Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So here I sit with only 16 hours till my surgery having a mild nervous breakdown......:think

I read most of you had the same anxiety and come through with flying colors. Why is this not helping me? <sigh>

Its really strange that I am having such anxiety over this. Its mild compared to the 14 other operations I have had. 10 on my hips, 3 c - sections, and an apendectomy.

The only differnce with this one that I can truly think that may be causing the anxiety is that I opted for this. The others I didnt really have a choice.

I am a big believer in what one carries with them in thought is what is produced in the Universe. I am trying so hard to correct my mind set. All in all, I know I will be fine. Yes, I know I will be fine.... Let me start singing it as a song and I just might believe! :)

I awoke today knowing that the clear liquid fast will be underway.... Not having a lot of problems with it. Not even hungry. Probably nerves.

Had to take some Milk of Magnesia just about an hour ago.... Waiting for the results... :phanvan

Did anyone have their blood taken before surgery to make sure your electolites ect were okay?

I am drinking gaterade just to help that along.

I am so pleased I found this site. Even though I have a suportive husband, Its nice to have a Lapband family who can know exactly what I am feeling.

Will post again after my surgery.

Hang in there! I get banded tomorrow too. I am way less nervous than I thought I'd be. I just want it to be over. Between work, home and shopping to get ready for post-op, I've been super busy so have not had a lot of time to think about it. I think that's good!

Ok, part of the reason you're so anxious (I was a train wreck the day before my surgery) is because you did opt for this surgery, and the others, you had no choice....but probably a bigger, more important reason that you're so emotional is because you are going to have a MAJOR life change in less than 24 hours. Not only are you having surgery, but the surgery itself is only a minor part of what you're doing. Not that the surgery is minor, but it's such a small part of what's to come. If you're like most of us on here, we all have this obscene love affair with food. We don't eat like normal people of normal size eat. And you're choosing to walk away from that love affair.

This is not an easy decision to come to, nor is it easy to actually go through with it once the decision is made. I think I changed my mind 400 times between the time I "decided" and my actual surgery date. I kept moving forward, though, and the next thing I knew, I was banded, and on the losing side!!

You will be fine, though, and you will be SO glad you did it!

Keep us updated on how your surgery goes, and how you're feeling!! You're in my prayers, and I'm sending good thoughts your way.

hi,

i am having sugery tomorrow. i'm not nervous about the operation.....but i am excited and anxious about the big life change.

i was getting some of my post op medicines, etc and was walking down the aisles of target saying "goodbye peeps, goodbye swedish fish" i was laughing to myself but i am really sick and tired of being sick and tired.

before i made this decision...i felt i was going into an abyss. i usually get gung ho about working out and dieting for 2-3 mos...then gain it all back

so i'm excited i have this tool to help me over that hump.

anyway it true what you said about it being a life change....

what will i be able to complain about?:welldoneclap: .....nothing:clap2:

Autumn444, :welcome: to the world of LapBand! I was banded on 3/19 and went through all the things you talked about. Nervous, excited, and everything else that goes along with surgery and life change. I know it was the right decision, the ONLY decision for me. Keep your DH near by, it definitely helps having someone around, even if they can't completely understand what you're going through.

I did have blood taken before the surgery but wasn't told I would have to ahead of time so I didn't do anything extra.

Easier said than done, but try to think about all the positives that will come from this experience. New friends (all of us bandsters!), new clothes, new self confidence! :welldoneclap:

I know how you feel! I have two lovely daughters, ages 4 and 6 and I'm thinking, OMGosh, am I doing the right thing??? And yes, it worries me big time that I am CHOOSING to go under the knife. So I'm right there with ya! My surgery is next Tuesday, and I'm already feeling a little crazy. On the other hand I know this is the ONLY way I'll be able to lose weight, and I definitely want a better "quality of life" for me, and my daughters' sake. So, yes, I think it's a good decision!

Hang in there!

Donna

Don't over do the Gatorade - it can push you electrolytes too high. As long as you were healthy before and not exercising strenously while you are on liquids, you shouldn't need Gatorade.

Me too for getting banded tomorrow.. and yes I'm nervous.. but I'm feeling more optimistic since I found this site. I totally agree with you about the thoughts we carry, hence i'm trying to focus on the positive and quality of life issues that will improve. The last time I choose to have an elective surgury is was a breat reduction and while it hurt like hell afterwards I have never regretted it. I'd much rather be making my own choices than having someone make them for me.

Autumn444,

Keep your head high! Everything will be ok, I just got banded this Monday the 26th. Everyone is different so I wont say its smooth sailing, but Im sure if you have the mindset to do this, YOU CAN DO IT! They give you something before you go back to surgery, or at least my Dr did. I do suffer from anxiety and take Xanex on occation. Your in my thoughts and just remember, you are on your way to the new you!!! Best of luck..

What kept me going was thinking about all the **losers** :first: on this board who had gone before me. Their success, stories, humor and yes anxieties helped me on my journey to bandland.:clap2:

Good Luck and Good Journey,

Terri

And by the way....just because your surgery is done, don't expect not to be anywhere from mildly emotional to almost frantic about what you've done to yourself AFTER the fact. This happens very commonly to people, mostly as the result of the anesthesia. Seems to me like almost everyone goes through a period of....What the he** have I done? This will also pass.

Let us know how you're doing!

Autumn-I had the same melt down your experiencing. It really is totally common and understandable. The important thing to remember is there are good days and bad days and you just need to take it one day at a time. This is a journey that will allow you a better life. I am 9 days post op and it as been difficult at times to only drink liquids but each day gets easier and I look at it as a challenge. Mind over matter. You will get through it because I am no stronger than anyone else. Just keep things in check and realize you decided to do this because you WANTED it. It took you however many years to get to this point and it isn't going to be instantaneous to undo those habits, but you will find the strength. Keep in touch and goodluck!