Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Peanut butter

I am too scared to try it!

I have a tablespoon every night for my snack. I have no problems at all.

Depends on what kind -- the all-natural nut butters are fine for me but PB that has fillers, sweeteners, etc. -- I'd be worried about getting gummed up with those. Meanwhile I can't have a jar of old fashioned in the house because it's a trigger food for me.

I love PB. I don't eat it often - usually a tbsp as a treat in a smoothie ever blue moon. I have never had any trouble when eating PB.

I'll have it with crackers sometimes...like to put a tablespoon in some of my smoothies...goes good with banana and/or chocolate.< /p>

As far as things going down......that is something different for everyone and something everyone has to find out for them selves...

I read here all the time what people are eating, like sushi(rice), and for myself could never eat it...opposite is true. I drink carbonated drinks, many here cannot....

It's often hard to go by what others can and cannot do....but everyone is a good example....

I couldn't eat it alone, but I can have it smeared on an apple slice or on a cracker.

PB2, while far from being Peanut Butter, is a better option for me because I can thin it out. This is what I use to dip my apple slices in. It kind of tastes like Peanut Butter, but isn't a trigger food for me 'cause it's not that good.

What do people mean it is a "trigger food"? Is it that they have trouble getting it down without sticking?

A trigger food is one that you have trouble stopping at a small amount because it taste so good. For me sweets, especially anything chocolate is my trigger food. I do eat a bite of Peanut Butter almost everday, today I made a smoothie with a frozen banana , a Tbls of pb, aTbls of cocoa mix and some almond milk. So good !!

I have Peanut Butter by the jar with my hot cocoa (1% milk, spenda, cocoa) DAILY! I gotta have it, but try to limit myself just just one and that is usually after I get home from work or the gym.

If you can't get it down don't eat it or loosing your band.

I was banded in 2007 and had it SLIPPED and repositioned yesterday so I MUST be more careful this time. I think my band was too tight; after looking back. Well, I started 'slimming' all the time and a quite a few times vomiting. Then I'd do liquids for a day or so hoping the food would pass but ended up draingin my band a few times because I couldn't pass liquids. If you cant drink liquids, tea, Water, milk you are in a bind. Have the band drained right away. Don't wait a week or two and have the band and you suffer.

You also need to change the way you think. I brain wash myself. When that cheeseburger comes on the tv, I change the channel and tell myself it's so gross and not healthy at all.

It is all worth it to loose 100 lbs and feel 30 years unger without alot of problems or meds.

This is serious stuff!!!! Good luck!

I grew fond of a small spoon of PB in a 1/2 yogurt as additional calories during mushie phase.

Adams is the most natural style I could find, nothing added....and it really does taste better.

I grew fond of a small spoon of PB in a 1/2 yogurt as additional calories during mushie phase.

Adams is the most natural style I could find, nothing added....and it really does taste better.

I do pb right from the jar a tbsp and it goes down smoothly but not very often.

My problem is finding different dishes with alot of Protein for breakasts...any receipes or suggestions?

Can't do even a little won't cooperate. I love Peanut Butter and this one made me cry not even bread upset me like this one

Edited by angiwantstolive