Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biggest Loser Finale (If you haven't watched it yet do not read)

Anyone watch the Biggest Loser finale last night? Rachel was crowned winner but now sounds like she is going to take some heat on her weightloss. She weighed in at a 105lbs and looked anorexic. Making entertainment headlines.

I have to wonder was it all about the money or does she now have another eating disorder to be concerned about. I feel bad for her because it's like damn if you do and damn if you don't.

Even the judges looked shocked...

http://www.eonline.com/news/507477/the-biggest-loser-rachel-s-weight-loss-sparks-online-concern

So I guess the question really is did she keep losing to ensure the victory money or does she have an actual problem?

Edited by Jim1967

"I have to wonder was it all about the money or does she now have another eating disorder to be concerned about. I feel bad for her because it's like damn if you do and damn if you don't."

I felt like this after spending a long weekend with my siblings... Everyone had an opinion about what I eat, was not eating, how I looked great, or too skinny, how my collar bone showed...etc.. I felt under a microscope. I don't know why, it was all very depressing, truthfully, I don't care what they think or say it won't change what I do or don't do. It would be nice to feel they were happy for me and supportive. Maybe if that was the thought process when we were growing up, instead of a competitive jealous environment . Could be a window into Rachael's situation too.

I watched and was shocked. I didn't think she looked healthy at all. I hope she went that low for the money win. I'm hoping she adds about 15 pounds back on for maintenance. It was hard for me to look at her bones and not think anorexic... Praying its not an eating disorder! Either way...her transformation was incredible!

I have to add that the clip where the doctor tells her she was only 5% away from professional athlete body fat percentages was what struck me after seeing her at the finale and realizing she had lost another 35-40 pounds since he'd made that comment. That is what really made me think she'd lost too much. There was no muscle anymore on her frame.

Had not watched the finale but saw her photo today.. she is too thin.. her bmi is now 18.. transferring one addiction to another is quite common .. lots of people who are addicted to food for instance take up gambling or drinking or something when they lose weight.. it's transferring.. now it looks like she is anorexic.

Yes Rachel is thin , hen again I don't think she had as much to lose as the other contestants , so it really upset me because I think at least one of the other contestants should have won, that had a lot more to lose , I also had to look real close to make sure that was Tumi because she did not look like her self also , and Bobby had over cae and dealt with what was holding him back so hats off to him for dealing with some emotional issues for him self as we all have something , and some of us don't even know till we talk with some one who doesn't know us and as us banders we know we don't won't to look sick , we just want to be as healthy and live longer , make better choices of eating , we just needed a little help , but we also have to work at not over eating and on our selves, well we our on a journey and we will keep on our journeys.

wow she is too thin, its unhealthy to be that thin.

I really think this extreme loss was about the $$. Now that she has the $$ I'm hoping she puts a few pounds back on so she is back to athlete and not skeletal.

Besides...you know there was no way Rachel made it out of that Finale without Jillian talking to her about the extreme loss. If any of the trainers are going to be blunt and straight it's her. I'll bet they follow up closely with her too. BL doesn't want an anorexic looking role model either.

Check out this craziness:

Listen to what Biggest Loser season one winner Ryan Benson had to say on his myspace blog:

"I wanted to win so bad that the last ten days before the final weigh-in I didn't eat one piece of solid food! If you've heard of "The Master Cleanse" that's what I did. Its basically drinking lemonade made with Water, lemon juice, maple Syrup, and cayenne pepper. The rules of the show said we couldn't use any weight-loss drugs, well I didn't take any drugs, I just starved myself! Twenty-four hours before the final weigh-in I stopped putting ANYTHING in my body, liquid or solid, then I started using some old high school wrestling tricks. I wore a rubber suit while jogging on the treadmill, and then spent a lot of time in the steam room. In the final 24 hours I probably dropped 10-13 lbs in just pure Water weight. By the time of the final weigh-in I was peeing blood.

Was this healthy? Heck no! My wife wanted to kill me if I didn't do it to myself first. But I was in a different place, I knew winning the show could put us in a better place financially and I was willing to do some crazy stuff. All this torture I put myself through has had no lasting effects on me (that I know of) and at the time it was sort of a fun adventure for me -- but I am sure it reeked havoc on my system.

In the five days after the show was over I gained about 32 lbs. Not from eating, just from getting my system back to normal (mostly re-hydrating myself). So in five days I was back up to 240 -- crazy!".

Article can be found here: http://www.burnthefatinnercircle.com/public/614.cfm

That is crazy. Makes you think the show format should be changed somehow doesn't it.

Shocking! I hope she is being monitored closely.

All of us in my office thought Rachael looked far too thin. Almost skeletal. Sad because that show could do a decent job of educating people about eating better and exercising(????altho not 4-6 hours a day!)too bad it is about money now. Not enough about health and long term goals of a good well rounded life. Just our opinion

food for thought...

My naturally thin daughter once told me, she found it insulting and hurtful when someone said she was too thin, did she have an eating disorder? She did not. She always had difficulty gaining weight. At 13, she said "mom it's just as bad when someone calls you skinny, or anorexic ,as when they call you fat, it hurts the same"

Gotta remember though jillian is the one that recommended and pushed the caffine pills on her tea and that is why the team got to have a tea member back , and I hope no Lapband doctor or physical trainer would ever recommend weight loss pills or anything like that to make the weight come off faster , we , most of us I would hope are learning or have learned to eat , and do our work with our little tool to help us be more healthy , not look un healthy or , be anorexic, or have bulia , I don't wish that on any one , and of course we all still have the mental factors and I would just hope that our mental capacity will let us know.

I really think this extreme loss was about the $$. Now that she has the $$ I'm hoping she puts a few pounds back on so she is back to athlete and not skeletal.

Besides...you know there was no way Rachel made it out of that Finale without Jillian talking to her about the extreme loss. If any of the trainers are going to be blunt and straight it's her. I'll bet they follow up closely with her too. BL doesn't want an anorexic looking role model either.