Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Overjoyed!!!!

hi all. i'm still pretty new here.

this forum is making me so happy! happy is not even enough to describe how i'm feeling. how do i feel you ask? well, the reason i am very happy is because i feel hopeful. once in a while, i'd start to dislike myself because i feel like my weight is defeating me and i felt like i was my own enemy because i could not trust myself to help me out of my situation. i don't have to struggle with my weight for the rest of my life. reading all your stories and seeing all your pictures makes me feel that there is hope. i can look forward to going shopping for clothes. (currently a size 16-18) i can look forward to summer time. a tropical woman like myself don't enjoy summer time because i do not feel confident in summer gear. i am so happy for the fact that i can actually be thin! i don't have to be the "fat one" amongst my group of friends.people around me tell me i'm georgeous and what not, but it's hard to believe it when you look in the mirror and just don't feel what they are saying. i am just so excited about this whole thing. i'm about to start with my consultation. and even if insurance doesn't cover it for me, i won't allow that to disrupt my joy. life is short and there is not enough time to sit around feeling depressed and sorry for yourself. i have learned that.

i'm so happy to see others who've walked/ are walking in my shoes and understand the physical and especially mental troubles of being an over-weight person.

thank you all (members of LBT) for making me feel a new joy and hope and for being an inspiration.

phew!!! glad i got dat off my chest.:)

....ever grateful

sasha

When I got banded, my doctor gave me a sheet with a few online support groups on it, and some offline groups. I checked out the online groups and really didn't find the support to be anything close to what this wonderful group of people offers!

isn't that right? i liked how when i first joined and had series of questions, many were willing to offer answers to the best of their knowledge and also showed me great support.

This site helped me so much too. I love that you are so excited.

Follow your doctors orders, get you liquid in each day and try to get your exercise each day too. I had 6 plateaus in my 8 months and that made it hard but I knew the science behind it and knew I looked and felt better then when I started plateau or not.

I started feeling really good at about 200 lbs. I could not believe how much easier it was just to do daily activities. I could dust the whole house without resting!! Before I would have to take a break.

good luck

edie

Sasha,

It is wonderful to feel this way now, and it is just the beginning of a new life!!

There are some super-inspirational thoughts in a thread "April 2006 Bandiversary!!" I know it is a weird title, but there are very deep reflections, tips, and advice for newbies written by those who have been banded a year. You would probably enjoy reading!

Congratulations!!

Sasha, congrats on your consult. Its hard to believe mine was a year ago. I can't believe I am down 50 lbs without barely trying. It unimaginable. Good luck on your journey.

Hello Sasha,

yes you are right I toatlly understand how you feel about LBT, when I started my research like 4 months prior to surgery I finally found LBT and I was so happy, excited and stunned how people here are nice and supportive! I love it here.

I thought Im a lost case, I have been on 1000's of diets losing -gaining more-losing some-gaining more mode and look Im down from size 22/24 to 14/16/18 depends if it is UK or US, the band and the support here really helped me to change my life. Im more confident, on less meds, Im eating healthy, excercising Im not paranoid about people looking at me anymore, its just great!! I want to lose another 26kgs, and for the first time I really beleive its going to happen!

Good luck to you and keep us all posted!

xxx Eva

Sasha, I am in the same boat you are in right now. Pre-surgery, heck, pre-consult. My consult is on April 12th and I am just biting my tongue waiting to get started. I am in a size 24 right now in my pants and a top size of 20. I am ready to start shopping and wearing smaller clothes. Eficka, I laughed when I read your reply because we are (were) at the exact same starting place.....that gives me so much hope!! I am hoping to be banded by July/August. That is my goal!!

Hello Lee Ann,

theres always hope:-) But yep its hard work, the band really helps though it doesnt let me eat too much, although eating pint of icecream isnt such a big problem:-) but dont worry the band will travel to your brain as well and you will get used to it:-) Its really big change of lifestyle but it lasts and last but not least I take it as my last chance to get "normal" ...lol

I think July/August is pretty good it took me like 4 months to get through all the check ups...but it was worth it!!! good luck and tell us how it went?:-)

Hi Sasha

You surely came to the right place! happy to know you've taken that first step. Being banded is a new opportunity, sometimes the last one, we're giving to ourselves, therefore we better hang on to that. Read a lot, do lots of research, you'll find many good advices and tips here.

Wish you lots of success for your new life!

niki

i've gone to my first consult. there's another one with another 'company' that i have coming up in 2 weeks. i was very happy and satisfied with the first consultation and looks like i'll be working with this particulardoctor. i'm very excited. and yes! i did qualify, which was one of my biggest worries. i'll keep you guys posted as events progress. thanks ladies for the encouragement!!! :)

I haven't been banded yet and whenever i feel down to my lowest and i'm eyeing that bag of Cookies in the kitchen i come here. I feel at home here because i'm surrounded with people that are just like me! I'm excited about getting my band done cause i know i will have the support i need and someone to help me stay in line *huggles BubbleButt* lol If i fall then i know there will be a price to be paid and i will hopefully learn a lesson if not i'm sure i'll make a post so as to remind myself not to do it again lol . But right now I feel comfort in the people i have met and listening to their stories and watching their success and i know one day I can become one of them. ( a success story) I'm glad you are enjoying this site as much as i am. No where have i seen so many people bond and council one another on such a life changing procedure. Kudos to you and kudos to those who are thinking about changing their lives for the better. :) :clap2:

@bluetattoo

yes! i understand exactly how you feel. it seems were riding the same boat. i can't wait till i can actually get the surgery scheduled and and then start the actual weight loss itself and then finally get my own "ticker" countdown thingy :)

yes i found this place and have been here everyday, i am going to first consult wendsday and cannot wait to begin my journy my insurance requires a six month diet under dr supervision witch was a huge let down but the time will pass and come october i will be banded and ready to start a new life.