Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a fake surgery, dont want the little league moms to know

Initially at work I didn't tell anyone. Apparently they all thought I'd gone in for a facelift!!! (Am I that vain?)

But now I tell everybody who remarks on my weight loss. (Not that a lot of people do, unfortunately.) But I'm just so happy and such a WLS believer that I love to testify as to its efficacity.

Still, a facelift? Really?

I recently just had the lap band done and I told everyone who didn't need to know that I had a hernia repaired....which I actually did have a hiatia hernia repaired during the gastric banding...just a thought... Good luck !! Being discreet is the hardest thing I have come across so far...since I'm so excited about my journey....

A coworker of mine tried to cover it up but it's not hard to figure it out. Out for surgery. ... come back losing weight....people are going to put the two together and probably talk. Either way, it's something you're going to have to deal with.

I'm not ashamed... I had a RNY Dec 4, 2013. I've lost 52 lbs and made medical improvements. For example, I only shoot insulin once daily vs 5-7 times a day, No high blood pressure med, No cholesterol med. I can walk in the store for almost 2 hrs and I just bought and wear my first size 20 jean after wearing 26/28...I'm proud!!! Who cares what others say... This is my journey, buy if they want to be negative, they were never my friend and I don't need negativity in my life... Blessings All

Thanks again everyone. I'm currently down -30. Everyone knows I go to the gym and I'm eating tons better. Plus they know I see a Nut. So I'm hoping people will just see the hard work ;)

Sex reassignment. Tell them you now have the penis they've always hoped for.

Best. Response. EEEEVERRR!!!!

If you're so adamant about them not knowing anything - just don't tell them anything. If they ask where you've been just say, "Oh, I've been busy. Hey how's *insert child's name here* been doing on the field?"

You can tell them you had Diverticulitis and had to have some of your colon removed. This will explain the weight loss and also having an unusual diet. I know someone who that happened to, I think it would be a good cover. If I was a better liar I'd use that excuse. lol

I know it's personal but I told everyone about my surgery and choice for WLS because I'm proud of my decision. Yes some people weren't so supportive and I put them in their place! It's everyone's decision weather or not they want to tell people and hopefully you will find the courage to tell everyone and bypass (no pun intended) their negative comments!

Lies are so hard to keep up with, for me anyway. When they ask why you are out, just say "it's personal." It's no one's business but your own. When they comment on your weight loss, just say thanks. If they ask how you did it, just say "eating less, exercising more."

No need to make it a big discussion. Your privacy is important. More important than their curiousity. You don't owe them any explanations.

Good Luck.

Funny follow up to my 'surgery'. I only told my boss I was having 'surgery'. This happened to have been at the start of my holiday break so I got three weeks off. He never saw me on pain meds or I've pack on the belly or grimace when I stood up wrong.

Fast forward to yesterday... I had my annual performance review. A year or two back I suffered from extreme anxiety and super stressful workload that ended up me limiting my hours to 40 a week. Well last year was much better and even better this time around.

He was commenting on how I was doing better, taking more on, yada yada yada, and didn't know if x, y, z or my surgery was helping me.

I really wonder what type of surgery he thought I had that would help with anxiety at work. Lol

You might miss two games because you have surgery, I might have missed one because I felt GREAT! My husband and I have told three people about our sleeve and we are around lots of friends at functions, and our neighbors, and even my husband's 30 year old son do not know about the surgery, and his family have not noticed the dual 50 lb. loss over several months. Having spent years at baseball parks, tell one and they all will know. Loving our privacy in Florida!

Well the smartass in me would have come up with something epic like a sex change or something like that. But you don't have to explain anything to them unless YOU want too. I would say f*ck it and forget they exist. If they HAVE to ask you why you mystically vanished tell them you needed a little breather.

I understand completely. Some are ok with telling orhers and for others it's way out of their comfort level. Why that is.. no clue. We're just all different. Tell them what you want and be ok with it.

You might miss two games because you have surgery, I might have missed one because I felt GREAT! My husband and I have told three people about our sleeve and we are around lots of friends at functions, and our neighbors, and even my husband's 30 year old son do not know about the surgery, and his family have not noticed the dual 50 lb. loss over several months. Having spent years at baseball parks, tell one and they all will know. Loving our privacy in Florida!

Thank you for your support! And understanding. Glad to know I won't be down that long :)

I understand completely. Some are ok with telling orhers and for others it's way out of their comfort level. Why that is.. no clue. We're just all different. Tell them what you want and be ok with it.

Thank you