Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lean cuisine, healthy choice, etc.

I had a gastric bypass surgery back in October. This is my first post. My question is: are these OK to eat? Is anybody else eating them? I've been eating them a couple weeks and there one of the few things that get me close to full. Ideas? Opinions?

I had a gastric bypass surgery back in October. This is my first post. My question is: are these OK to eat? Is anybody else eating them? I've been eating them a couple weeks and there one of the few things that get me close to full. Ideas? Opinions?

I do them and so does my husband - both RNY-ers. You have to be careful with the sodium and carbs in them. Most if them are very carb heavy. I can only eat a couple different ones with lower carbs. I do ok with the turkey tenderloins and green Beans. We only use them for quick lunches when we can't get something a bit healthier together.

Thanks Kat.. It's important to me to hear it from people in the same boat.

I do them and so does my husband - both RNY-ers. You have to be careful with the sodium and carbs in them. Most if them are very carb heavy. I can only eat a couple different ones with lower carbs. I do ok with the turkey tenderloins and green Beans. We only use them for quick lunches when we can't get something a bit healthier together.

I like the Atkins meals. They are pricey but have few carbs and are big enough to be two meals for me. They taste ok, too.

I didn't even know Atkins HAD meals! I always just followed their recipes. Thank you! I'll find them today.

I didn't even know Atkins HAD meals! I always just followed their recipes. Thank you! I'll find them today.

They seem to see cheaper at Walmart. They also have a better selection than some of the grocery stores in my area.

I live in Manhattan, no Walmarts here.. The Atkins store locator says Gristedies supermarkets have them and there is one a 5 minute walk from me..

I'm going to go there today and pick up a few days worth. I don't know if Walmart does shipping of frozen foods, but I'll check them soon.

Also, I'm not shilling, but you guys have to see this lunch bag perfect for us.. Holds 3 frozen meals, suppliments, and room left over for 4 large shaker cups/etc.. Look up 6 Pack fitness, I don't want to post the link here because I'm not sure of the rules.

I'm a cop, work crazy hours that change often, this thing is awesome.

They seem to see cheaper at Walmart. They also have a better selection than some of the grocery stores in my area.

The Atkins frozen meals are good for our goals in any post-op bariatric way.

I live in Manhattan, no Walmarts here.. The Atkins store locator says Gristedies supermarkets have them and there is one a 5 minute walk from me..

I'm going to go there today and pick up a few days worth. I don't know if Walmart does shipping of frozen foods, but I'll check them soon.

Also, I'm not shilling, but you guys have to see this lunch bag perfect for us.. Holds 3 frozen meals, suppliments, and room left over for 4 large shaker cups/etc.. Look up 6 Pack fitness, I don't want to post the link here because I'm not sure of the rules.

saw your username and knew you were upper east side. I'm in the West Village. I had lapband a little over a year ago. hope you are doing well. I stay away from frozen meals...lots of sodium even in the 'healthier' meals. I'll tell you what I do. I go to Citarella or Westside Market and buy their prepared food...fish and chicken mostly. I freeze the Protein into 3 oz. portions. I also get veggies there as well and freeze them in 1/2 cup amounts. I add some carbs...potato or rice...not much...about 1/4 cup and I have several ready to eat meals that are better than the TV dinner type meals.

saw your username and knew you were upper east side. I'm in the West Village. I had lapband a little over a year ago. hope you are doing well. I stay away from frozen meals...lots of sodium even in the 'healthier' meals. I'll tell you what I do. I go to Citarella or Westside Market and buy their prepared food...fish and chicken mostly. I freeze the Protein into 3 oz. portions. I also get veggies there as well and freeze them in 1/2 cup amounts. I add some carbs...potato or rice...not much...about 1/4 cup and I have several ready to eat meals that are better than the TV dinner type meals.

I havent learned to put my own meals together yet, still trying to figure this all out. Mainly looking to avoid sugars and fats, also watching carbs too.Nice to have a neighbor nearby, perhaps I can learn a few things about your shopping in Manhattan. FYI: I left the UES for Wash Hts about 2 yrs ago, I just been using this username for so long, I can't get myself to change it. :)

I'm a Bander...not the sleeve as you all are.....so for me it is a little different...I feel the meals are very nutritious, and a good quick meal, portion size....ate them al the time when I was dieting....of course I failed at every diet so Surgery was the final option.....

HOWEVER, as a Bander., I cannot eat them because 99% of them are made up with rice or Pasta and sometimes potatoes...things I can no longer eat...

I havent learned to put my own meals together yet, still trying to figure this all out. Mainly looking to avoid sugars and fats, also watching carbs too.Nice to have a neighbor nearby, perhaps I can learn a few things about your shopping in Manhattan. FYI: I left the UES for Wash Hts about 2 yrs ago, I just been using this username for so long, I can't get myself to change it. :)

I've got a cousin in Washington Heights....easy ride up to her on the A train...LOL. I hardly ever cook...who does in this city, right? Anyway, it's easy to put your own meals together...and healthier too. You can PM me so I don't bore others on this thread and I can give you some of my personal experiences. I know everyone has their own way of doing things, but I'm finding it pretty easy to do it this way and it gives me a nice variety which helps not get bored with the same thing all the time. Oh and I also eat out regularly as well. I just make some better choices when looking at the menu and I do fine.

I love the Amy's meals. I little privet than smart ones, but taste much better! The Mexican casserole is my favorite. It's mushy so no problems eating it.

I'm a Jerk, I thought you said you love the Army's meals. I was about to agree with you.I used to love MRE's.

Crazy high in carbs though.

Never heard of Amy's meals.

I AM however eating freeze dried Army TYPE meals, they're from some barbaric company. They do AWESOME pancakes, and cheese steak macaroni. They have a vegetable & cheese omelet, but I wasn't too crazy about it, kind of dry tasting.

Anyway, I'm taking ALL of everyone's advice seriously, writing it down, and I plan to try it until it doesn't all feel strange to me anymore. That part DOES change, right?

I love the Amy's meals. I little privet than smart ones, but taste much better! The Mexican casserole is my favorite. It's mushy so no problems eating it.