Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Met all requirements-waiting on Anthem BC/BS

I just got my clearance from the nutritionist today and the psych evaluation came in approving me as a candidate while I was at my appointment! So excited. My doctor said they would send RNY request letter to the insurance company, in the order they get to it. Should be this week yet. He went ahead and made an appointment for next month, but we are hoping the approval from insurance comes before that. Then they will cancel his appointment and schedule me with the surgeon. I had an endoscopy 12/25/13, so I won't have to redo that. They only require one week of liquid diet before surgery. Praying to get my surgery before April 13th, so I can use the end of my vacation before I lose it. Just had to share, I haven't told a lot of people or family. So not many I can tell! Thanks for being there.

​Much congratulations to you Jodie. I don't believe in luck, I believe in God. So I wish you many many blessings throughout both your surgery and your journey. I am 1 month out and have had some struggles but all in all it was the best decision of my life. You are in the right place for support. You are gonna do very well and be just fine.

God bless you Jodie :D :D

I just got my clearance from the nutritionist today and the psych evaluation came in approving me as a candidate while I was at my appointment! So excited. My doctor said they would send RNY request letter to the insurance company, in the order they get to it. Should be this week yet. He went ahead and made an appointment for next month, but we are hoping the approval from insurance comes before that. Then they will cancel his appointment and schedule me with the surgeon. I had an endoscopy 12/25/13, so I won't have to redo that. They only require one week of liquid diet before surgery. Praying to get my surgery before April 13th, so I can use the end of my vacation before I lose it. Just had to share, I haven't told a lot of people or family. So not many I can tell! Thanks for being there.

congrats Jodie!! Here's hoping for a quick approval.

Congrats Jodie, welcome to the club of those of us waiting on insurance approval.

I have Anthem BCBS as well. I still have the dietary consult and psych eval to be done March 4th and 5th and then submittal for approval. Anxious to see how long approval from them takes. Best wishes!!

When I talked to BCBS Friday of last week I was told they have ten business days to approve or deny. So at max 2 weeks from submittal and you should know.

Rearaes..that is great to know. I got a letter telling me when the doc office sent request the first time, but no letter so far this time. I will call them Monday. It will be 2 weeks Tuesday that I was cleared for the surgery from the NUT and Psych Eval...Hopefully soon. Thanks for the info.

Well, I called to check in with my Doctor's insurance girl today. She said she has been so backed up and they have been short handed, so she hasn't gotten to my file yet....it will be 2 weeks tomorrow. :( Anyway, she promised to pull it out of the pile and do it today. She said she would mail a letter to me also, so I have the date to keep track of. I guess it could be the middle of March before I hear. Bummer, I really wanted to get scheduled before the middle of April, so I can use the end of my vacation from last year.

That is great msfitn2014! Make sure to check back in...maybe we will be scheduled close to the same time.

I have anthem and it took the 4 days to approve. althought it took almost 3 weeks for dr to send finished file to them. Call the insurance company see if they have received it :)

Wooohooo got my approval today will have appt with dr on thursday and set my date