Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Surgery!

Just got final approval and awaiting for scheduled surgery date. I have requested the 25th. We will see if they can pull it off. Good thing I started my liquid diet on the 11th as we planned. I can do this ! Unfortunately liquid diet in Europe translates to week long drunken binge. I will be back to the states on the 20th with EGD scheduled for the 21st.

As I get closer to my surgery date... I have this urge to join Weight Watchers one more time just before surgery and be a very SUCCESSFUL loser! I failed so many times at Weight Watchers. I want to go into the meeting confident I lost weight. I always use to run to the bathroom to save that pound of Water on the scale. I want to head to the scale and not worry about the weight of my clothes compared to last weight in. I want to collect all the 5 pound ribbons, stickers, little metal awards and become a lifetime member! I know its crazy!

Hi everyone, surgery was yesterday at 11:15 Dr said everything went well. I was in A LOT of pain last night. Today was a little better, still quite a bit of pain but it's an improvement from yesterday.

Had my GI test this afternoon and that went well. Just started sipping on Water two hours ago.

Just taking it one day at a time. No regrets!!

Glad to see others are doing well too.

To those awaiting their surgery, best of Luck!!

Casey

Had my surgery yesterday, had a pretty rough night due to nausea . I'm keeping my liquids down but have a case of the dry heaves. Hoping to go home tomorrow.

Had my surgery yesterday, had a pretty rough night due to nausea . I'm keeping my liquids down but have a case of the dry heaves. Hoping to go home tomorrow.

Hope we both feel better soon!

Glad you ladies are doing so well :)

Hi everyone, surgery was yesterday at 11:15 Dr said everything went well. I was in A LOT of pain last night. Today was a little better, still quite a bit of pain but it's an improvement from yesterday. Had my GI test this afternoon and that went well. Just started sipping on Water two hours ago. Just taking it one day at a time. No regrets!! Glad to see others are doing well too. To those awaiting their surgery, best of Luck!! Casey

Great news!!

Hope the dry heaves ease up!

The 26th is my scheduled surgery date! Sooooo excited! I return to the US on the 20th, EGD and blood work on the 21st! I have managed to stay on liquid diet thanks to my hubby and son! They have done so good to make sure we (they) eat so we here that I am okay with. Most of the time they have just had a quick bite so I am not twiddling my thumbs while they eat!

Day 1 of my liquid diet down and I have a massive headache. I didn't even drink that much coffee before today. But I guess even that little bit makes a difference.

Take some Tylenol for the headache. I promise it will go away in a few days. Don't give up, this is the first battle and you CAN beat this. I'm on day 10 and I honestly don't even think about it any more and the hunger I felt the first few days is no longer there. Sounds impossible to you now, but you'll see, it's true. :) If you feeling like giving up, check back, we're all here to support each other. Always!!!!!

Today is day 7 post op!! (It's officially Friday here!!) I'm one week post op today!! I can't believe a week ago I was getting ready to head to the hospital and here I am a week later!! I am down pre op: 19 lbs

Post op: today... - 8

.grand total of 27lbs gone so far!! Yay!! :)

I won't say this week has been easy...it's actually kinda sucked. The healing is fine but..along with healing from a major surgery I've dealt with the loss of my papa, the grief of loss of food and I'm on all liquids...I've learned a lot about my self this week mostly...that I am actually pretty resilient!

Best wishes all!

- dreaming...

Hope the dry heaves ease up!

I was getting dry heaves too, I stopped using the pain meds and the nausea went away. They gave me a Tylenol drip and I was fine after that.

Today is day 7 post op!! (It's officially Friday here!!) I'm one week post op today!! I can't believe a week ago I was getting ready to head to the hospital and here I am a week later!! I am down pre op: 19 lbs<br> Post op: today... - 8<br><br> .grand total of 27lbs gone so far!! Yay!! :) <br><br> I won't say this week has been easy...it's actually kinda sucked. The healing is fine but..along with healing from a major surgery I've dealt with the loss of my papa, the grief of loss of food and I'm on all liquids...I've learned a lot about my self this week mostly...that I am actually pretty resilient! <br><br> Best wishes all!<br> - dreaming...

sounds like your doing great... Sorry for your loss.

As of right now my date is March 25th!!! I am so excited and happy :D Good luck to everyone still waiting for their day to get here and Congratulations to everyone already on the losing side.