Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Sammy, down 91 lbs, that is fantastic!!! Way to go!

Hi all,

I know its been a while since I have checked in...but wanted to say that everyone has been doing phenomenal!! I'm currently down 91 pounds and loving every minute of it. I started playing in a sand volleyball league and am looking into starting to play co-ed softball again....who woulda thunk it?!?

Keep up the great work all!!

~*Samantha*~

Well done Samantha, 91 pounds is absolutely wonderful. Is that all since surgery in February? That is such a lot to lose and your volleyball and softball sound great.

You must feel great,congratulations!

Take care

Claire

Way to go Sammy, you rock... Congratulations...

Tammy~

Thanks everyone!! I'm basing my weight loss on what I weighed at my inital appointment in December, 2013 with my surgeon. But, I'm proud of everything that I have been able to accomplish so far!! You all are such an inspiration to me and I'm so poroud of everything that you rock stars have accomplished as well!!

Let's keep it up losers!!

~*Samantha*~

Surgery date 2/18/14

257 down to 199 : )

Feel great!

Well done, so glad that you are feeling so great

Claire

Awesome job Blankita... I know how much better you feel and to be in onederland is great. I can't wait till I get there...

Congratulations Sammy and Blankita - you both are doing so well!

Has anyone else had random dumping syndrome? .. I'm not sure if I had it or something else was going on.. it was horrible to say the least.

On a happier note.. I set a goal to be in the 150's by my six month check up, and I have done it!!!.. so super excited I haven't seen this number in 22 years. I still have 40 more pounds that I want to lose.. (I'm only 5 foot ) but if my body doesn't want to reach that goal I will be very happy where ever I end up. I'm the healthiest I have been in a very long time and it feels good.

Congrats to each of you for taking this new journey to getting healthier.

post-215988-0-97686200-1407275492_thumb.png

[ATTACH]47071[/ATTACH]

ryn2bthin, GREAT job on making your goal!!! Happy 6 months. gone by pretty fast hasn't it? You look amazing.

I had my 6 mo c/u today and they were very pleased. I'm down almost 80lbs. I'm on my cycle so I think I was a little higher than normal today. It's all good though. My blood work all came back great too. I'm doing a 28 day detox/cleanse and that has got me motivated again. I'm only on day 5, but definitely making good choices!

Kimr

That's great!!.. I have my 6 month check up on the 19th. So far all of my lab work looks good with the exception of Vitamin A.. that lab test came back low, so I guess I wait to see what they say.

Can I ask why you are doing the detox? Was it something you wanted to do or did your Dr suggest it?

My doc did not suggest the detox. I'm just doing it for fun (if you can call it that). It's through Arbonne, if you are familiar with that line. Oh and I did give the nutritionist the details of it today and she was fine with it all.

Edited by kimr

Hi,

Deanna, you look fantastic, how great that is. What is random dumping syndrome, I would be interested to know?

Kim, I think you are very brave doing a detox as well as doing your normal eating thing. What are you actually doing with the detox?

Happy 6 month anniversary to us all. I can't believe that I have only known you all 6 months. We have been through such a lot together and we are all doing so well.

I hope that we all carry on keeping in touch for years to come. Issues are less immediate now but we are such a strong support system for each other and everyone is so nice.

Take care all of you.

Claire

Claire

My random dumping just hit me after a workout. I had my eggs for breakfast.. then went for a jog two hours later.. and then 2-3 hours after that is when it hit me. I didn't even get a chance to have lunch before I started feeling bad. I started getting the nausea, sweating, rapid heart rate and then the other end. That lasted a good hour.

I know my workout wasn't that intense. So I'm not sure if I had a delayed reaction to the eggs that caused it or it was something else.

My random dumping just hit me after a workout. I had my eggs for breakfast.. then went for a jog two hours later.. and then 2-3 hours after that is when it hit me. I didn't even get a chance to have lunch before I started feeling bad. I started getting the nausea, sweating, rapid heart rate and then the other end. That lasted a good hour.

I know my workout wasn't that intense. So I'm not sure if I had a delayed reaction to the eggs that caused it or it was something else.

Deanna - sure sounds like dumping syndrome - but with eggs? I though it was caused by fat and sugar. Hope it doesn't happen again :) Congrats on your loss and the fact that you were out jogging! I'm only walking (and not very fast) but I'm so thrilled that I can go much further than before - my dog's thrilled too :)

Kim - glad you checked out your cleanse with the nutritionist first - good luck - I have friends that do a 7 day cleanse occasionally but 28 days!! - wow - you're either very brave or crazy :)

I saw my PCP yesterday and he's really pleased with me - especially since I'm apparently still losing fairly consistently if slowly - I had lost 11 lbs since my last check-up in the "system" in June (my hospital is all computerized records so my docs etc all read each others reports). He said that around now (6 months) is when he sees some people falling back into bad habits - then they stop losing. Let's not join that group - stay motivated and eating well everyone. Happy 6 month anniversary!