Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters, What did you eat today???

I though it would be fun to start a thread ... a kind of food diary, that lets us keep track of what we're eating and also gives some of the pre op patients an idea of what life will be like with the band... it might be a good place to also put if the food you ate caused you to pb too!

I'll start the ball rolling...

28/3/07

B: starbucks blueberry yoghurt

L:Carrot and corriander Soup 1 cup 250mls

D: Roasted carrot and ginger soup 250mls with 150g VLF cottage cheese blended into soup for extra Protein.< /span>

Snacks...

Drinks; blueberry ribena extra light 500mls, 2 large black coffees, 2 glasses Water. 1 peppermint and liquorice herbal tea (300ml)

No pb's but lots of burping, still on liquid diet.< /span>

Ok Anon, here's my food diary for today 28th March. It's now the 18th day since my easyband & my hunger is slowly just beginning to come back. It's the last week of my liquid diet & I am getting a bit bored.................but................

B - HW Protein shake 125Kcal

MM - Tin Iced Cappuccino with extra coffee! 139

LT - A whole! Broccoli & Stilton fresh Soup, delicious 340

LF Yoghurt + LF Actimel 80

TT - carrot & coriander soup 240

LF Yog x 2 ! 110

Late snack - another HW shake 125

drinks - Tea & coffee with semi milk & sweetners plus

liberal defizzed caffeine free diet coke (I'm addicted)

I make that 1160 Kcal plus the milk. My pedometer tells me I've done 14,379 steps so far so hopefully I'm on track. I've plateaued at my 14 lbs loss recently but because I don't belong to the fairer sex I hope to resume losing soon!

No PB's, I've never had one. I did feel sick once, probably because I "experimented" with a little coleslaw! bad, bad boy!

I can't begin to tell you how different this is to my former life & how much more in control I feel.

Well today has not been a good day, got up, and weighed myself.... I'd gained a lb!!!! How I've no idea so today has gone a bit Pete Tong!

29/3/07

Brekkie; fig yoghurt activia

snack: Cambridge pack made into mousse Was good... and lots of Protein too

Lunch: Med Tomato and veg Soup with added cottage cheese

Snack: Starbucks Cinnamon dolce latte (grande) with two ginger biscuits... Well dunked so were virtually liquid:o :welldoneclap: Was feeling very sorry for myself! Total calories are 905 today!

Dinner; 1/2 large pot of Onken 0.1% fat natural yoghurt.....

I may have more soup later.... I'm not making any promises....

What a good idea anon tracking what we eat. Well today Ive been very very very bad. This is not my usual trend but as I've come on, I usually feel I want to eat everything on sight. This happen each time of the month for me. But here goes

29/3/07.

BF - 1/4 glass of Water with thyroid medicine. 20mins later, 1 pcs of crustless toast with light marjarin (bread got stuck so had a hard time but managed not to puke it out)

Morning Snk - 1 sainsbury good to yourself yogurt & Water

lunch - Had a meeting in a thai restaurant today, so ordered orange juice and rice with thai curry chicken. After 1/4way through eating, excused myself to the ladies, and stick my fingers and threw up as food got stuck cos I was talking and eating at the same time rather than concentrating what I was eating (Been warned by my doc on this) Went back to table and continue eating again but this time, soak my rice full of the thai curry juice and eat extremely slowly and managed it all down.

Afternoon Snk: Weightwatcher choc mouse and water

dinner : After work, met up with friend to the cinema, with only 15mins to spare b4 movie start, pop in to Nandos for dinner. Order 1 qtr pc chicken and 1 bowl rice. Once again cos i tried to hurried my dinner, ended up excusing myself to the loo and do 'u know what'. Came out, had a sip of diet coke, make me feel worst, and rush back in the toilet again. Gave up eating.

Evening Snk: At cinema, to console myself for not able to eat my dinner, bought myself a scoope of ice cream and some roasted cashew nuts.

So you see its a bad bad day. And I dont drink enough water either.

I don't measure exactly, but here goes:

BF - 20 ounce non-fat latte and South Beach Protein bar

snack - a few almonds

lunch - tuna, crackers and carrots.

dinner - Not sure yet. We are going shopping, so will eat out. Probably some grilled fish and steamed veggies.

Pretty typical day for me.

OK, I've not kept up with this so this is a catch up page.... more contributers would be helpful, I know that there are more Brits out there..... No offence my American friends, but sometimes, I look at what you've eaten and have no idea what it is!!! (what ARE grits? We use grit to stop the cars sliding on the icy roads!)

30/3/07

B:25g porridge made with skim milk and grated apple

L: M&S organic celeriac and parsnip soup

Snack: Cambridge diet mousse

D: Small bowl of homemade bolognese sauce no Pasta.< /span>

Snack: 39g plain chocolate :D :D

Total calories; 913

31/3/07

B: porridge as above

Snack: Cambridge mousse

L: 2 eggs scambled

D:small portion of homemade fish pie

Snack: Organic bio yoghurt plain

2tblspns pureed mango

Total calories: 1123

1/4/07

L: homemade fish pie

Snack:hot cross bun

D: Muller healthy balance yoghurt

Total calories; 667

2/4/07

BAD JUNK DAY!

B:1/2 danish pastry

L: 1 large scone with cream and jam

D: 1/3 takeaway curry with rice

1 1/2 poppadoms with raita dip

1 glass red wine

Total calories: 1172

3/4/07

B: Usual porridge

L:1 rye crispbread with cottage cheese (100g)

Snack: 1 organic natural yoghurt

D: homemade meatballs with sml portion pasta

1/2 shape yoghurt 60g

Total calories: 760

That's me up to date!

