. 17th and I'm eating regular food. But if my fitness pal is right I'm averaging 900 - 1100 calories a day. I know I need to pick leaner Protein and avoid cheese and not eat fried foods BUT IF I COULD DO THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE NEEDED THE SURGERY!! I am trying to not panic or get depressed because that means I will really start eating. If I eat slowly pretty much anything I want to eat I can. I had to test it. I WANTED to get sick but I've never had dumping, or any other adverse affects from rich or fatty foods. I lost 40 lbs but now i haven't lost any weight for almost three weeks. I'm working out more this week, and hoping I counter the high calories but now I have to find the willpower from somewhere to eat right.

So please friend me on my fitness pal, and please check my diary and help me if you can. I can't fail this time. I won't fail.

Shanique73

I sent a friend request

cheese and fried things are so hard to say no to! I struggle with these, too. But we have to put them away and save for a once in a while food. I know cheese and starches will make me stall.

Hi Curvy! I'm in the same boat...I can eat any amount of anything, and probably ate about 2400 calories this past sunday. No restriction, no dumping, feels like I never had surgery. I haven't lost anything in about a month, either. You're right, you won't fail this time, you got this! We just have to get back on the wagon and work this tool! I sent you a friend request on mfp. Please keep me posted and let me know how you are doing!

Hi. I checked out your food diary. I'm going to be very honest with you. You are eating almost all fast and processed foods that are laden with salt and carbs. Perhaps you can find a way to replace These largely empty foods for ones more on post op plan. Dump the biscuit, pizza, fried food, and candy bar. These just aren't good choices.

Hugs to you. I know it's hard! But you are worth it.

Are you getting all your Water in? Often times I feel hungry when really I am thirsty. Take one day and really plan what you will eat and how much you will drink. Tell yourself you are just going to do your best to get through ONE day. It takes planning. Often times when we don't plan is when we really have a bad day. You are on MFP and that is a fantastic tool. Keep using that. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

You have to just wake up one morning and say.

" I don't want to go back to what I was and I need to stop this now"

That was me yesterday. I used to love my carbs. cant eat them now. I get sick for hours on one

bite of bread. BUT I found that while I am at work, I graze ALL day. nuts candy bars Protein bars

and crunchy things to just eat. I'm not even hungry. Just always putting something in my mouth to keep my hands occupied while reading or listening to my customers. I have lost 92 lbs since Oct and I don't want to go back. I feel so good about myself now and I still have about 40lbs to lose.

Today, I am starting over. I didn't bring anything with me to graze on. I have my chili for lunch my Protein shake and my oatmeal after I finish my broth here.

I don't want to go back to the unhappy, unhealthy me. Keep telling yourself that.. you can do it!

Oh, and instead of cracker I do eat ALOT of cucumbers. Seedless.. less gassy feelings that way,.

Surgery is just a tool to help you lose weight, YOU need to make the right food choices, exercise, follow your surgeon's food plan and drink plenty of Water. Surgery alone will not work which its seems like that is what you are thinking. Please go back and see your nutritionist they can put you back on the right track. I can tell you the #1 thing to stay away from is fast food and processed food. If you ate the proper Protein, veggies, etc. you would feel full until your next meal. I'm not saying that we all don't cheat or have a treat every once in a while because we do. When I have something a bit fattening or sweet I workout a 1/2 hour longer and burn off those extra calories. Please go see your nutritionist...they will put you back on track - Good luck !

As others have said, surgery is just one tool that helps us lose. Others are education, good nutritional choices, exercise, support groups, and our weight loss team (surgeon, PA, nurses, nutritionist, psychologist or psychiatrist, and PCP). We have the tools but the real WORK is up to us. You're using a log so you should be able to see where you're going wrong. Just because you CAN eat something it doesn't mean you SHOULD. You need to commit to making better food choices - lean Protein, vegetables, whole grains, low fat and low sugar foods. Fast food, processed foods, fried foods, should be avoided - none of them are good options. Did your doctor give you lists of what to eat and what to avoid? If so, follow it as closely as possible and you WILL lose. It's my understanding that there is a window of opportunity for optimal weight loss before your body adjusts and adapts to the physical changes from surgery. I was told that losing can last for 12-18 months w/the first 6 months being the months w/the fastest loss. For 12-18 months we need to work to get where we want to be and make permanent lifestyle changes in how we eat and in our activity levels. After that time it's these lifestyle changes that will be the deciding factor in our long term success or failure.

Start from the beginning, follow your doctor's instructions, and find and attend a support group for help and encouragement. :-)