Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my lapband surgery in August and it's now Febuary. I started out at 222 pounds and now weight 188. 6 months and 34 pounds. Was hoping for a little better than that but I still have no restriction. I go monthly for a fill but the doctor never gives me more to .4 or .5 cc's at a time. I'm now at 6 CC's in my band and still have no significant results. Occasionally I think it's working but not sure. I work out 3 times a week and try to keep my calories down to less than 1500 a day. I do have a bad thyroid and am on hormone supression therapy due to a bout of breast cancer and I'm 53 so maybe I just have to keep chugging away, be patient, and not give up. I'm going to feel restriction some day i'm sure. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had such a difficult journey.

1500 calories may be a little much. I started out at 1000 and by advice of my doc went to 1200. Weight loss was minimal. I've now backed back down to 900-1000 and weight loss has taken off again.

I believe 1500 is too much, but that's what it takes to keep my stomach from growling. Some days I get away with less, 1300 or so but most days it takes 1500. That's been getting me close to a pound a week, but would be much happier at losing 2-3 pounds a week. I keep thinking that once I feel restriction I'll be able to reach that goal. How many CC's in your band?<br />

I am a slow loser too :) Having a few medical issues to ice the cake never helps. I agree with Sandy that 1500 cal. might be a little high. The highest both my husband and I were told was 1200. If you can try to cut back on your intake a bit by making some food substitutions if possible.

Exercise is good, keep doing that!! When your faced with all the hormonal issues you have going on that can stem weight loss, trust me I know from personal experience!!

As of my last fill I find myself finally in that Greenzone where I am not looking for food, and most times don't even think about needing to eat. I am at 7.5 in a 10cc band but the volume to reach that zone is different for everyone. Some never need a fill, and others like me it's taken quite a bit to get there.

Keep chugging away cause your numbers are going in the right direction and they are not going back!!!

Thanks! Just what I needed to Hear!

I believe 1500 is too much, but that's what it takes to keep my stomach from growling. Some days I get away with less, 1300 or so but most days it takes 1500. That's been getting me close to a pound a week, but would be much happier at losing 2-3 pounds a week. I keep thinking that once I feel restriction I'll be able to reach that goal. How many CC's in your band?<br />

I've lost track of whats in my band, as long as its working, that what counts. I, like everyone here would love to wake up and be thin. It aint gonna happen. 1 lbs a week is a great loss and you'll get there and more likely stay there with this loss. In fact, I'm to the point, in the past month, I've bumped up to 2 lbs a week and thought of ways to slow it down. Just don't want to reverse losing. You'll get there and 5 lbs a month is all I've lost throught my journey exept the last 2 months.

Okay, Thanks...you've talked me out of the tree for today:)_

Right here with ya gf!!

Surgery 6/21/13...so far I am down 40#...however I am at a standstill and had to have 3cc's removed this am...now BACK on liquids AGAIN!

Discouraged to say the least. The band is ONLY a tool they kept reminding me this morning. You would think for $23K you would feel some restriction with out puking every meal. Good luck!!

I think you're doing great! Slow progress is better than no progress so keep up the great work!

So glad to finally read a post from another August bander. I was banded on Aug 22. It seems to me you are making very steady progress. I too have been losing at a steady pace...... Can it really ever be FAST ENOUGH for us? Glad to see you are exercising. That's where I ramped it up..... In the exercise department. I try to get to the gym SIX days a week, and most weeks I do get there all six days. I have learned a lot about myself through this process..... I learned to live in the present and I need to practice patience. The weight WILL come off..... In time!

I see these posts occasionally where the doctor is way too conservative. I know it may be hard to demand the doctor give you more CCs but you need it. You're paying for it.

The best type of fill is a fill with fluoroscopy. It's basically an X-ray taken as you do a barium swallow. I'll provide a link to Catfish's flouro below. If the doctor won't do this for you, look into other doctors who may be more aggressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwKuqgJgbD0#t=161