Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to prevent saggy breasts and skin after weightloss?

Do any of you post-up sleevers have ideas/tips/advice on how to firm up your skin while losing the weight? I know that Water and Protein are critical. What lotions and other Things should I keep in mind?

Also, I am very large chested, and have a bit of fear that the will sag really badly after losing my goal of 100lbs. Anything to do naturally along the way to help?

I really appreciate all the great advice you all are giving on this site. It's so informative and helpful. Thanks :-)

Do any of you post-up sleevers have ideas/tips/advice on how to firm up your skin while losing the weight? I know that Water and Protein are critical. What lotions and other Things should I keep in mind?

Also, I am very large chested, and have a bit of fear that the "girls" will sag really badly after losing my goal of 100lbs. Anything to do naturally along the way to help?

I really appreciate all the great advice you all are giving on this site. It's so informative and helpful. Thanks :-)

Edited by SleevesUp

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there's not really anything that you can do. Your skin is what it is. Age, genetics, years of obesity, weight lost and general health all play a factor in how your skin does. There's no way to know how yours will respond, either. You can exercise, which builds muscle and tone, and if your skin isn't too bad, it will help. If you have a lot of loose skin, it won't hurt, but likely will not make a big difference. I wouldn't worry though. Clothes hide a multitude of sins/skin, and for me, I'd rather be thin and saggy than fat and saggy/fluffy ;)

You might not prevent it all without some form of surgury but you can at least keep them supple. Take a look at some of these little bits and ends.

http://www.lifescript.com/diet-fitness/articles/b/boob_lift_or_bust_3_best_chest_exercises.aspx

This is an interesting read!

Don't forget to add collagen to your diet as well this is a very important protien for your skin. You might even be able to find it in shake or liquid forms too but this is a start. http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/reserveage-organics-collagen-booster-hyaluronic-acid-60-capsules/4r-1004#.UvllbrR5Fdw

Water and all the Proteins are so important for healthy skin. Also cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil for moisture is fantastic and it smells and tastes yummy too!

just wanted to point out coconut oil is actually not a good idea to put on your skin as that's used in a aide to aide elasticity like if your pregnant you use it to help your skin be supple and stretch easier its not a good tightener at all.

try a citrus oil instead.

just wanted to point out coconut oil is actually not a good idea to put on your skin as that's used in a aide to aide elasticity like if your pregnant you use it to help your skin be supple and stretch easier its not a good tightener at all.

Oh wow! I'm glad you posted that I have so much to learn thank you for the correction ♥ I'm looking up that stuff now lol!

Oh wow! I'm glad you posted that I have so much to learn thank you for the correction ♥ I'm looking up that stuff now lol!

I was using cocoa butter till a friend in the know told me no no sassy that's completely wrong try orange or lemon oil and maybe mix with a almond oil.

which I did as I could only find high concentrate citrus oil which isn't good for directly applying to the skin so the almond oil is the base oil you mix with the citrus.

if I recall you can use a linseed oil as a base too but I like the almond combo it smells really nice.

I actually got a couple of plastic sauce bottles off Amazon mixed them together and that was my body oil so I didn;t have to mix in a bowl or anything every time just shake it up and pour into my hands and work all over.

Edited by sassypants

Just bought seet almond oil and lemon oil. Excited to see if they work :-)

Ok, so this is painful and I don't even know if it will work but I'm going to try it. Some people swear by this.... Have you ever used a micro derma roller? It is suppose to stimulate collagen production. It's a roller with little needles on it. After using it you're suppose to apply almond oil.

It claims to remove scars, including acne scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, cellulite reduction, large pore reduction, hair loss restoration, hyper pigmentation treatment and stimulates collagen production.