Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4 weeks out from my bypass surgery and I'm still only able to tolerate full liquids and puréed vegetables. Problem is I don't tolerate anything very well in the morning, everything makes

Me nauseated, after I've been up a couple hours I can tolerate fluids and the such ok. Is this normal, when can I expect to be able to tolerate solids. I've got my 1 month appt on the 18th and will ask the nut but I'd like other opinions as well

completely normal. I am 5 wks out and for that reason my doc has me on full liquids til 6 wks out. Its easy at this point to start dumping and pushing our pouch for stuff don't need yet. The only thing i have other than full liquids is i have a few crackers with my Soups and a teaspoon of Peanut Butter. Try backing off the vegies and concentrate more on letting your pouch accept the healing and good Soups. Also try something hot to drink in the morning, sometimes will soothe your pouch. I was never a Breakfast person and nothing has changed that. Enjoy not being hungry, this is our time to really lose this weight..

I second the hot/warm beverage first thing.

just to add, I am now 6 wks out and do not tolerate anything but Protein Drinks, crackers and bean dips, very little Soup feels right and if I try a soft texture it hurts, so your not alone, don't panic.... let your pouch get used to foods slowly.. some people have a doctor that introduce stuff quickly and that's ok, I just have a doc that is very slow. He gave me my 6wk post op diet yesterday.. it still only added dry cooked Beans, PB, peas (dry cooked), eggs, potatoes, and cheese, NOTHING else. LOL but like I said I cant even eat that.. so hang in there darling!!

I am nauseated in the mornings too. When I talked to the nurse she said that sometimes it can be from being dehydrated when you first wake up. She suggested drinking Water first and that has worked great. I'll usually drink a 16 oz bottle of Water the first 30-60 minutes I'm up, then I'm good for some Protein.

Kim

just to add, I am now 6 wks out and do not tolerate anything but Protein drinks, crackers and bean dips, very little Soup feels right and if I try a soft texture it hurts, so your not alone, don't panic.... let your pouch get used to foods slowly.. some people have a doctor that introduce stuff quickly and that's ok, I just have a doc that is very slow. He gave me my 6wk post op diet yesterday.. it still only added dry cooked Beans, PB, peas (dry cooked), eggs, potatoes, and cheese, NOTHING else. LOL but like I said I cant even eat that.. so hang in there darling!!

I'll be 6 weeks out Monday, and am having a awful time. Everything makes me dump. My surgeon suggested I go back to liquids as well. What kind of cracker do you eat? Saltines make me dump. Even if I only eat one! My pouch feels terrible! Eggs make me throw up, so I was told to stay away. Potatoes also make me dump. I'm sooo frustrated. I just want this awful feeling to go away. I'm loosing weight fast, but I'm miserable.

Talk to your dr about taking some Omeprazole (prevacid) I was always throwing up everything I ate and

couldn't eat things without it hurting. I started taking that and it was a miracle drug. Its not just for heartburn or acid reflux.

I have been on it for 6 weeks now and its like a life change.. I waited until I was13 weeks out to attempt to make myself feel better. I was miserable from the 3rd week when I started pureed food.

I would say you should visit your doctor and get some medications. I would also like to add that skimmed milk and low fat curd is very beneficial in ailments like the ones mentioned in the thread. If your doctor has not barred you from having these then I would suggest you to include in your diet.

I was nauseous every morning for about a month. Took nausea pills every day. I still keep them in my purse. It will get better

Thanks for the ideas! I'm seeing my doctor Thursday. I will ask about them. I can't function like this any more. I get light headed and dizzy. I can't wait just to not feel sick all the time. I'll keep you posted.