Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PUREE Stage.....yuck! Help!

I Am now at the purée stage of eating. I have been dreading this stage as the thought of puréed chicken, tuna or meats turns my stomach. I tried pureeing chicken and couldn't stomach it! I looked for recipes but no luck. anyone have any suggestions? I would like to stay on the liquid stage and then go into soft foods when it's time, but I know I need to introduce these foods back into my diet. The only thing I can eat is the scramble eggs. please give me suggestions!! thank you!

I completely understand what you are going through! I was unable to stomach the pureed stage as well. I did pretty much stay on full liquids and scrambled eggs until the soft stage which was about 4 weeks post-op. I had no problems introducing soft foods into my diet when the time came. Good luck!

Do you like hummus? I'm going to be sleeved tomorrow and will be on liquids for 2 weeks, but I've planned to have some of it when I'm allowed to eat purees.

For me the key was pureeing with strong flavored sauces, and then heating up and melting a little cheese on top. It made it like a little casserole. Some things I did:

thai spice tuna with Sriracha sauce and pepper jack cheese

chicken with low carb BBQ Sauce and cheddar cheese

turkey with peanut sauce and jack cheese

chicken with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese

shrimp with remoulade

salmon with lemon dill sauce and gouda cheese

Good luck!

Refried Beans

Guacamole

Hummus

Soft cheeses

Ricotta bake

When I was on puree foods I was able to have like a cracker with it so I had melba toast on hand to stomach it. I loved refried Beans with some low fat sour cream and chicken. The chicken was from the can so it was already most and easy to puree. I love avocados with a passion and would mash them with the chicken with taco seasoning and eat it. But I was so happy when I moved on from puree, it was so gross.

I haven't pureed anything.. I was given a list of soft foods I could have besides puree.. stuff like tuna, flakey fish, etc. I'm just about sick of it by now, but at least I didn't have to blend anything up :)

Thanks everyone! I thought I was the only one disliking this stage! I like some of the ideas and going to the grocery store to make some of these foods! I did cheat and ate tuna w/o pureeing it. I just chewed and chewed it so well. It went down okay!

Hopefully ending the purée stage In 2 days, been very boring. I've lived on puréed Soups, I would kill to chew on something.

I Am now at the purée stage of eating. I have been dreading this stage as the thought of puréed chicken, tuna or meats turns my stomach. I tried pureeing chicken and couldn't stomach it! I looked for recipes but no luck. anyone have any suggestions? I would like to stay on the liquid stage and then go into soft foods when it's time, but I know I need to introduce these foods back into my diet. The only thing I can eat is the scramble eggs. please give me suggestions!! thank you!

You can try blending your meats with some sort of root vegetable like squash, sweet potatoes, regular mashed potatoes or any other boiled root vegetable, you can do what Cubans call A mojito, basically get some garlic n sautéed it n put it on your purée after you blend it, sort of like a dressing, you're going to love it!

Other things you can eat: guacamole, ricotta cheese, hummus, grits, eggs, just to name my favorites :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches