Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CANT lose weight

I'm 5 months out, right and the beginning I was loosing like crazy, now I am nit loosing at all, only 10lbs in 2 months, AND ill randomly gain pounds that I have to fight to lose, it shouldnt be like this yet, what can I do to get back on track, I still have 28 more pounds to lose

Congrats on the decision to take your life back.

2nd- the best advice for you is to keep a food log of your food intake, hold yourself responsible for what you put in your body.....

3rd remove the word *can't* from your vocabulary.you did not gain weight overnight and you will not lose weight overnight...it takes time but don't feel discouraged

I will say this, surgery is not magic, you will have many stalls during your journey (many of us here have) but don't feel down we have many things to be thankful for along the way....grab a pair a pants that you have not fit in a long time, cross your legs, how are you sleeping, feeling? look for other things that you can say wow...I feel so much better.

I can tell you from experience i have had stalls during my entire journey but you know what I look at the positive aspect of my journey and that makes me say the numbers don't matter:)

WLS rules, Protein, Water, Vitamins, FOOD log, walking, exercise...follow these rules and you will be fine....

your pouch will do its job, you have to do the rest, good luck :)

I'm going through the same thing. I'm not loosing but everyone is saying his different I look. I'm plugging along hoping to see scale move.

I'm going through the same thing. I'm not loosing but everyone is saying his different I look. I'm plugging along hoping to see scale move.

What I started doing was not only using Myfitness pal but logging my food in a note book, made me really conscious of what im eating, started aiming for 70g of Protein also, since sunday o have lost 2.5lbs so its working! Good luck :)

Sometimes I think I have been in a stall longer then the few days here and there that I lose! It does get discouraging but I feel better, look better and at 64 now know fat fills out wrinkles! Lol

I am down 60#s but have only lost a few pounds in the last month .. I must trust the process and believe it will move down at some point as I track everything on Myfitnesspal and my FitBit band! Head hunger is tough but I am learning! I stay under 700 calories, get 70 grams Protein and 64ozs of fluids.... 3 months post RNY

I'm the same...getting discouraged but trying to trust the process. Im three months out and down 58...59...58...60...58 pounds! I'm not eating anything I shouldn't, but, on the other hand, I sometimes eat the same things too much because I know I can tolerate them, and I get tired of thinking about food. I'm so frustrated that my weight loss is so slow, and only have list six pounds in the last 8 weeks. My doc says I'm on track, but I DON'T CARE - it's just too slow. I drink at least 64 oz of Water each day, and exercise 4-5 times/week and avoid all carbs, but i get 50-70g Protein each day even though most days i don't get above 700 calories. But...I do feel pretty good. So...when you think you're doing everything right but the scale doesn't budge, how do you stay motivated (I know, I know, throw out the scale!)?

Edited by Mkmb2006

I'm the same...getting discouraged but trying to trust the process. Im three months out and down 58...59...58...60...58 pounds! I'm not eating anything I shouldn't, but, on the other hand, I sometimes eat the same things too much because I know I can tolerate them, and I get tired of thinking about food. I'm so frustrated that my weight loss is so slow, and only have list six pounds in the last 8 weeks. My doc says I'm on track, but I DON'T CARE - it's just too slow. I drink at least 64 oz of Water each day, and exercise 4-5 times/week and avoid all carbs, but i get 50-70g Protein each day even though most days i don't get above 700 calories. But...I do feel pretty good. So...when you think you're doing everything right but the scale doesn't budge, how do you stay motivated (I know, I know, throw out the scale!)?

I upped my protein to 80g a day, and I lost 3lbs this week!! I started drinking water continuosly throughtout the day and its really heloing, I just hope it sticks

You're discouraged because you're judging your success by the scale. I understand. We ALL understand. And it's still a bad idea.

You're getting all of your fluids, all of your Protein, managing your calorie intake and have lost 60 pounds in three months. That's how you stay motivated! You are successful every day. Celebrate every day that you follow the protocol. Regardless of what the scale is saying, the laws of science and the universe cannot be denied. Continue following the protocol exactly as you have been and sooner or later there is absolutely no doubt that you will lose weight.

Sometimes you'll lose quickly. Sometimes slowly. And yes, sometimes not at all. But your response is always the same regardless of what your weight is doing - follow your plan. No matter what - follow your plan. Forget about weighing for at least a week and two would be even better. Focus all of that energy on - following your plan.

Stay positive. Stay patient. Maintain your food log. And follow the protocol as closely to the letter as you possibly can.

Do those things and you're gonna love the new you - guaranteed!!