Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pressure cooker

Can the people who cook their meats and veggies using a pressurecooker chime in. I was wondering how tender and moist the meat comes out. I think it would be good for the sleeve.

I have a friend who uses a pressure cooker send she swears by it. Less nutition escapes from veggies, cooks faster. And meat tender. Good idea. I want to get one.

I've been thinking of getting a pressure cooker for that reason...meats come out tender. I use my slow cooker now, and it's great for that as well...but the PC cooks it quicker...

I can't wait to hear what people have to say on this subject! Thanks for adding it to todays list :)

I have one but I don't know how to use it so when I get to the point where I can tolerate meat I will have to look up a tutorial on youtube on how to use it.

And I believe that you can put any cut of meat like big chicken cutlets or whatever and the nutrients stay locked into the meat same with the veggies. This is unchartered territory for me so I'm excited and happy.

I have used pressure cookers for years and I love them. Just make sure you read the directions on your particular model and learn to cool it down before taking the top off. We don't want any explosions I make home made chicken Soup in mine and it takes maybe an hour where it would take hours cooking the conventional way. The meat and veggies get so tender and the taste is delicious. I've bought some cheap cuts of meat and cooked them in the pressure cooker and they are so tender you can cut them with a fork, And as some of the others have said, the nutrients are still in the food. You will love it.

Janet

I have used pressure cookers for years and I love them. Just make sure you read the directions on your particular model and learn to cool it down before taking the top off. We don't want any explosions I make home made chicken Soup in mine and it takes maybe an hour where it would take hours cooking the conventional way. The meat and veggies get so tender and the taste is delicious. I've bought some cheap cuts of meat and cooked them in the pressure cooker and they are so tender you can cut them with a fork, And as some of the others have said, the nutrients are still in the food. You will love it.

Janet

That is so inspiring thank you

I have been thinking of getting one myself. My grandmother always cooked with the old manual style pressure cooker and I remember some of the best roast beef I ever had in my life. hopefully I can recreate that with one of these new pressure cookers.

I love my pressure cooker, I just need to build up my list of recipes for it! Most often I make pulled pork with a tenderloin, and some salsa or a pouch of taco sauce (I love the new Frontera sauces). It goes into an enchilada for my husband, and for me I just add a few black Beans and a sprinkle of cheese, lettuce and Tomato. It freezes well too! It's so much faster than a crock pot, and very very tender and moist.

I just recently purchased the book Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies. excellent book by the way but while searching for it, I found several cookbooks for pressure cookers as well as a Pressure Cooker recipes for Dummies book. Thought some of you might be interested in some of these to help with your pressure cooking. Good luck to everyone. Eat nutritiously!!