Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No weight loss

I had the lab band procedure done on 11-8-13 and I've only lost 5/10 lbs (depending on the day). I usually eat scrambled eggs or Cheerios for Breakfast and a salad of some sort for lunch. dinner hmmm not usually hungry for dinner so I will either skip it or have light Soup. I know I need to eat 3 meals plus 2 Snacks but I can't eat that much, I've tried and did nothing but puke all night. I've had 2 fills already going for my third this week. I need some advice.. Please help. I'm starting to think I wasted my time and money with this procedure..

Forgot to mention I have severe food allergies, most raw fruits and green vegetables, which doesn't help my situation...

You really should address this question with your doctor. From my own experience, I did not loose weight right away, in fact, I did gain after the band was placed. My guess is it takes time for our bodies to heal and adjust. While that is happening, it's important to learn new behaviors. My first thought is try eating your Protein portion first, then if you have room, vegetables. For me, I find if I don't eat protein , I don't loose. Look at the daily food successful banders eat. CG shows everyone how she makes her chicken salad, green Beans and carrots for her work lunch. I find if I start my day off with a protein smoothie/ shake, my next meal is a solid piece of fish,chicken, or beef.

A cup of Soup, yogurt.. Keeping protein first in my mind. I am thankful for all the people who have helped me along the way on this board. I hope you find the same support. Try to think positive about your new tool, get it adjusted properly, and do your part to make it work for you. Only you can hold yourself accountable for what you put in your mouth. Good luck!

This may sound harsh, but I'm going to address your concerns honestly, based on my success and what this whole process has taught me: You need to see your nutritionist right away. I think you are likely making some poor food choices and that is why you aren't seeing much weight loss. Are you staying away from carbs? Sounds like you need more Protein. Cheerios are not a good bet for Breakfast. Keep the eggs, but try maybe yogurt, kefir, or some other Protein instead of any Cereal. It is important for your metabolism to keep eating. Why are you getting more fills if you can't eat that much already? You should be able to eat 1/4-1/2c food at a meal. Any less and you may be too tight. You shouldn't be in any pain or nausea. Maybe you should add in a Protein shake here or there to keep your metabolism up. Snacks aren't vital, but at least 3 meals are. And, are you exercising or at least walking? It is vital too. I don't think your food allergies should hinder your success, since you need to concentrate on the protein. But all in all, like I said, you need to see your nutritionist asap, and s/he can help you build a food plan that will work. It WILL WORK! Good luck!!

Sounds like you're eating a very small quantity of food. What about exercising? I found that daily exercise has revamped my metabolism. I don't know..... Just a thought.

More solids. Cheerios have liquid which makes them slide down to easy. Soup is a slider too. Eat solid food that you have to chew for a while. More Protein.

Some sort of exercise, even if it's just walking around the block.

Best wishes!

When you say puking, do you mean hurling/vomiting from your lower stomach or do you mean PBing?

My nutritionist wasn't happy when i told her i was eating cheerios. Ive since switched to

kashi go-lean crunch and special K's high Protein which really holds me, especially the kashi. As for lunch i like to eat egg, chicken or tuna salad. I make my own with a little light mayo...one can of tuna or one can of swanson chicken or 2 hard boiled eggs makes a half cup of food with some crackers...and its a lot of Protein and filling.

Im no doctor or nutritionist but could your body be holding on to what you're consuming because you are eating so little that it thinks you are not getting enough ...just a thought.

Im agreeing with the others, please call your doc/nutritionist to help you!!

Good luck and let us know how you make out!!!!!

I agree with the others. you mght be making poor food choices. You don't sound like you are getting much Protein. You do need to discuss with a nutritionist your eating problems. I think that you might need to skip teh next fill until you can work thru your eating menu. Best wishes, karen..aka..kll724

I don't see a lot of Protein in your diet and Cereal will not help you lose weight. Regardless if you are hungry or not you will not lose weight if you don't fuel your body. You will also end up malnutritioned and Vitamin deficient. I know a lot of people do not have hunger but if you are not eating every 4 to 5 hours then you are going to end up in problems. Your Protein intake should be at least 70 to 90 a day and if you are not even getting in 50 you will not lose weight. Fat disappears when you eat protein because it has no choice but to burn the fat. At the rate you are going no only will you not lose weight but you will end up with just another eating disorder. Call your nutritionist and make and appointment. You are headed in a very wrong direction.

I suspect you aren't eating enough & your body has 'gone into starvation/hibernation' mode - it's hanging on to the fat/energy that it has stored. Eating less does not necessarily guarantee weight loss. Sometimes we have to eat more to lose weight. I don't think you are eating enough & should not be considering another fill because of this. Just my opinion...

Thanks everyone for all the responses!! This is a good app, great to know I can have support from fellow banders.. I talked to my nutritionist and Steph2012 you are spot on.. Her suggestion was to get the fill and restart from day 1 post-op and see what happens..wish me luck!