Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Wow, the before and after pics are amazing, you girls rock! I shy'd away from pics when I was heavy, so I'll have to see if I can find something to share with you all. I'm so proud of all of us. We seem to be pretty in line and doing amazing. Please keep the motivation and spirits up! So much to be thankful and proud of. Love the comment that you are too thin to pass through! Gotta love it!

We rock!

Wow, Claire! What a difference! Maybe now you understand why I wouldn't have known you if it hadn't been for the yellow VW :) Love that purple dress - it has a waist and so do you!! You look amazing. Do you have any pictures of you at your heaviest (before Slimming World)? That must be the ultimate contrast. You should use that recent close-up as your thumbnail - great picture of a lovely person.

Yesterday I had a disaster - exactly what you're afraid of, Claire, suddenly happened to me. Apparently I got "dumping syndrome" and I did not quite make it back to the house in time :(

I didn't feel normal all day - anything I ate or drank made me feel instantly full. Just had some chicken Soup for dinner and went to a meeting. Felt a lot of rumbling and gas during the meeting and then began to feel hot & clammy. I left, got into my car and headed home - but I leaked on the way. (Sorry for the graphic description, ladies)

I have no idea what caused it - hadn't had any abnormal amounts of fat or sugar. I've only felt like that a couple of times and that was pretty early in my recovery. For the past few months I've been able to eat just about anything ( I do stick to the guidelines for eating but have no intolerance). Who knows? Just an event to put me in my place? Maybe if I feel like that again I'll wear some Tena/Depends when I go out :)

Non-Scale Advantage or Victory - I'll take them whatever people want to call them. This event must have been a NSD - non-scale disaster :)

Edited by JanetteH

I haven't been on in a while...but have been reading your posts...have to say that reading everyone's posts since having surgery in February has been a life saver...knowing we have all been going through the same issues and the same up an downs! The day of my surgery I weighed 234 pounds...today I weigh 158! (76 pounds lost that I hope to never find!))post-196554-14148994377075_thumb.jpg post-196554-14148994716835_thumb.jpg post-196554-14148995225566_thumb.jpg

Edited by esthor303

I accomplished my goal of running a 5k since starting this journey one year ago. My next goal is a 10k, then a half marathon and finally a full marathon. Not sure why my picture is sideways.. but this is after the race and I came in under 30 minutes.. this has been an amazing journey ! I am so grateful for all of the support..

post-215988-14149553190643_thumb.jpg

Esthor303.. you look amazing![/quote

Thank you!! You look pretty awesome yourself!!

Edited by esthor303

Does anyone in this group find that they're more hungry again? I feel that I am snacking too much and falling into the same trap...

Does anyone in this group find that they're more hungry again? I feel that I am snacking too much and falling into the same trap...

I am hungry and unfortunately nothing bothers me. I can eat anything. The Halloween candy was winning! ????

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6G76QLV

Post surgery feedback required for Australian student studying our surgeries.. Please share and take the survey :-) thanks

You are not supposed to cross post (post the same thing on multiple threads) according the the bariatric pal terms of use agreement and I see that you've posted this in at least 10 places. You are also hi-jacking these threads. Just letting you know.

Edited by docbree

I am hungry and unfortunately nothing bothers me. I can eat anything. The Halloween candy was winning! ????

I'm the same way now...I still can't eat too much at 1 sitting...but there isn't much I can't have anymore...and I seem to be eating more often

Hi,

What wonderful pictures Esthor and Daeanna. Congratulations!

Good point Janette, about the pictures before Slimming World. That would have been so much worse again. I will look, but I tried to avoid full length pictures for obvious reasons. I think you are right my face is different, but I had no idea how much that showed until I looked at the comparison. I am so sorry Janette about your bowel crisis. How dreadful, and as you say just what I am afraid of. If you weren't going straight home there would be no way to sort that out. Isn't it odd how reactions to foods etc can change and new symptoms emerge that we haven't had before. Very strange!

It is great to see all these pictures and discussions of non scale whatevers, you are right they are victories!

Take care

Claire

Hey All,

Haven't checked in in a while so I would pop in and say hi! All of you are doing incredibly amazing!! I had to change my profile pic to a before and after...and the after is from July...I have to update it again....but one of my most recent NSV/NSA was that I fit into a size 18 Calvin Klein dress for a wedding this past weekend!! When I first started my journey I was wearing a size 28! And I now have my very first piece of name brand clothing!! Never in my life did I think that this would happen for me. I still have about 60 pounds to go until I meet my goal, but since I am training for my very first half marathon in March of 2015, I'm hoping that it will melt right off.

Keep it up wonderful ladies!!

~*Samantha*~

I too find myself snacking more than usual as of late. I try to make sure if and when I do snack it's a Protein Bar or a cheese stick or something like that. I ate two Reese's Peanut Butter pumpkins out of our bowl, gave me a killer migraine! Still my fav though :)

Edited by millergirl314