Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Hiya,

I have never come across this in the States, and we go to various places very frequently. We have never come across it on the East or West coasts or Hawaii. So thanks for enlightening me. Do you think that fish generally will be a problem, or was it in the way it was prepared? I tried prawn chowder the other day, and although it felt too early because it was a bit thick it didn't upset me. I hope that bodes well for seafood, and hopefully fish in the future. I hope that you haven't discovered a new allergy/intolerance, and if you have I hope that it is in the preparation and does not transfer over to other fish and seafood.

That would be a real pain!

Thanks for letting me know and I hope that everything else is going ok.

Claire

Tkauhi, do you think maybe the talapia was too dry? I am scared now, I love Talapia and was planning on making it a big part of my diet. I'm 2 days behind you so my soft foods beging friday although I did try a little tuna last night and it went ok.

I go for my first checkup today and I'm really excited to have that first official weigh in at the doctors.

I really think it was too dry. I'm going to try tuna tomorrow and see how it goes.

Claire, I lived in Hawaii for 10 years and never heard of tilapia until I had it here in Kansas at a Mexican restaurant. They did more of a steamed fish whereas yesterday was grilled and blackened. I'm sure it was just dry.

Rickie, let us know how your first checkup goes.

My NUT suggested Talapia too, but said to cook it wrapped in tin foil and in the oven to maintain the most moisture as possible. She said BBQ dries it out. I'm not a fish person, so won't be trying it, but thought I'd pass that along.

Claire, what is slimming world?

shoot must run, bbl

Hi,

Well I am glad that it is only because it was too dry Tkauhi. I tried lobster Soup tonight too and am aiming for Hawaiian crabcakes by when we go in May so that is looking good.

Kim, Slimming World has a few branches in the US but a lot of branches here in the UK. I have been going for almost 4 years and tonight I lost 22lbs in 2 weeks ( the op was last Tues) ! It is a very healthy eating plan with no limits on fruit etc and you are never hungry and can always have something more if you are. It works very well, but I was plateauing and slowly gaining again despite my best efforts because of my hormonal problems. I will carry on eating according to those principles once I am able to again. They have been so supportive of my Bypass as well.

Hope all is going well with everyone

Claire

Sparkykrause, I did experience that pain in the beginning, right below my belly button. I think it is the nerves that are cut as part of surgery that need to re-heal. I remember searching it on here and others had experienced it too. Only lasted a few days for me, so hopefully for you too.

Janiestine, I'm sorry you are in so much pain, but I love your stay positive attitude! I'm so looking forward to your recipes!!!

Claire, I'm glad you are stepping back a bit and focusing on the fluids. Sounds like that is what your body is preferring. When do you go for a post-op so you can talk to a NUT?

Erin, don't be discouraged! 12lbs is fantastic. One thing you have to consider is that you are a lower BMI and you lose slower than those with a higher one.

Yesterday was a weird one for me. I puked a little Water after drinking too much. I wasn't trying to, but a medicine got stuck and I needed more Water to get down. It's like the excess water had no where to go so up it came. I then had some diarrhea too. sorry tmi. I'm getting more energy back in the day, but I still sleep a lot at night!

kdidn and believieinnikki, hope you both are doing ok!

Thanks so much for asking about me. I doing fine I'm just going through the no eating. It is hard for me to eat and when I do try it hurt. Cannot wait till this pass

Was wondering if anyone else felt like they are constantly eating and drinking?

Like I'm not even getting enough fluids in and I feel like I'm eating and especially drinking a TON.

I'm more worried of getting to much of something than not enough. I think it might be mental and just not wanting to set myself up to old habits.

I hope I'm not alone in these feelings!

Hi,

Nikki, it is soo hard to eat isn't it! I can't manage pureed foods, although I have tried, and I am not good with milky/yogurty things either. Soups work well as do warm chocolate Protein drinks or frozen choc Protein. Anything else is beyond me.It doesn't hurt though, like it does for you.

Zom, I know i is a constant process of drinking or eating when you really don't want to. I am more worried about getting enough protein and fluids than having too much but I think I am doing ok. I spoke to my NUT yesterday and thought I would get told off but she was ok about it all and just said step up the textured food as soon as I could. So it doesn't sound as if you are setting up bad habits at all, far from it, but what do I know!

