Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shake Creativity

So I have found a way to make my Protein Shakes enjoyable!! Right now I am using the ON Gold Standard 100% whey Protein from GNC, the extreme chocalte flavor. I have figured out that if I add cinnamon, straight cocoa powder and a splenda it is DELISCIOUS!! Just wanted to share.

I remember seeing something on here with a bunch of Protein Shake recipes... can't find it now... can someone assist? Thanks.... :)

My favorite lately is chocolate premire Protein shake with skim milk and sugar free Torani caramel Syrup

DUH!!!! I didn't even think of adding the syrups...and I have several flavors!!!! Thank you for the idea!

If you like chocolate/peanut butter you can also add PB2. I tried adding some orange crystal light powder to a vanilla shake to make a creamsicle. The powder didn't completely dissolve and I had to strain it but it did make a nice flavor. I think I will be ordering some sugar free orange Torani Syrup next time.

ooooh....they have orange??? I get it at the World Market, and I know Walmart carries a few flavors... I have hazelnut, raspberry, caramel, vanilla, chocolate...and I think one other... I use them when I make donuts (recipe from Egg Face)...so far I like adding the caramel best in them ;) ...

I get them at World Market too but there are a lot more flavors available online than what the stores carry. DaVinci Gourmet also carries a lot of sugar free flavors on line that Torani doesn't.

I'm still a fan of premier RTD (ready to drink) chocolate or vanilla........you can do this with powders, too......I put them in a Blender Bottle with perhaps 3/4 teaspoon of instant coffee (nestle Mountain Blend is really good) and ice.....

I've also done 1/2 vanilla (or chocolate) Protein powder and 1/2 chike coffee flavor Protein Powder with ice and Water, yum.

For a "cheat", I use unjury chocolate splender powder with hot tap Water (about 130 degrees) for hot chocolate

I am a big fan of PB2 (Peanut Butter or chocolate flavor)........torani and davinci syrups

This is something I liked.....worth the little added effort.....I think you can use any brand of Protein as long as it's not a thick shake....Note: the 1/2 a scoop of Unjury has about 10g of protein (not every brand's scoop is the same size....some are big, some are small)

UNJURY pumpkin Spice Latte

1/2 scoop UNJURY Vanilla

1/2 scoop UNJURY Unflavored

1/4 teaspoon pumpkin Pie Spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice)

1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice sugar free Syrup (brand suggestions: Da Vinci, Torani)

1/4 cup (2 oz) Skim Milk, Lactose Free Milk, Soy Milk, or Almond Milk

3/4 cup coffee (Regular or Decaf, made to your liking)

 Make coffee using a coffee maker or mixing instant coffee. Add milk. Measure temperature (must be below 140 degrees)

 Add UNJURY, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Pumpkin Pie Spice Syrup. Mix until combined

Variations:

 For a sweeter latte, use one full scoop of Vanilla UNJURY instead of Unflavored .

 To decrease sweetness, use one full scoop of Unflavored UNJURY instead of Vanilla.

 For stronger coffee flavor, add extra instant coffee mix

 For a fun treat, top with 1 tablespoon of fat-free cool- whip and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Serve with a cinnamon stick

On a side note, I generally use Water to mix my Protein drinks to save on calories/carbs.

If I want it creamier or need extra Protein, I mix in 1/3 cup fat free powdered milk (I never have milk in the house...it goes bad before I can use it up, so I always have powdered milk)

Some folks have added yogurt to their Protein Drinks to get rid of the whey taste (I have yet to try it)

Is it ok to add tofu to a Protein drink? If it is blended completely??

Its Ok but soft tofu has less Protein. I go yogurt.

does anyone make their own Protein Shakes from scratch using a bullet or other blender? I am not sure if buying premade is for me...I am HUGE about taste. I got a suggestion to buy PLAIN Protein Powder and build my own smoothies from there...or even to make my own Protein Shake using allnatural ingredients, and skipping the powder altogether. anyone ever do this? my close friend, who is sleeved, refuses Protein shakes and powders. she completely gets ALL of her protein from regular foods and shakes she makes 100% herself.

I;d love to have more information about how your friend makes her own Protein powder,,,recipes??