Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been 2 days since surgery and I'm feeling pretty good. The worst part right now is my swollen abdomen. I don't know if it's because of the gas or the trauma of the surgery (maybe both?) but i cannot wait for it to get back to normal. I'm wondering how long that took for others?

I'm doing pretty good so far getting things down. I'm drinking lots of Water, had my first Protein Shake, drank a whole bottle of the Isopure Protein Drink and even a little bit of yogurt drink and applesauce. Took all my meds and Vitamins too.

You are doing awesome to get all that in!

I'm still not exactly sure when normal hits. My abdomen doesn't really hurt that much... I would claim it is (and as been) swollen for the last ten years. Lol. But seriously, I'm guessing most of the swelling is gone now. I am on day 9.

Yeah the hives are REALLY a bummer. Now I am wondering if it was the new shirt I pulled out yesterday that I had never warn before (because it was too small then). That may have caused it. Probably never washed it like an idiot. Hmmmmmmmm......

It's been 2 days since surgery and I'm feeling pretty good. The worst part right now is my swollen abdomen. I don't know if it's because of the gas or the trauma of the surgery (maybe both?) but i cannot wait for it to get back to normal. I'm wondering how long that took for others? I'm doing pretty good so far getting things down. I'm drinking lots of Water, had my first Protein Shake, drank a whole bottle of the Isopure Protein drink and even a little bit of yogurt drink and applesauce. Took all my meds and Vitamins too.

The swelling sucks. I think my swelling was gone by week 2. After that it's mostly getting up, sitting down, twists and turns that hurt.

Today is my 3 week surgiversary. I can't believe how fast it's gone by. Yet it feels like surgery was sooo long ago. I'm doing really good. I managed to pull open my yucky incision and it was oozing. So freaking gross. But if that's the only problem then I'm totally fine with it. Looking forward to the next food stage (soft) next week.

Today is my 3 week surgiversary. I can't believe how fast it's gone by. Yet it feels like surgery was sooo long ago. I'm doing really good. I managed to pull open my yucky incision and it was oozing. So freaking gross. But if that's the only problem then I'm totally fine with it. Looking forward to the next food stage (soft) next week.

Are you okay??? Oozing sounds bad. :(

Ican not believe you got all that in. I am one week out and just got my first full Protein drink in.

Oozy, you are right that is gross. Hope it gets better. Your doc has been told, of course?

Oozing does not sound good. Mine were glued and have done well. No scabs or oozing.

Are you okay??? Oozing sounds bad. :(

I emailed my surgeon but have not heard back. He had told me last week if any of them start to drain to keep them dry and clean. I managed to bump the scab so now it is worse. The "drainage" is a yellowish brown. So hopefully he gets back to me soon, maybe it needs to be cleaned and stitched again.

18 days out & very excited my scale is still moving. I know I'm due a stall but still happy it moved!

DEE

http://www.deekajungumbo.blogspot.com/

Ok yall im freaking out!!. Ok i had my 1week post op appt withmy surgeon on wednesday the 26th. And today is friday. So ive was cleared to begin Beans scrambled eggs etc. on wednesday so i have been eating like 1/4 cup or a bite more of beans or egg. And ive been eating cheese for Protein not all at once ofcourse but through out the day. I have notbeen doing Protein Shakes since like tuesday. They makeme literallywant to puke. So my scale has not moved in 3 or 4 days!!!!!! I am going nuts.what am i doing wrong??? I feel like i am failing

Same thing happened to me. I was getting constipated from a change in consistency and less fluids. Once I got that going I lost someone. I have found it's a lot harder to drink once you start purred. I'm 2 weeks and a day out and constipated again. It's so good to not have to drink so many shakes but sooo much harder to get fluids in when you're still full 2 hours later.

Ok yall im freaking out!!. Ok i had my 1week post op appt withmy surgeon on wednesday the 26th. And today is friday. So ive was cleared to begin Beans scrambled eggs etc. on wednesday so i have been eating like 1/4 cup or a bite more of beans or egg. And ive been eating cheese for Protein not all at once ofcourse but through out the day. I have notbeen doing Protein Shakes since like tuesday. They makeme literallywant to puke. So my scale has not moved in 3 or 4 days!!!!!! I am going nuts.what am i doing wrong??? I feel like i am failing

I am in the EXACT same boat as you!! I am so relieved I'm not alone. I want to know what am I doing wrong too?

Im glad im not alone!!. Ive heard of the 3 week stall but not the 10 day post op stall :(. Depressing!!

Wanted to share the news. I hit the 40lbs loss mark!!

post-205570-0-33165000-1396060204_thumb.jpg

At the hospital. Hubby was sleeved today. Doesn't like the groggy feeling he can't seem to shake. But has done at least 5 or 6 laps between falling asleep. :-)