Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I found out yesterday that I was denied for surgery by my insurance company. Come to find out they want more information that I wasn't asked by my doctors office to give. So now I have to get an ekg, chest xray, a TSH blood level, my diet and exercise logs for 6 months. Plus, I need to have a new sleep study done and get copies of my thyroid levels and ultrasound.

It is only a small setback and I am determined to have this done.

I am printing all my logs from my fitness pal and having my xray, ekg and blood work done Wednesday. And I just found out about the sleep study so I need to schedule that.

I will prevail!!!

You'll get there, I had to do most of the above, but it wasn't an insurance requirement, it was my surgeons requirement. I actually feel better about the process knowing they have high standards. Knowing all you can about your health will only help you on the other side of surgery. Best of luck

Good for you! You will prevail. It is great that you have been recording your info on my fitness pal....it is a great tool. And I agree you will/would have much of this done before surgery anyway.

Keep on keeping on...and let us know how you are doing.

Go get it Shirley, we haven't worked this hard to be turned down for reasons we can overcome.

I can relate. I was required to do the 6 months and some testing before insurance would approve.

I thought I was going to be approved in July 2013, but was told I was not qualified until the above was complete.

I was so ready last summer, but the past 6 months have gone by fast. And now I am scheduled for surgery in March.

I truly am glad that I was able to have those 6 months worth of visits to prepare. Even though I am having surgery in couple of weeks I still feel that I am not ready, I will be researching everything until the day I have surgery.

The time really goes by fast. It will be here in no time.. Good Luck to you!

Thanks for sharing and you have the right attitude do not let this delayment set you back , take what ever test you have to and resubmit and get on with your new life.