OK I thought I may as well join in on this one. I am getting the impression I'm not eating enough!

Today:

Morning - Bowl of porridge with handful of raisins

snack - Flake Bar (I nearly missed lunch altogether I was so busy!)

Tea - Beef and vegetable baxters Soup

Afternoon snack- 1ltr of Water during my get fit session

Now I am not feeling particularly hungry, I have another glass of Water by my side and feeling totally uninspired to cook anything :o .

Discovered something funny last night though. Tish - my best friend - decided she was going to get the family some chips. I looked forward to snaffling a few but when she came back, the smell nearly made me heave! This is getting a wee bit unfair, I am going off so many foods, it's silly!

I'm a little suprised seeing this, who'd of thought I would be eating barely anything and feeling like I can't be bothered to eat, just over 5 months ago! It really is astounding.

I think I will keep up with this and try and up my intake in a healthy way. I know I need the calories to actually burn, especially as I am exercising 5 times a week. Hey maybe my body has been replace by an alien and only my brain is still me! Eeeeek!

Surprisingly for lunch, I was able to eat a very very small amount of lightly battered fish, with tiny bites of seasoned rice and tiny tiny bits of broccoli w/ cheese sauce and to top it off NO SLIME!!! I'm sure that was less than 300 calories, not evn a cup.

For Breakfast I had a light banana cream pie yogurt.

Ok, this is my 2nd input. (and I agreed with pattyo, Anon, you are nearly a saint, you too Suzanne. Makes me feel bad re my own food intake) Anyway, here goes.

BF: Muller Light Yogurt

Snk 1: banana

Lunch: lunch meeting, so ordered 1 toasted panini bread with cheese

and chicken and 1 bottle of J2O mango

Snk 2: Weight Watcher Choc mouse

Dinner: Few roast chicken pieces with 2 scoope of mash potato in gravy

Snk 3: Asda Creme Bulea (I know Im addited to this and its such

high calories)

Taken 3 1/2 plastic cup of Water

Exercise: Physical - zero. Mental - aplenty!!!!

I'm no saint, really I'm not! I just don't feel like scoffing my head off! I paid for my danish pastry with the most awful golf ball!!

Well today's intake is as follows:

B: usual porridge with grated apple

L: Mocha coffee from Costa Coffee

D: Homemade slow roasted garlic and lemon chicken and a braised little gem lettuce

175ml Red Wine

Total: 875 Calories.

I've not eaten dinner as yet and this is the first time for me with chicken.... fingers crossed.

I've made a conscious decision to eat only solid food that will 'stay' in my pouch and provide lasting feelings of fullness, so I'm avoiding yoghurts and Soups, once this lot that I've made and is in the fridge is gone I shan't be having any more, I think that they tend to 'run straight through' and don;t satisfy me as much....

I'm tracking my calorie/protein/fat/carbohydrate intake at www.weightlossresources.co.uk which is a subscription site. It'll track your exercise calories too if you input the details. Alternatively I think that fitday does the calorie thing for for free, but the food database is American so you'll probably have to enter a lot of your own foods, but it is free so that's a good thing. www.caloriesperhour.com will give you the exercise figure. but I think that fit day does that too!

hope that these site help you if you want to keep track.

5/4/07

B: usual porridge with grated apple

Snack: natural bio yoghurt.

L: cold roast chicken breast

Snack; 1/2 apple and 3 thorntons chocolates!! :)

D: homemade fish pie (from the freezer!)

Total calories 998!

Dunno how that managed to stay beneath the 1000 calorie mark! I went to get the Easter eggs for the children in the family and just had to buy some..... would have been 250g before today I only had 30g of chocs.... And yes! I ate half an apple, skin as well, just like I did pre band!!

I had my second fill yesterday and this is the first day I've had full restriction:

Not a very healthy day I'm afraid:

Breakfast: Small bowl of cornflakes

Lunch: 3/4 sausage; a few chips and Beans -had to eat out at lunchtime so I opted for a childrens meal!

Dinner: 3 fish fingers with tartare sauce -very tired after work. I had cooked myself 4 but ended up throwing the last one together with spitting out the last mouthful as I just knew that it wasn't going to go down (sorry I know that's too much info :nervous)

I will definitely get some fruit and veges in tomorrow!

Well done Louise,

U r getting the hang on it. U also know when the next bite is going to make u rush to the loo. As I mentioned earlier in another thread, Im one of those bad girls where my brain still finds it hard to accept that I cant eat as much as I would like. For eg, I ordered a venison meal yday evening at a restaurant. The mash went down beautifully, but after 1/5 pc of the venison meat, I knew its not going to go in, but I tried it on, and well........u can guess what happened it the end.

Do u know what size band they fixed on u?? Mine's a 7ml band. My band is filled up to 6.8ml too, so I do find it hard to eat.

My other bandster mate who had the op same time, and same doc and share same room with me had hers filled up to 5.5ml. Perhaps bcos she weights more than me, but at 5.5ml she have lost nearly 4stones, whereas I've only lost 2stones. She is having a better quality life than me, cos her band is not as tight as mine. She's asked me to go back to the doc and have 1/2ml taken out, but at the mo, cos my weight is plateuing, Im not going to do that. I think its a catch 22 situation cos I cant eat, I end up comfort eating by having sweet deserts. So perhaps I will try 1 more time and see if I can control my sweet tooth and compansate with something not so high in calories.

So having the band fitted is only the 1st step, the rest is behavioural changes and Im struggling with this.

How about the rest of you bandster? Anyone in the same boat as me??? Any advise???