Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

bran, you look so great!

Miller you too!

Tammy, sorry about the carb craving. Did you have any recently? I find the cravings go away if I don't have any, and if I don't drink.

don't drink alcohol.

My boobs are shrunken sweat socks.

My boobs are flappy.

Not only did I breastfed 3 children (4 years of breastfeeding) but I've lost and gained so many times. They are just deflated and sad.

Thank god for push up bras.

Thank god for push up bra bikinis.

Kimr, yes I did cave and have some carbs. I'm hoping that getting back on track with upping my Protein will take care of it. No alcohol for me though, I gave that and cigs up in 93...just too much partying and I decided to change my lifestyle and gave it up. Strangely I didn't gain any weight, I stayed about 135 for years then in my mid 40's I began to pack on the pounds... I'm not going to freak out yet even though I gained 2lbs, I'll just keep plugging along and hope things go back to normal. Whatever that is. :-)

Hi,

Bran and Miller you look great and it is good to see you on here.

Tammy, the carbs issue is interesting isn't it. Hopefully it will go away again. You never know there could be some hormonal link as Erin suggests, despite being way past that. I am having the odd hot flush which is new and strange because my hormones are in such a state, and have been all my life. So I am waiting to see what happens next...

The boobs issue I also have, and they were very small in the first place. Push up bras are everything, they look good on the outside and only we know there is nothing (or very little) in there! Someone in my bariatric group got wolf whistled by 3 men for the first time in years and she found it really funny because she thought what a shock they would get if she flashed her flappy non existent boobs at them.

Take care all of you

Claire

Hi guys! I have to share my NSV with you:

I no longer can shop in the women's/plus size clothing section, it's all too big! Sleeved on 2/24/14, I feel awesome. I'm 212lb as of yesterday, down from 278! Just wish my boobs would stop shrinking already!

Congratulations millergirl - I'm jealous! :) I'm down to 216 from 285 but I still wear plus size clothing - I carry most of my weight around my belly so I'm still an apple - a smaller apple, but an apple! Regular skirts and pants still won't fit :(

Wow. Here I am. It's hard to believe it when I see it. Bikini time!

20 pounds and I will be at 140. That is a healthy weight for me. My dream goal weight is 120 but 140 would be Amazing too.

My friend and I have started riding bikes together. Except she lives in NJ and I am in FL. We made a game on snapchat. It is a scavenger hunt where we ride all over our respective towns and look for people or items on our list and take a pic and send it to the other. It is a fun way to stay accountable. If you guys want to play, let me know. I'll post the list and you guys can post your bike ride or walk pics.

post-95757-0-19363900-1406224328_thumb.jpg

Wow. Here I am. It's hard to believe it when I see it. Bikini time!

20 pounds and I will be at 140. That is a healthy weight for me. My dream goal weight is 120 but 140 would be Amazing too.

My friend and I have started riding bikes together. Except she lives in NJ and I am in FL. We made a game on snapchat. It is a scavenger hunt where we ride all over our respective towns and look for people or items on our list and take a pic and send it to the other. It is a fun way to stay accountable. If you guys want to play, let me know. I'll post the list and you guys can post your bike ride or walk pics.

My goodness Erin, look at you!!!Amazing. My weight loss has slowed considerably but the inches are looking ok. I don't want to stop losing at this point, that would be disappointing but I have been warned that I won't lose what others do. Just had a fantastic week away in Italy and didn't do anything dreadful eating wise but that might have made some difference.

Take care and well done!!!

Claire

Congratulations PrincessErin - you look fantastic! I haven't crossed the 200 lb mark yet but I'm getting there slowly - about 1-2 lbs a week now. I have inherited a couple of swimsuits but I don't think I'll be wearing a bikini without plastic surgery!

Glad you had a good time in Italy, Claire - get ready for the USA now! You'll have to watch out for that good southern home cooking - fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, peach pie, sweet potato pie and sweet tea! Perfect "dumping" food :)

Erin, you look fabulous!!! So happy for you. Like Janette, I don't think I'll be wearing a bikini w/out plastic surgery!

Claire, glad you had a nice time in Italy. You are such the traveler! How are you about to get so much time off from work? Like you, my weight loss has slowed way down. I've started back up at the gym and hope that will get me going again.

post-147877-0-54870000-1406466591_thumb.jpg

I don't really have any before pics. I tried to avoid any photo shots. Down 72.8 pounds. I consider myself a slow looser since I've been on a 3 week stall.

We are back in the States after a wonderful vacation.. Europe is beautiful..but that time change really gets to you the first few days.

The good news is that I managed to lose 2 lbs!.. I'm not sure how that happened but I was very pleased to see that I didn't gain.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hello to you all,

I am glad that you had a good time in Europe, Deanna. As you say the time difference and the jet lag is not easy, particularly flying east I find. Coming back from Hawaii takes weeks to rally feel that you are back in the time zone.

Tammy, you look really good. Slow and steady wins the race and we can't all lose as fast as others, and some of us have further to go. It is just wonderful seeing each others successes and celebrating those.

Kim, yes I think that having future surgery will be necessary for me too, although I would rather avoid it, all things being equal. It is unavoidable I think.

As for my time off work I resigned from my really full on role in the Fall last year and would not have been able to cope with the post o symptoms since then if I had still been there. We do have more Annual Leave time over here than you do though and I have always been able to take about 5 weeks at least and 7 weeks including Bank Holidays most of the time. However I am still really busy teaching but a lot of it is on line. That meant that I didn't take any sick leave following my surgery and I can't really take any time as holiday without working but I can work from anywhere for a lot of the time. So on our trip to the South I will carry on working and will have a large glut of marking. That will be really difficult to cope with while traveling around all the time so we will see how that works out.

Janette, I am not really very keen on those sweet sorts of foods and I don't seem to really dump (well not yet anyway). What will be lovely is trying the BBQ foods and some of the savoury stuff. With small amounts I am sure that will be fine...

Take care all of you.

Claire

Hi all,

I know its been a while since I have checked in...but wanted to say that everyone has been doing phenomenal!! I'm currently down 91 pounds and loving every minute of it. I started playing in a sand volleyball league and am looking into starting to play co-ed softball again....who woulda thunk it?!?

Keep up the great work all!!

~*Samantha*~