Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The brand "Pure Protein" has the best Protein to calorie ratio I've found. I've seen them at all the chain stores. All of the brands that have the most protein taste like soybeans to me, not good! Another brand that tastes the best to me, but has a worse protein to calorie ratio is the CLIF bar.

Hi, I'll ask my nut at my next appt, but how far out are you when you start to eat the Protein bars?

I'm just starting soft, 4 weeks post-op.

I started the Pure Protein Bars around six months. That was when the grams of Protein I need to get each day increased and I wanted to use as few calories as possible to meet the goal. I normally have one for lunch. Prior to that I had one fat free mozzarella string cheese stick. Convince is also a consideration. I have them at work, and this is a very easy lunch.< /p>

I'm not sure what you mean by healthy Protein bars, but the Eat Good, Look Great bars I get at Walmart and Sam's taste good and have 20G of Protein. They have 16 grams of carbs, 2 grams of sugar and only 6 grams of fat. They taste like a very filling candy bar. I've had the chocolate Peanut Butter, the chocolate delux, but there are lots of other flavors.

I would define a 'healthy' bar as one that has less than 10g sugar, low sugar alcohol (sugar alcohol can cause dumping also according to my nut, and it definitely gives you gas), low fat (less than 3g), high protein, and low sodium. It's hard to find all that in One Bar, something must be sacrificed. For me, I'll choose a low sugar, high Protein Bar even if the fat content is more than I'd like. :-)

I didn't eat Protein Bars till seven months out. :-)

Quest bars are delicious.

Quest bars are delicious.

I'm not to that stage where I can eat these yet but I heard the bars are even better heated up.

I looked at every bar Walmart and my military grocery store has, I didn't find a single 1 that im willing to take in those calories.. the Protein and all was good but between the sugar and calories I say NO. if you find one that is low please send me a message!

I looked at every bar Walmart and my military grocery store has, I didn't find a single 1 that im willing to take in those calories.. the Protein and all was good but between the sugar and calories I say NO. if you find one that is low please send me a message!

I agree.

But when you need an emergency back-up, Protein Bars are a good choice. Livestrong recommends Balance Bars, Pure Protein Bars, and Detour Bars. Of those, the Pure Protein ones have the most protein and least calories, carbs and fats.

You might also want to check online for Protein Bar recipes.

Quest bars from GNC are great. They are usually on sale too.

Quest bars are definitely the 'cleanest' bars I've found.

I love Quest bars. But, when I've tested my blood glucose after one hour, it's higher than it should be by their nutrition info. Out of concern, I looked up why this might be -- and I see that quest is being sued for false nutrition info.

I eat a Quest bar for lunch , if I am on the run... But it is really yummy if you stick it in the microwave for 8 seconds! My blood sugars don't raise after having one but will if I eat more than that amount of carbs!

I love Quest bars. But, when I've tested my blood glucose after one hour, it's higher than it should be by their nutrition info. Out of concern, I looked up why this might be -- and I see that Quest is being sued for false nutrition info.

This is for calories and Fiber only. The main reason is because they use a newer type of Fiber that not all labs are equipped to measure.

Not sure why your glucose shows higher. Maybe something you should ask the nutritionist about.

Edited by pookybear

I was looking at Protein bars the other day but opted out because of fear. I am just now adding soft veg and fruit to my diet, per my Doctors plan, and I am just afraid of messing up....