Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Failing...by the book.

I'm working hard to eat clean, get my Protein and Water in, walking, and keep track of things. So why is it that I'm only two weeks out and my weight loss hasn't moved since the end of week 1? I know the three week stall is something that is of common lore but I stalled right at the start of week 2. I feel like it is a shifting dynamic and people say: do what you are supposed to do.

By all counts I am doing what I am "supposed" to do.

I can feel that my body is stressed and holding on so I'm working on getting as much water in as possible as well as extra sleep. I find it difficult to ingest protein in the mornings due to nausea. Not much is appealing to me in terms of food.

The bigger thing is my fear of failing after the lap-band failure. I feel stressed about losing weight: this was a big financial investment and I am devoting so much energy and attention to these efforts. I'm going to incorporate eggs/egg whites so I might be able to get some more protein in.

Today I have such a mixture of emotions -- frustration and anger -- with that darn number on the scale. I only weigh once a week and I'm getting ready to put the thing away completely for a while.

It's superbowl Sunday in Bronco country and I'll be going to a party where there will be very little to nothing I can eat. I'm feeling stressed about that as well. All this stress cannot be aiding in the weight loss process.

Is it possible to follow the rules and fail?

You hit it spot on.."I'm only 2 weeks out".

Give youself a break! You just had major surgery. A true stall is considered 3 weeks or more. You're body just needs a rest.

I'm coming up on 4 months out and believe me..the body needs time to rest so that you don't get really sick. Go with it. Lots of people find that weighing only weekly or monthly helps keep them happier and more on track.

May also want to take your measurements now. And then take them weekly maybe.

Relax. Breathe, this is a long journey. Enjoy each part of it.

:)

Slow down; take a deep breath.

Each and everyone of us is different. You hear about those who lose 15-20 on the 2 week liquid....I didn't.

You are in recovery and if you are doing it right.....the weight will fall off.

I lost my 100 at around 13-14 months....Maybe 20 in the first 2 months including the liquid pre op.

Stop worrying that there will be nothing to eat at the party, enjoy the company and approved drinks.

Good Luck,

thanks for your thoughts!

Jus to clarify: not worried about not eating...have been out to social occasions and fine with that. It's more the attention of not eating amidst others. I don't have problems being around other people eating (happens everyday at work).

Thanks for your messages...I'm going to go for a stroll...just for relaxation :)

Because that's NORMAL!!

No.

Follow the rules for 2 years exactly and then you tell us. Maybe we can report this together 1 year and 10 months from now. Stay the course. Follow the rules. Don't overthink it.

;)

Is it possible to follow the rules and fail?

I was sleeved 1/17. Lost 10 pounds I think the first week. Nothing since. Totally normal and i too am doing everything right. Don't fret :)

I know your discouraged but don't be, your body is healing & adjusting to this major surgery..your weight WILL decrease trust me! I'm not a fan of the scale either and there will be more than 1 stall on this journey..we all go through this just stay focused on your doctors/nutritionists instructions.

Drink, drink, drink your Water..than drink some more.

As for the Super Bowl party, have a shake or some Protein before you leave, take your Water possibly add some crystal light and enjoy!

Keep smiling!!

Maybe this will not be what you want to hear........not many people really care. We are far more worried about what others think than what they actually really do think. Jus sayin......

Take something with you that you can eat! Be prepared

FLHgal, my situation is almost identical to yours. I have followed all the rules and have not had a change in the scales in a week. That's not a stall, but it IS aggravating. What has helped me, is that I have read on these boards, even before surgery, how common this is. We just have to stay with it, and be patient.

I wrote this in another post, but Im going to copy/paste it here because it applies.

my advice to you is stop concentrating so much on the numbers and just concentrate on making the right decisions and following the plan. eat right, find time to exercise when you can and in time the numbers will be there for you. this is not a short race, its a long marathon. trust that the plan will work and later on down the road youll look back and ask yourself "what was I worried about?" good luck.

You all give great advice. The superbowl was fine - everyone was so distraught over the broncos it really didn't matter ;)

I know I need to amp up my Water intake, still struggling with that. Otherwise keeping the course and the scale is now up on the top shelf of the closet.

My treadmill arrives tomorrow. I bought that instead of a couch so I can do work on the computer and walk instead of sitting.

Game on.