Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers

Hi Friends,

i didnt find a thread for Jan Sleevers so thought of starting one. the first month of the year was a life changing month for me and this time the resolution to lose weight is not broken because of my Sleeve :) I got myself Sleeved on 22nd Jan 2014.

I was fine to walk from Post Op care to my hosptial room on the same day and had severe nausea the second day.. by 3rd day i was all fine without any problems and started getting bored at hosptial :)..

I am walking 20 to 30 mins everyday from day 5.. i had stall from almost 10th day till today which i think is because of my menstrual cycle and hope after this the scale start moving.. so far have lost 14 pounds including preop diet..

I am already in soft diet and having head hunger issues but have managed to be under 800 calories soo far..

Jan sleevers please share how is it going with you all? how are you managing head hunger if you have it?

Hello, I am 12 days post op and feel awful. The day of surgery I think was my best day because I didn't feel much pain I was able to get up right away and walk, I felt a little week, and sore but that was all. Day to in the hospital after my upper GI study I tried to start the liquids and that's when it started going down hill. I have the worst reflux I have ever had. Anything that touched my stomach, hot, cold, warm, made me gag, my stomach spasm and severely cramp, and heave and kicked up my stomach acid so bad that it burn all the way up my esophagus to the back of my mouth. I am on reflux meds and it was still so bad that I was prescribed what is called a white slider (a mix of mom and lidocane) just in order to take a sip. I had to go home with this script it helps but I have to be very careful because every thing gets numb after I take this and its hard to judge if I have taken in to much Fluid at one time. I can drink more than 2-3oz an hour. Every sip I take feels like I'm swallowing a baseball slowly. I'm very frustrated and depressed I can seem to get any type of satisfaction to quench my thirst. I'm having more pain and feel just week! TODAY ALL I CAN DO IS CRY!

Hi dear, my hugs to you..dnt worry it gets better even I cried my heart out when I had al dat surgical pain, head hunger , nausea but take my word its temprory jus goes away and u cant remember n wat u went through.. Its gets smal in front of emotional battle we wud hav gone through frm years. As the saying goes " when going gets tough, tough gets going".. My doc says we should try to be active in such a way dat our body gets confusd n heal faster as though nothing major is changd,

Hi dear, my hugs to you..dnt worry it gets better even I cried my heart out when I had al dat surgical pain, head hunger , nausea but take my word its temprory jus goes away and u cant remember n wat u went through.. Its gets smal in front of emotional battle we wud hav gone through frm years. As the saying goes " when going gets tough, tough gets going".. My doc says we should try to be active in such a way dat our body gets confusd n heal faster as though nothing major is changd,

Hi! I had my sleeve done on January 21, 2014. I really havent had any problems, except I seem to be tired all the time. I am on the pureed stage of the food. I hate it, lol. It pretty hard to get all the Protein in, I keep thinking that part of it will get better. I went out before the surgery and got all the things I was supposed to get. Now, just the smell of the whey Protein and I gag. Are you having that same problem? I drink alot of Water, and I was never a water drinker before this. I try to walk at least 30 minutes a day, some days I am only getting in 20 but its better than nothing. Your right about the head hunger thing. My head tells me I am hungry but my stomach says, You put something in me and I will puke it out, lol. I would do this again in a heartbeat but its not easy all the time.

I had my sleeve on January 16th. Feelingdownbutdetermined, it gets better. I have lost 25 pounds. Have you mentioned this to your doctor? Having difficulty swallowing Water is a bit concerning. Keep us posted and wishing that things get better for you soon!!

I had my sleeve done on Jan. 28th. A few days ago I was going crazy and thinking of food. I craved just a bite of something! Anything! My doctor wants me on full liquids another 10 days- and I'm not sure how I'm gonna make it. I did take a tiny bite of cottage cheese yesterday- but it didn't taste good. I'm sick a sweet flavors too, so quit drinking Crystal light and all that- I'd rather have no flavor than sweet.

I am getting in 60 grams of Protein thanks to Premier Protein drinks, they taste okay. I drink a 1/4 of the bottle at a time, thru the day. 1/4 AM , then 1/4 at 11:00 AM or so, 2:00PM and then the last 1/4 around 8:00 PM. Other than that I'm drinking Water and maybe having 1/4 cup of strained broccoli and cheese Soup 98% fat free. I'm trying to physc myself out and tell myself I'm on a temporary liquid diet. Like when I've done slim fast, etc... In the past. I'd rather have NO food that tiny bits of stuff that don't please me.

1 week only clear liquid, now two weeks full liquid (98% fat free strained soup) and Protein Drinks on top of the clear diet. Another 10 days (3 weeks post op) till I can have mushy food- does not include lunch meat, etc... For two more weeks! I'm tempted to eat what others say they eat 2 weeks out, but an scared I'll screw something up and end up in the hospital. That thought keeps me on the straight and narrow.

So, as bad as it all is- it is somewhat temporary. This morning I weighed and from Jan.17 to surgery I lost 6 lbs. then from surgery to today ( 12 days) I'm down 20.3 lbs. total sine Jan 17th and as long as I see some results- I can deal with the head hunger. No real regrets- bit looking forward to a bite of normal food. Till then will do Premier Protein and just stay on a liquid diet- and screw any attempts at food till I can eat what I want after healing.

I had my surgery on January 15 I was ready

To go home the next day. I was up an walking around 4 hours after surgery. 2nd day I had no nausea an was home in day 3. Took week an half off of work an now tomorrow I am starting my work out plan. As far as food I am starting soft foods this week. I have not had any hunger which is a good thing bad thing is I am not taking in the proper Protein or calories. Oh by the way down 47lbs since jan 3. Started at 345 an today I am under the 300 mark!!!!

I was sleeved on January 14th. Weighed myself for the first time last Monday and was down 25 lbs. I don't regret my decision but can't say it's been easy. I have my moments or sometimes days when my stomach and my brain are out of sync and in constant battle over food and eating. Then there are days when I can't even believe I had the surgery. The first few weeks my stomach made all sorts of noises that are starting to quiet down a bit now that I'm eating more regular foods. I've felt down and I've felt amazingly good. I just keep trying to remind myself this is and was always about my health. During the harder moments I read postings here or go for a walk.

I had my surgery on 1/23/14, so far I'm doing great, only had nausea once, and I have over eaten on 2 occasions because I tried to eyeball my food (big no no). I've lost 14 pounds so far I'm in the puree stage. I'm never hungry but I try to eat at least 5 times a day. I have had some issues with Protein Shakes so I stopped taking then, hopefully I will restart once I can have regular foods so I can eat Protein Bars instead. I have also dealt with some mild depression, which I think has been the worst part of it all. Good luck to all of you!!! :)

Edited by sunkissed