Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi

I'm one week post op today. I'm alone during the day when my son is at school. I came home last Tuesday evening. My mom or sister stop by during the day to check on me and things have been fine. I've been struggling getting the right amount of Protein in, buts that's about all.

I'd been doing good today, felt a little grungy and decided to take a shower. I was doing fine, then started feeling weird. I "came to" on the bottom of the tub. First felt like waking up, then all of sudden sound and sight came back. I've passed out in the past due to Migraines. Never like this. I knew something was wrong and sight went wonky, then wham, I'm on the floor of the tub with the shower nozzle, towel (soaked) in my hand.

I'm glad I'd lost over 90 lbs prior to surgery, because I'd never have been able to get up on my own.

I got up, got a new towel and laid down. I'm still a little shaky.

I called my mom, she says the heat from the shower and the left over anesthesia in my system...

jeez

so I will be waiting to take my next shower until my mom has time to stop by. Then again, I don't know what she could have done had she been here.

Dear JLMCKEE,

You need to be careful. Your Mom is completely right! Only 1 week out you need to stay laying down and maybe take a wee walk around your street with fresh air.

Losing 90lbs prior to surgery??? YOU'RE MY HERO!! I bet you are down even more.

Anyway try and take it easy and take you meds!! Especially your chewable vitamin!!

Take it easy.

Best Wishes - Debbie

This happened to my husband and he knew his blood pressure was low, and showered anyway. He nearly killed himself, and broke 6 shower tiles if you can imagine. Have your blood pressure checked regularly folks, these cuffs are pretty inexpensive and easy to use. I sure hope you are feeling better and glad you did not hurt yourself.

Hi

I'm one week post op today. I'm alone during the day when my son is at school. I came home last Tuesday evening. My mom or sister stop by during the day to check on me and things have been fine. I've been struggling getting the right amount of Protein in, buts that's about all.

I'd been doing good today, felt a little grungy and decided to take a shower. I was doing fine, then started feeling weird. I "came to" on the bottom of the tub. First felt like waking up, then all of sudden sound and sight came back. I've passed out in the past due to Migraines. Never like this. I knew something was wrong and sight went wonky, then wham, I'm on the floor of the tub with the shower nozzle, towel (soaked) in my hand.

I'm glad I'd lost over 90 lbs prior to surgery, because I'd never have been able to get up on my own.

I got up, got a new towel and laid down. I'm still a little shaky.

I called my mom, she says the heat from the shower and the left over anesthesia in my system...

jeez

so I will be waiting to take my next shower until my mom has time to stop by. Then again, I don't know what she could have done had she been here.

You could've been seriously injured or died in a fall like that. Your mom could've called 911 if you'd been injured. My neighbor died in a slip and fall shower accident last fall. She was alone for hours before someone found her and by then it was too late. It would be wise to shower with someone nearby until you are sure it won't happen again. Be careful!

I also feel faint when showering. I feel like that also while cooking sometimes. I have to sit down at times while cooking.

I told my Dr about it today and he told me to keep an eye on my blood pressure and sugar.

Be safe.

Congrats on the 90 lb loss!

Thank you for the replys. To be honest, some scare me. Which is the point, right?

I will be more careful and definitely wait to shower so someone will be home with me. This is my first (and hopefully last) surgery. I didn't know it was an issue to be aware of.

Okay

So since the shower incident ...

I am in pain again, as bad as when I came home last Tuesday. I'd been off my pain meds since Friday. But I just had to take some. When I passed out, I hit my right elbow and right side of my abdomen on the tub spout and they are bruised. Sore, but not extreme. The pain on the left of my belly button (not an incision site) is bad. I know it's a pain related to the surgery, it's just that it had gotten so much better, I twisted in bed and actually screamed out loud.

I'm 22 months post op and in October I had fainting spells, I was home and just kept on passing out. I would get a very intense wave of nausea and then lights out. I went to the ER and had all kinds of tests done and they could not come up with anything. They said either my BP was VERY low or VERY high. My doctor put me on a low dose of BP meds and I seem to be fine now. Please be careful, its a scary feeling. If you start to feel faint just sit down, even if its on the floor right where you are standing its better to sit then fall!!!