Claire

Has anyone tried the Premier Protein shakes? They're premixed shakes with 30 grams of Protein and taste awesome. My doctor prescribed these for me and I only need 2 per day along with whatever food protein I can get down to reach my daily protein goals.

I tried them a long time ago. they are pretty good and very convenient. I think I need to pick up some.

I gained weight this morning. Not a lot, but still super bummed to see the scale go up!!!! WTF

Tkauhi, The check-up went well I got in a little trouble as I had pulled a stitch, and I am a little dehydrated. I'm not sure how I got dehydrated as drinking has been a full time job. I guess I'll just have to try harder.

I am exceeding the Protein goal of 40 so I was ok there. Now I have to shoot for 74 grams of Protein. I love the premier Protein shakes, with 30 grams of protein I am sure I'll meet that goal too.

I also got lectured about trying to rush things, I wasn't supposed to be eating fruits yet. All in all it was a good check-up :)

Hi my wonderful beautiful people,,

Thank you for all the kind words; they truly help me stay positive. So pain has subsided immensely!! I had my 1 week post op appointment and everything went great.

HW 340

SW 317

CW 301

GW 160-170

I'm so happy and ready to eat some eggs, lol!

So my first recipe for you guys is Salmon Croquettes; my nut said we can't eat this until our 4th week out but I'm anxiously waiting to share.

2-8oz cans of salmon (cleaned of skin, fats, and bones

1/4 cup fresh spinach chopped

1/2 red pepper chopped finely

1/2 green pepper " "

1/2 yellow pepper " "

1/2 onion " "

2 small banana peppers ""

1 whole egg

Garlic, salt, and pepper seasoning to taste

2 tablespoons of Choloula hot sauce

bread crumbs

I can't believe it's not butter spray

In a large bowl mix the salmon and seasonings together. In a skillet spray the can with one squirt of I can't believe it's not butter and add all the peppers, onions, spinach and sauté until tender. Once tender add vegetables to the salmon mix. Add the egg, hot sauce, and bread crumbs ( as desired) and begin to mix the mixture with hands or a spoon until it is completely mixed. Make patties ( it should be enough bread crumbs in mix to hold the patties together). The same skillet you used for your veggies squirt a couple of sprays of butter and add your patties to the skillet. Cool until golden brown on both sides. If you prefer to bake them; put them in the oven at 375 degrees and bake for 10-12 mins on each side!! Bona petite!!!!

Let me know what you think!!!

Hi my wonderful beautiful people,,

Thank you for all the kind words; they truly help me stay positive. So pain has subsided immensely!! I had my 1 week post op appointment and everything went great.

HW 340

SW 317

CW 301

GW 160-170

I'm so happy and ready to eat some eggs, lol!

So my first recipe for you guys is Salmon Croquettes; my nut said we can't eat this until our 4th week out but I'm anxiously waiting to share.

2-8oz cans of salmon (cleaned of skin, fats, and bones

1/4 cup fresh spinach chopped

1/2 red pepper chopped finely

1/2 green pepper " "

1/2 yellow pepper " "

1/2 onion " "

2 small banana peppers ""

1 whole egg

Garlic, salt, and pepper seasoning to taste

2 tablespoons of Choloula hot sauce

bread crumbs

I can't believe it's not butter spray

In a large bowl mix the salmon and seasonings together. In a skillet spray the can with one squirt of I can't believe it's not butter and add all the peppers, onions, spinach and sauté until tender. Once tender add vegetables to the salmon mix. Add the egg, hot sauce, and bread crumbs ( as desired) and begin to mix the mixture with hands or a spoon until it is completely mixed. Make patties ( it should be enough bread crumbs in mix to hold the patties together). The same skillet you used for your veggies squirt a couple of sprays of butter and add your patties to the skillet. Cool until golden brown on both sides. If you prefer to bake them; put them in the oven at 375 degrees and bake for 10-12 mins on each side!! Bona petite!!!!

Let me know what you think!!!

This sounds great Janie, I will try them in due course, once I get that far!Things sound like they are going really well. I was the same day as you and I am not managing purees yet, but am meant to be on my regime. Soups and smoothies are going ok and I am also using Protein shakes to increase my Protein, though again these are not normally used by my nutritionist. I am focusing on protein and fluids at the moment. Glad your pain is subsiding, mine was fine really from the start, so I am lucky really.

Take care and thanks for the update and the recipe

Claire

Hey guys do any of you have to take a shot for 14 days called lovanox or something like that lol