Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Champaign Illinois Anyone? Central area?

Yes I try to drink protien shakes. I don't really like them, but I have found that if I put frozen strawberries in a blender with a can of vanilla slim fast I can get about 8 ozs of that down in the mornings. I try to drink the rest sometime during the rest of the day because it doesn't taste all that great the next morning. I wish they made smaller cans of slim fast.

This also is something good to have when you want something sweet.

Becky-

I must have just missed you yesterday. I was so glad that we got the new band. Apparently they have been using the new 10 c.c. band since August. They are giving me 1 c.c. in early May, then another 1 in about two weeks. It is so interesting getting used to food again with the band. Chew-chew-chew!

Carol. well that last fill gave me some restriction, I think, now how long will it last I don't know looking forward to the 22nd, In Christian Love, beckt

Becky,

I called last week and they said that they had an opening for Thursday at 2:30. But I don't get off work until 3, and then it is almost a half an hour drive. So, I will wait until Monday. I really want some restriction. I think that another problem is that I am not getting enough Water in. I am going to really work on that this weekend.

I have noticed that my pants are bigger even though the scale is not gong down. I think my scale is a liar!!

I am going to start walking too. Now that it is nice out, I am going to get out there and get my dog a little excersise too!!

How is the restriction? Are you really feeling it?

Michelle, I think I can, I have slimmed twice since then, I guess thats what I did, didn't much like that feeling, now I very leary of what I put in my mouth, like not much, and I know that won't help.I ate about 5 pieces of chicken, and burped on the 3 piece, so that must of been my sign, but I didn't feel full at all so ate another, ok,burp, but on the 5th piece I I felt it go down, then the burpping got worse, and I could hardly catch my breath, went in the Bathroom, just bent over and the syliva just started coming out of my mouth finally it stopped, then I was just fine. So I think when I burp, that is my signal I have had enough. we'll just have to see. Others can tell you what to expect but guess you have to experience it your self, to really understand. Did you give any thought to April 22 at Lincoln Craker Barrel, ,would love to meet you and get to know you better, we keeo passing at the Dr. office. Lots of Christian Love and Respect, Becky...OH!, I can teel in my pants to even though the scale doesn't say much, Dr. saod to stay off the scale, it was your worset enemy, I think he has something there. Talk with you later sweet Michelle..

I don't type the best either, Heck of a good nurse, terrible typer.......Sorry

Hi Kelly,

Did you want to meet for lunch some time? Kelly....you said that your weight loss has slowed down. Have you tried going on a low/ no carb diet? That is what I'm doing now and Kelly I have lost 3 lbs in one week. It takes a while for the body to rid it's self of the carbs, but once it does the weight just starts dropping off. Well....that and being not able to eat solids until the evening time.

Terry

Hey Terry! I appreciate the low carb approach as that is how I lost weight pre-lap band (Atkins), but I really got the band so I could start enjoying all foods in reasonable portions. I don't like to feel deprived of "taboo foods" as I do on Atkins. I personally think all things are okay in moderation. I enjoy eating whatever I want in small amounts and having so many choices. The lap-band is a dream come true for me just for that reason. I'd love to meet for lunch soon. How about next week sometime? We could go to Za's since you are doing low carb. They have great salads. Any day will work for me. You? ;)

Michelle, I think I can, I have slimmed twice since then, I guess thats what I did, didn't much like that feeling, now I very leary of what I put in my mouth, like not much, and I know that won't help.I ate about 5 pieces of chicken, and burped on the 3 piece, so that must of been my sign, but I didn't feel full at all so ate another, ok,burp, but on the 5th piece I I felt it go down, then the burpping got worse, and I could hardly catch my breath, went in the Bathroom, just bent over and the syliva just started coming out of my mouth finally it stopped, then I was just fine. So I think when I burp, that is my signal I have had enough. we'll just have to see. Others can tell you what to expect but guess you have to experience it your self, to really understand. Did you give any thought to April 22 at Lincoln Craker Barrel, ,would love to meet you and get to know you better, we keeo passing at the Dr. office. Lots of Christian Love and Respect, Becky...OH!, I can teel in my pants to even though the scale doesn't say much, Dr. saod to stay off the scale, it was your worset enemy, I think he has something there. Talk with you later sweet Michelle..

What time are you going to Cracker Barrell? Here is another thing, I have not had much restriction and then the last two days, I have really felt it. Today I was craving a cheeseburger, and I could only eat about half. But when I went to the buffet on Easter, I had little if any restriction. What gives?

when was your last fill? some people say it can take up to couple weeks for that fill to kick in, We will meet at between 6amd 6:30 hope you can come hon, would love to meet you. anyone is welcome. Its in Lincoln.right off the express way,across the road from Steak and shake.< /p>

You know, I could have swore I posted in this thread, but it seems to have vanished since I got home from work! Odd... Maybe I offended the computer gods or something. :thumbup:

Anyway, this time I'll just say "Hi" to y'all and leave it go at that. :eek:

Brightest Blessings,

Linda

when was your last fill? some people say it can take up to couple weeks for that fill to kick in, We will meet at between 6amd 6:30 hope you can come hon, would love to meet you. anyone is welcome. Its in Lincoln.right off the express way,across the road from Steak and shake.

In the morning or in the evening. I work in the morning, so if it is then I will have to catch up after May. But in the evening I can see. I am a teacher and I usually can't do much until summer!! And let me tell you, after the last few weeks I am having, I am counting the days!!

I think that my fill might be kicking in. I am feeling more restriction in the last week than I have felt in a month!:biggrin:

Hey Terry! I appreciate the low carb approach as that is how I lost weight pre-lap band (Atkins), but I really got the band so I could start enjoying all foods in reasonable portions. I don't like to feel deprived of "taboo foods" as I do on Atkins. I personally think all things are okay in moderation. I enjoy eating whatever I want in small amounts and having so many choices. The lap-band is a dream come true for me just for that reason. I'd love to meet for lunch soon. How about next week sometime? We could go to Za's since you are doing low carb. They have great salads. Any day will work for me. You? :lol:

Hi Kelly,

How about meeting on Tuesday? Does Za's have Soup? That will be the only thing I will be able to get down. I can't eat anything at all unless its soup; until way after 3 or 4 in the after noons. I just got home from shopping at TJ MAX. Kelly I'm in a 14 now! One pair was even to big! Its funny how it just depends on the brand name as far as fit goes. Let me know about Tuesday....I'm leaving to go to Ohio to see my Mom on Thursday.

If I don't hear from you on Monday I will call you.

Terry

Michelle, my daughter is a teacher in Lincoln, and she is saying the samething, counting the days, she teaches 1st grade.Well after school,is out I hope we can get together if we don't run into each other before at Dr. Sids. This last fill has made some difference for me too. we will have to wait and see. In Christian Love and Respect, Becky

Hi Kelly,

How about meeting on Tuesday? Does Za's have Soup? That will be the only thing I will be able to get down. I can't eat anything at all unless its soup; until way after 3 or 4 in the after noons. I just got home from shopping at TJ MAX. Kelly I'm in a 14 now! One pair was even to big! Its funny how it just depends on the brand name as far as fit goes. Let me know about Tuesday....I'm leaving to go to Ohio to see my Mom on Thursday.

If I don't hear from you on Monday I will call you.

Terry

Kelly,

I just looked at my calender. I can't do lunch Tuesday...I have a 12:30 hair appointment. How about Monday or Wednesday?

Terry

Hi I am going to Peoria with Dr. Marshall also. Wrenbird did you get a surgery date yet?

Becky