Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is your port?

Wait a minute we can have oatmeal? and whole wheat bread? ?? I didn't see it on the list so I have been eating turkey sausage and eggs but I am getting tired of it.. 12 lbs is excellent! I know sugar is off limits

Be happy you get to eat food!! Today is my last day of the pre-op diet and all I could have was Protein Shakes, broth, suger free popsicles, sugar free Jello, and diluted fruit juice! I would kill for a salad right now! Haha :)

You can have oatmeal if it is the old fashion kind. I added cinnamon and 1 pack of Splenda to it. The bread has to be 100 percent whole grain and sugar free. I also found mayo that was sugar free and would make tuna fish sandwiches too. I had to learn how to be creative.

cheese sticks were my friend too. And the Oscar Meyer brand of lunch meat has no sugar in it. I would use lettuce as my bread and do a ham and turkey cheese roll up. (No sliced processed cheese )

Be happy you get to eat food!! Today is my last day of the pre-op diet and all I could have was Protein Shakes, broth, suger free popsicles, sugar free Jello, and diluted fruit juice! I would kill for a salad right now! Haha :)

That is my diet now for 1 week except for Protein shakes. I can have the shakes during the second week of post op. I'm starving right now.

@ Blissfullybanded LMAO.. ur right... thanks for the suggestions MestizaBander.. that opens up more options for me.... well getting ready to get my Zumba on.. I will check back in when I return..

Mine is straight up about 5 inches higher than my belly button and about 10 inches below my boobs. I have no idea why he placed it there, but it works well for me.

Ok.....you've got me measuring. I don't have that much space between my boobs and my belly button. But, mine is about 5 inches above belly button.

I just had surgery yesterday (17th) and my port was placed in my upper right abdomen. So far, its been pretty sore and hard to get up and down from the recliner or couch.

My port is on left side just under ribs about 6 inches past ribs. Very easy to locate. I have a friend who had hers placed in chest. I think they look at your body build when deciding where to place.

Some folks hold most weight in tummy and have great legs. I can see how it would be easier to access in chest like this. I am on other side and my weight is more spread out with my thighs and booty holding the majority, so my port is in my side.

Hope that helps, it may also just be the way your Dr. is comfortable placing.

My port is north of my belly button and right below the incision scar in the center just below my breasts. Never have a problem with fills, they are painless. I can feel it now when I lie flat. I don't think it will be noticable when I lost more either. My husbands is right by his belly button. I've never heard of the chest port scenario. Good Luck! I'm sure it'll be fine.

K.

I got my in 2007. Its about 3 inches above and right of my belly button. It's a little tilted and I can feel it and see a bump sometimes but no problem with the fills even though the needle always stings! But I have a scar about 2 inches wide on my stomach and would prefer it be under my arm. Plus your port in 2014 probably is smaller and better than mine from 2007. I think you will be just fine!

My port hurts sometimes I'm leaning or laying on it like in bed, lounge chair or against my desk and my elastic waste band is right in that location so I would prefer it be in deifferent location, but I'm just glad I have it!

My port is under my belly button. The only problem I've had is early on when I slept on my side (which is my habit) it would hurt. Now it's fine, but when I do crunches, it's a little tender sometimes.

My port is about 3 inches under my bra line.

I had a talk with my surgeon on yesterday, he assured me that you would not be able to see it and that it wouldn't be a very big port. He said that if you just looked at my chest or rub it you wouldn't know it was there. He said if you applied pressure you would feel it. I trust him, he made a promise that he would do all he could to make this procedure go safely and smoothly and to assist in anyway in helping me reach my goal. In turn I had to promise him that I would try follow the plan to assist my "tool" in doing it's job! I am super excited can't wait! Thank you all so much for sharing with me!! Be blessed!

I'm so glad I found this forum. I have wondered about this as well. My surgeon (also from Albany, GA, but doing my surgery through his Macon office) also places the port in the chest. One of the nurses in his office (whom he banded) showed me hers and also let me feel it. I can honestly say it wasn't noticeable. I guess it's just the thought of it being in your chest....

Edited by SweetGeorgiaT