Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Molinas requirements are 3 comorbidities and a bmi of 30+ or a bmi over 50 and comorbidities no longer matter. You have to do 6 mo program. That consists of: 1. Classes (about 6-9 classes) 2. Psych eval 3. Nutritional appts (2) 4. Meet excersize coach and get measurements. 5. 6 mos of weigh ins 6. Submit to insurance and they have (by law...2 weeks.) I hope this helps. I had molina and got approved. Surgery is Tues. :) Let me know if u have any questions.

I pm'd you! Thanks a lot for your help

I pm'd you! Thanks a lot for your help

Anytime.....glad to be able to help someone like so many have helped me! :)

Anytime.....glad to be able to help someone like so many have helped me! :)

Some some reason our thread isn't in my conversations. Did you ever get the message?

Some some reason our thread isn't in my conversations. Did you ever get the message?

No? I looked for it but didnt find it. Uou can either resend it thru here or email me at mistyraine924@gmail.com. That comes straight to my phone. Im always by it. :)

No? I looked for it but didnt find it. Uou can either resend it thru here or email me at mistyraine924@gmail.com. That comes straight to my phone. Im always by it. :)

Sent! Thanks.

Columbus area patient who was sleeved last month. I went down to Cincy to Dr Curry because I was self pay and he was considerably cheaper than the places here in town.

Does anyone know if there are open support groups around Columbus for bariatric patients? I know a lot of the hospitals/programs have their own but I'm sure that is just for their own patients.

I think the one at Riverside is open to all. When I get home I will see if I can find the dates and times. :)

Nice to see some Lancaster folks on here! I live in Lancaster also and am working with Dr. Timothy Custer's team. I'm hoping to have my surgery in the next 1-2 months.

I am also working with Dr. Custer's team. I have my first consultation on August 11th, so I am just in the starting phase of my journey, but am hopeful that with the insurance I have it will be a short and sweet process. I have met with Dr. Custer once or twice before and loved him, but until now never had the opportunity to get the surgery. I am looking into the gastric bypass RNY surgery vs. other options. I am hopeful that I can get in for my initial consultation early due to cancellations. Good luck in your journey with Dr. Custer.

Hi Jenn! I'm thrilled with Dr. Custer and his staff! So far they have all been amazing! Good luck to you on your journey and I hope you get bumped up on the schedule!

Just called to remind Angela that I want to be put on the cancellation list but nothing yet. Keeping my fingers crossed I get in earlier. The sooner I can start the better!!!

I think the one at Riverside is open to all. When I get home I will see if I can find the dates and times. :)

That is so nice of you! I appreciate it.

No problem! It is open to anyone! Even if you had surgery elsewhere. I got a copy of the schedule today when I saw the nutritionist so I'll try to scan it when I get home and post it! :)

No problem! It is open to anyone! Even if you had surgery elsewhere. I got a copy of the schedule today when I saw the nutritionist so I'll try to scan it when I get home and post it! :)

Thank you! That's good to know. They were the only one I couldn't find the dates and times online for their support group.

Just an FYI for anyone in Columbus: I checked with both Mount Carmel and OSU and they both report that their groups are open to anyone as well. Mount Carmel wants you to register if you're going to go by calling 614-234-LIFE but no registration is needed by OSU.

The dates and times and locations are online:

Mount Carmel: https://www.mountcarmelhealth.com/body.cfm?id=950&action=list&limit_eventTitle=Bariatric%20Surgery%20Support%20Group&crawl=false

OSU: http://medicalcenter.osu.edu/patientcare/healthcare_services/center_for_wellness_prevention/comprehensive_weight_management/bariatric_surgery/support_groups/Pages/index.aspx

Edited by une nouvelle vie

Thank you! That's good to know. They were the only one I couldn't find the dates and times online for their support group. Just an FYI for anyone in Columbus: I checked with both Mount Carmel and OSU and they both report that their groups are open to anyone as well. Mount Carmel wants you to register if you're going to go by calling 614-234-LIFE but no registration is needed by OSU. The dates and times and locations are online: Mount Carmel: https://www.mountcarmelhealth.com/body.cfm?id=950&action=list&limit_eventTitle=Bariatric%20Surgery%20Support%20Group&crawl=false OSU: http://medicalcenter.osu.edu/patientcare/healthcare_services/center_for_wellness_prevention/comprehensive_weight_management/bariatric_surgery/support_groups/Pages/index.aspx

Here are the Riverside dates for the remainder of the year!!! :) All meetings are at 5:30 pm on the dates listed below!

Location: McConnell Heart Health Center - Lower level, classrooms A & B

3773 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43214

(McConnell Heart Health Center is NOT in the hospital, it's past it coming off of 315.)

August 19 - Behavior: Mindful Eating

September 2 - Dietary: Social/Restaurant Dining

September 16 - Exercise II

October 21 - Dietary: Recipe Swap

November 18 - Integrated Session: Surviving the Holidays

December 2 - Open Forum

December 16 - Nursing: Managing Your Health