Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starr Jones-Reynolds

Please God let a bunch of people be talking about how I have gotten too thin a couple years from now

I think she looked better a little chunkier - that is my opinion. She however has the right to do whatever she wants - it is her life and she needs to feel comfortable in her skin.

I don't think stating the opinion that she looked better with about 20 more pounds on her is somehow being unsupportive of weight loss surgery or weight loss in general.

and opinions are like bumholes, everyone has them and they dont smell pretty.

I thought this forum, as well as this entire board was for WLS support.

I thought this forum, as well as this entire board was for WLS support.
It is, but you don't see us supporting anorexics (if we had them here) by saying, "You look so great now that you've lost weight!" You can support a person's need to be healthy without thinking that they look wonderful. To me, pretending that a person looks wonderful when they really don't isn't supportive at all. I'm all for calling a spade a spade. Star looks much better than she did when she was at her heaviest, and I'm sure she's much healthier. That doesn't mean we can't think that she would look better (and to me, healthier) with a few more pounds on her.

Personally, I hope like hell that someone would be kind enough to point out to me when I don't look my best, especially when it is something that I could change.

And really, I thought it was widely accepted that many RNY patients really don't look that great, or that healthy. In many cases, they have sallow skin, they look ill, and they get cracked hair, skin, and teeth. To recognize that fact doesn't mean we don't fully support the fact that they had RNY to save their lives.

Funny. That reminds me of a question my mother-in-law had for me when she (accidently thanks to my husband) found out I had the band. She asked me how I stop losing weight. She was genuinely concerned that I would wittle away to nothing!

I told her that if I got to that point, I'd have the band losened. Too funny!

Please God let a bunch of people be talking about how I have gotten too thin a couple years from now

off topic: didn't randy jackson also do the gastric bypass? it seems GB works better for females than males going by the celebs known to have done it.:)

It isn't just the fact that she would look better with a few more pounds on her. I think it is more the plastic surgery than anythign else. Her neck looks very pulled somehow it doesn't fit her face or body and that has nothing to do with the bypass. I also agree with those of you who say that it is a shame she has not become some kind af advocate for WLS. If you are a celebrity you can help many people by sharing what you have done. Maybe she is ashamed that she couldn't do it on her own.

If I start looking too thin (what a thought) I would also like it if someone told me that I wasn't looking so good just like I wish people had told me I looked fine in the past when I thought I was fat at 130lbs..

Yes I belive he did and he has lost alot but probably not all his weight.

off topic: didn't randy jackson also do the gastric bypass? it seems GB works better for females than males going by the celebs known to have done it.:)

Hi, This surgery has saved her life. She was at very real risk of going to an early grave. You can't win with some people honestly. You are either a disgrace because your obese and you look terrible, and when you do something about it, you dont look goood. Faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrkkkkk!:P

Susannah

okay...laurend, i usually agree with you on most issues..but

the reason i think its not supportive to talk about how "bad" you think she looks is because i dont see it as supportive when people have done that to us.

Do you consider it supportive when people tell you that you could "lose some wieght" because you "dont look healthy"? Is it supportive when people talk about youre likely going to die from obesity realted diseases even though they know NOTHING about your actual health? It doesnt matter if they are right or wrong, its not supportive to even go there.

no.

its not.

and i dont blame her for not wanting to be a "spokesperson" for the surgery. its her own personal choice and shes been very clear about not wanting to share it. I think reality shows (god knows i love em) have made it so we believe that people who recieve, and pay for a great deal of media coverage are not entitled to a private life. i disagree. since im seriously famous myself, i insist on it!

:P

off topic: didn't randy jackson also do the gastric bypass? it seems GB works better for females than males going by the celebs known to have done it.:P

Randy had the Fobi Pouch done... basically an RNY with a silastic ring. I believe Roseanne had that procedure as well, as well as Andrae and Sandra Crouch, Jennifer Holiday, Etta James, etc.

I heard some people say that Star had a DS,.. others said just a very distal RNY. I do think she looked great as a big girl... she always dressed and looked lovely. But, I'm very proud of her accomplishments in losing weight... and she seems to be doing a great job keeping it off.

Let's see... celebrities who've acknowledged that they have Lap-Bands: Ann Wilson (removed); Khaliah Ali; Brian Dennehy; Anne Diamond; Joe Gannascoli (Sopranos), Sharon Osborne (removed), etc.

RNY: Carnie Wilson, Al Roker, Jackie Guerra, Anne Rice, Ron Lester, DJ AM (Adam Goldstein), Patti Austen.

And I'm sure there are countless others. :mad:

Do you consider it supportive when people tell you that you could "lose some wieght" because you "dont look healthy"?
In certain cases, yes, I do. I don't look healthy, and to me, the fact that they've noticed it and care to mention it to me means that they do care about me. Is it supportive if they are constantly harping about it? No. But I do think that telling someone in a kind way that they don't look healthy (when they really don't) isn't unsupportive.
the reason i think its not supportive to talk about how "bad" you think she looks is because i dont see it as supportive when people have done that to us.
I never said she looked "bad". I said she looked better with a few more pounds on her. Even looking skeletal (to me, anyway), she looks better than when she looked completely swollen right before she had surgery.

well i think we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

It pisses me off when people come up and decide its their business to tell me how i deviate from their sense of normal. Makes me want to smak em around. Isnt that another thread?

"whats the worst thing people have said to you and did you get arrested when you smaked them around?"

I think she looks awful. She too thin now and looks unhealthy. She looks like a bobble head doll...have a look at her.lmbo

<TABLE class=tborder id=post428498 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>post_new.gif Yesterday, 09:03 PM <!-- / status icon and date -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2>image.php?u=15865&dateline=1174756388</TD><TD noWrap>lrw26 user_offline.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_428498", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Mar 2007

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Her neck looks very pulled somehow it doesn't fit her face or body and that has nothing to do with the bypass.

Yes that is it!! It is her neck. She really does not have one. I also think it is a shame how she never came forward as so many other celebrities have done. Why support her when she did not support us? By keeping it a secret she is basically telling the overweight community she is ashamed of how she saved herself. That is how I see it. Funny how one question about her started all this ruckus! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>