Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found this online and though it was an excellent sample of planning menus after surgery. I've never been good with planning meals so I really like the sample planned menus (for dummies) like myself and wanted to share.

http://www.regionalhealth.com/documents/Bariatrics/bariatric-stages-sample-meal-plans.pdf

I found this online and though it was an excellent sample of planning menus after surgery. I've never been good with planning meals so I really like the sample planned menus (for dummies) like myself and wanted to share.

http://www.regionalhealth.com/documents/Bariatrics/bariatric-stages-sample-meal-plans.pdf

This is FANTASTIC!!! No wonder my metabolism is DEAD ... I need to eat more than 3 times a day! Thanks so much for sharing this!

I found this online and though it was an excellent sample of planning menus after surgery. I've never been good with planning meals so I really like the sample planned menus (for dummies) like myself and wanted to share. http://www.regionalhealth.com/documents/Bariatrics/bariatric-stages-sample-meal-plans.pdf

Wow, I wonder what time frames those stages are. I am 10 weeks out almost and no way could I eat the amounts on that solid food stage!

Jess, I've done a LOT of research and from what I can tell, the rangers differ. For instance, I've seen the clear liquid diet ranging from one day to one week. With my doctor, it was one week, the full liquid was one week, then puree foods was one week and full food was at 4 weeks. i agree though about the amount of food but it's good to know that that amount is "safe" and still in the "losing" zone.

Thanks for sharing I love the guidelines included here. And as previously stated each team advances differently but this a great guide.

I always find it so interesting to see how different doctors manage their program for their patients and what food they say should be eaten both pre and post op. I've had experience with 3 different surgeons now ( the one who placed my lapland in 2009, the one who was going to remove and convert my band last fall, but my insurance was cancelled so I had to postpone, and the one I hope will now be doing my surgery in the next month or so under my new insurance). Each one has different guidelines... My dr now would never allow all the crackers and bread type products in these menu's. my first dr. would have. These menus are great though in helping to plan. I'll print them out and use them for reference.

Jess, I've done a LOT of research and from what I can tell, the rangers differ. For instance, I've seen the clear liquid diet ranging from one day to one week. With my doctor, it was one week, the full liquid was one week, then puree foods was one week and full food was at 4 weeks. i agree though about the amount of food but it's good to know that that amount is "safe" and still in the "losing" zone.

I am 11 weeks out and still couldn't eat anywhere near what they have on that full foods stage! Most of the foods, yes, but the amounts no way, LOL

Oh yes, that's true. I managed 1/2 cup of chilli yesterday and paid for it. Today, I could only manage about 1/4 cup. I think those are the amounts that we CAN have after 4 weeks but not necessarily WILL be able to consume AT 4/5/7,etc weeks.