Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Little restriction with solids

I started solids today and have only very little restriction... Is this normal? Also, after I eat.. Not during I burp A LOT not PB though

This is why most of us rely on fills. You won't feel restriction or satiety till your band is adjusted properly. That may be 1 or 6 fills. Good luck and till you get that one fill that allows your band to work it's magic, it's just another diet.

tmf

You're still very early in the game.....takes a while to get there...

Here is an example what it is like for me....

Breakfast...had my usual Protein fruit smoothie...and my coffee, before heading out to work (no gym today)

lunch..was Wendy's chili and some crackers.......

dinner...Tonight my Wife and I went out to dinner...I started with a cup of chowder, had only 1/2 of it...then I had broiled shrimp with Spinach and mashed potatoes on the side...I ate 3 shrimp,(and that was tough) a little spinach, and only tasted the mashed potatoes...then for dessert I stole a little of my wife's cheesecake...

That's it..and I had a hard time eating that! I cannot possibly eat another thing, and probably won't till lunch tomorrow...

I do not count calories, but as you can see, due to the band, My hunger and portions are limited, not by me, but because of the band......tomorrow will be a little different, weekends always are, but in the big picture I eat considerably less than what I used to...

But it did not happen immediately after surgery....I have been banded for 3 years now...

congrats on your surgery

when i burp (or a hiccup), its a sign for me to stop and had enough

could be that is a sign for you also

Wendydarling19, on 31 Jan 2014 - 17:44, said:

I started solids today and have only very little restriction... Is this normal? Also, after I eat.. Not during I burp A LOT not PB though

I will try to pay more attention to my body to see my. "full signs" the burping happens when I'm done eating but I will see if that happens at all or a hiccup these next few times. I'm afraid I'm eating too much. I'll just try my best to control my portions until I'm in the green. Starting low carb today!!

a cup of food to 1/2 cup of food. that would be a ballpark figure.

I agree with Carolinagirl. When I hiccup, it is usually about 4 times in a row and it is because I am to full and have eaten to much. It will take you a little bit to figure the signs out, but you will. I was one that if there was only a couple bites of food left on my plate, I would just try to eat it instead of throwing it away. That is usually when I start with the hiccups. Just work on smaller portions. Best of luck to you!

Early on I would hiccup, but now as my band has more fill, I get shoulder pain. As you get more fills everything changes. Restriction, appetite, even your taste in food. Things I used to love to eat, I can't stomach the thought of or taste of anymore, and with each fill, it's in a sense, like starting over again (for me anyway). You'll get to green, just be patient, and enjoy your journey and most importantly focus on your Protein and healing at this time. Protein is a necessity when healing from any surgery.

The burping, oh my! I burp all the time anymore! I burp really big after I eat, and for several hours after! Even when I am just drinking my Water I burp! I never did this before the surgery and I have to really be careful when I'm out in public because they just coming rolling out!

I have been following Carolina girls advice and noticed I do begin to burp a little bit when I'm eating and stop even if I don't feel "full". I know we aren't supposed to feel "full" so I take that as my sign to stop.

I also have a soft burp to let me know I'm done eating. Sometimes the food tastes so good that I risk another bite....and then quite often I'm miserable ;) It's funny how our bodies adapt to our bands! We just need to listen.

I also have a soft burp to let me know I'm done eating. Sometimes the food tastes so good that I risk another bite....and then quite often I'm miserable ;) It's funny how our bodies adapt to our bands! We just need to listen.

It's funny how that happens. This morning eating Breakfast I had taken about 4 bites. Something told me I was done. My thought was " I may regret this, but I want one bite of my buttered toast". I spent 30 minutes sliming and regretting. Should have listened to that little voice.