Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

two weeks out and not losing

Ok I am two weeks out and did great the first week now I am not losing any weight. How do u know when u are eating to much or the wrong stuff. I seem to be able to tolerate things that I should not be able to. Also I have had my menstrual cycle since I came home from the hospital. Ugh I am not sure what to do..... please help

Take a deep breath! Now take another deep breath!

This is a long distance run and you must remember to breathe. Periods add Water weight, you are also recovering from MAJOR surgery.

Now as for the eating part you must stick to your docs diet. You could do serious damage to yourself if you don't.

It is very early in the process to worry about the numbers on the scale. I would recommend that if the scale dictates whether you are succeeding or not, don't weigh yourself. When I was on Weight Watchers, many different times, the scale ruled my life. If I stayed on program faithfully and the scale showed a gain, I quit! I had gastric bypass surgery in early December and did not step on a scale until yesterday at my two month appointment with my surgeon. Friends and family asked how I stayed off the scale all this time...easy, I said. If I stay focused on the proper diet, drink my fluids, excercise and take my Vitamins the numbers will be in my favor. My next appointment with the surgeon is in mid June, I will get on the scale again when I see him then. I'm not suggesting that you stay completely off of your scale but maybe limit it to once a week, the number game can be very discouraging. Congratulations on your surgery and weight loss to date, great job.

Edited by Kay P

If you look back on topics you will see I posted the same thing two weeks out. Just concentrate on Water and Protein. I was allowed by dr and could eat more things then others too. I personally was glad because I can only stand the shakes once a day or two, lol.

I'm a little over 3 weeks out and my scale hasn't been moving down as fast as it was. I'm doing everything right except I could probably exercise more, however I reinjured my left foot and am back into a boot. :-(

Everyone has stalls. Don't focus on the scale and keep your eye on the prize. A healthier you.

Get rid of the silly little scale box. Wrote down. Something you can obtain quickly with a Little effort.

At the end of the day it is just a silly number. If

Couldn't agree more with the posts from other members. To that I would add that your journey is not about what you can or can't eat. It's all about what you choose to eat, or not eat.

How do you know when you're eating too much or the wrong stuff? Bariatric patients usually receive a detailed plan with specific foods, specific quantities and a specific timetable for each stage. If you're eating anything that is not on that list at the stage you're at, that's the "wrong stuff". If you're eating more than the recommended amounts in that information, you're eating too much. If you don't have that information, contact your doctor or nutritionist or both.

Stay positive, stay patient, follow the protocol as closely to the letter as you possibly can, and maintain a food log. Allow your body to find its own way in its own time and the weight will take care of itself. The laws of science and the universe cannot be denied. Do those things and...

You're gonna love the new you!!

Thank you all so much for the possitive reassurance. I guess I just thought that it would fall off overnight LOL