Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Claire - sorry I don't have a gremlin - so I can sympathize but not empathize. I do get occasional & urgent diarrhea but it's not preceded by any extra growling (the growling and the gas are just constant factors in my life now 24/7) I occasionally get constipated too - my poor interior just doesn't know what "normal" is yet.

Heidi - I've stalled twice on my journey so far - once for over 4 weeks. I have 2 contradictory suggestions - the common denominator is make a small change. Last week I went back to weighing and measuring for a few days and found I was eating more than I had been 3 months ago - so I re-calibrated my eyes and this week I lost 3 pounds.

The time before that I did the opposite on the advice of my nutritionist - I actually increased my calories for a couple of days - including more good fats - avocado and olive oil. That seemed to work because it knocked my body out of "starvation mode".

Give one or the other a try - but no matter what you do, know that this will pass and you will continue to lose weight. My other piece of advice is don't weigh yourself more than once a week - daily weight fluctuations can be discouraging.

On the positive side, I see you're in ONEderland - I'm jealous - I haven't reached that yet and it's my next small goal. You're doing great - 52 pounds in 6 months is wonderful.

As Claire says, don't panic and for the love of Pete, stop taking diet pills - they won't help and might do harm.

Hi Janette,

Nice to see you on here just now, how is the weather? I know what you mean about gurgles and intestinal hurry. it is a constant feature isn't it! However my gremlin is worse that and on days when he is having a lie down in a darkened room all is much better. Diarrhoea can still pounce unexpectedly but eating is less difficult.

Well I have just revamped my ticker after your comment on Heidi's onederland status and realised that I am twopleased to be where I am. I will never be in onderland it just won't happen with the hormones etc but i started in the 4s and I have just tipped into the 2s yaaay!

Thought you would like to know...

Hope all is well

Claire

Congratulations Claire - that's fantastic!! You must be very proud of yourself - I'm proud of you. You've lost a whole small person! (132 pounds; nearly 9½ stone) WOW!

We both still have around 60 pounds to lose - I expect it to be slower now but with the encouragement of this group we'll make it. Just keep on keeping on.

I'm so glad I found this group - you have become my main support in losing, encourage me when I'm down, make good suggestions etc. Our local support group, run by the hospital isn't very good - some people boasting about how they got around the WLS to eat what they want! Not for me.

Congratulations and keep it up you loser :)

Congratulations Claire - that's fantastic!! You must be very proud of yourself - I'm proud of you. You've lost a whole small person! (132 pounds; nearly 9½ stone) WOW!

We both still have around 60 pounds to lose - I expect it to be slower now but with the encouragement of this group we'll make it. Just keep on keeping on.

I'm so glad I found this group - you have become my main support in losing, encourage me when I'm down, make good suggestions etc. Our local support group, run by the hospital isn't very good - some people boasting about how they got around the WLS to eat what they want! Not for me.

Congratulations and keep it up you loser :)

Hi Janette,

Yes I agree that this group is great. It feels in some ways more upbeat than my UK group. That group is also very supportive but a lot of people have difficult lives and real struggles and challenges. We keep in touch via Facebook inbetween the monthly groups which is nice and I will miss this month's group while i am away. I think our little group here is fun and supportive and I really enjoy it too. I think that people might be on here less and less as the surgery becomes more of a memory but I hope not because I think people on here are great. Either way I am sure that we will keep in touch.

It is interesting to think that although we will end up at different weights that we might have the same to lose. I think it is unlikely I will get down that far because that would be almost two thirds of my excess body weight on my surgery date. I need to take into account my weight loss before then to some extent as well as the hormonal/mobility issues from what the dietician has said. So although I was aiming for 16 and a half I think 18 and a half is more realistic but I have been warned that it could stop at just under 20. If that happened I wouldn't be 100% pleased, and that is only about another 16 pounds. However, I have lost a lot really so I am trying not to focus on the scales too much, and just focus on the fact that it is a heck of a difference. Fingers crossed though that I lose around another 35 pounds.

In chaos with my marking of assignments and trying to get it done before the end of Sunday but some only come in later today. Then off we fly. I will keep in touch with the students and mark the batch of assignments which come in while I am away, just not sure how I will do that and am absolutely sure that I won't want to!

Take care and enjoy Scotland, keep in touch

Claire

Has anyone experienced a visible pulsing in your stomach area after eating? It doesn't happen all the time but at least 3-4 times a week.

Hey all,

Figured I would check in with everyone since I haven't been on in a while. Just got caught up with everyone's stories and I'm so proud of all of you!! Everyone seems to be doing so well!!

Occasionally, my stomach tends to make the mating sounds of its people....which I think is so loud and obnoxious, but my co-workers just laugh at me and say that they don't hear anything...I don't know if they are just trying to appease me, or what...but I know my new tummy is loud! I don't have the issues with the urge to have diarrhea though. I've had more issues with Constipation than anything, but I think I have finally gotten myself on a good regimen to keep me going.

I'm heading in for my 6 month f/u next Monday...I'm hoping and praying that I can lose one more pound by then to have lost 100 pounds in 6 months!! I can't even fathom how I accomplished that small task....but I'm so glad that I did!! Y'all are totally an inspiration to me!

Let's keep it up losers!!

Take care all,

Samantha

6 month check up..

All lab results look great with the exception of Vitamin A.. so now I need to take 8000 mcg of Vitamin A for a month then I can stop and get lab test drawn again at one year. Small price to pay for getting a healthier me.

I also was given my goal weight which is 115-120 lbs. I only need to lose 33 more pounds.

My only real concern was she wanted me to try and work out 7 days a week vs. The 5 days that I already workout. I think I can, I think I can..lol

Oh on a side note...

The pulsing in my stomach she said was me starting to feel things that I haven't felt in years.. could be true but I think I will follow up with my primary doctor just to be sure.

Each of you have been amazing support. I hope everyone keeps in touch as we get closer to our goal weights and the real struggles with maintaining becomes our focus.

Best wishes!

Deanna

Finally made it to onederland today. I'm almost 6 months out - I can't believe how time has flown. I still struggle everyday with my food choices. Somedays I make better choices than others, but it's great to have this community to turn to for inspiration.

Hi,

Well done Sarah, Samantha and Deanna. Everyone is doing so well, as Deanna says we must sty in touch.

Take care all of you

Claire

Hellooo...Everyone is doing so well congratulations!!! I am now 6 months post op and I am at a stall and I have been for a while now and I am not sure how to drop more weight, I know I am still losing inches because I can see the difference in my clothing, but I am getting a little concerned its been over 2 weeks since I have lost anything.

HW 459

SW 434

CW 340 :(

Hellooo...Everyone is doing so well congratulations!!! I am now 6 months post op and I am at a stall and I have been for a while now and I am not sure how to drop more weight, I know I am still losing inches because I can see the difference in my clothing, but I am getting a little concerned its been over 2 weeks since I have lost anything.

HW 459

SW 434

CW 340 :(

I wouldn't get worried as long as you are losing inches. Your body is just trying to catch up with the weight loss. I had a stall for 2 weeks, but I was not losing inches. It will start again be patient. I know it's frustrating not seeing a change on the scale. You're doing great!

Thanks I surely hope so. I guess I was hoping to lose more than what I have. I was wanting to be at 300lbs or less by now.

oh my goodness, so proud of all of you!!! And jealous of those in the onederlands. I'm still 15lbs away from that. Everyone has done such an amazing job and should be so proud of themselves, I certainly am of all of you.

Delliflower, you have lost 94lbs in 6 months! Be happy and Celebrate your success. You'll keep at it, just be patient.