Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mine is on Tuesday, I'm just so sick of shakes I'm to the point where Id rather be hungry!

Oh darlin', sorry to tell ya the shake continue after surgery for a couple more weeks.

Try new shakes. Doctor them up. Try new brands. Lord, I know how you feel! Add ice and blender them so it's like a malt. Add PB2 to choc to make a Peanut Butter choc shake - those are so good!

I thought we couldn't have PB2 until after?

Well I have tried everything from putting them on ice to trying different brands, to mixing them together. My husband is out getting my Peanut Butter flavored right now.

I feel literally sick today, I have barely got out of bed. I don't know if this is normal!

I know it's just shakes for a while after surgery but I imagine I won't be in the mood for anything but that. But when you have a healthy in tact stomach and appetite, it's the worst!

Day 5 now. Can move without a ton of ab pain now. That @$&?! Gas from the surgery still hurts like the dickens. I saw my doc this morning as I came back from the hospital with a rash. Turns out I am allergic to the heart monitoring IV pad adhesive. I have Patches of hives there. So went and got meds for that.

Doc is pleased with Protein intake: 78 grams today and yesterday. She said that will help me heal quickly. Water is proving more difficult. I get close to 64oz, but never quite get there. Hunger is non existent (a weird feeling to be honest). But food/ liquid inside makes my gut sound like symphony. Lol.

Dealing with Constipation issues from lack of fluids and pain meds. Miralax seems to work. Not til the second day though. I tried Fiber (benefiber) and apparently that is a no-no because it can make your system bloated and stretch.

Slept most of today. Gearing up for work (desk job) on Monday. Not sure how well that will work, but heck! We're gonna try!

I hope that update helps.

I put PB2 in a Nutri Bullet with a premade choc shake (pure Protein 23g), add a little ice (or a lot but then the volume is increased) and it's good. It's still liquid. My nut said it was ok. Do you have a milk allergy? Have you tried lots of types? I know the Proti shake were horrible. I wouldn't have been able to drink those. The severe fatigue and nausea could be detox from sugar and caffeine if those were prominent in your diet before? I know I was thoroughly miserable for 6 days after quitting caffeine. Felt like I had the flu - body aches, intense mental fog. I had no idea it would be so bad. I'm so sorry this is so hard. It really is worth it.

I put PB2 in a Nutri Bullet with a premade choc shake (pure Protein 23g), add a little ice (or a lot but then the volume is increased) and it's good. It's still liquid. My nut said it was ok

This sounds fantastic! Definitely gonna try it.

Day 3 out no pain and getting less nauseated I have only got 12oz Water and 2oz Protein Shake. Working toward more taking it one day at a time!

I am struggling to determine when my stomach is full. Tonight I wound up at a Japanese Steak House for a friend's birthday. Being that today is Day 5, I ate Water and broth only.

That said, I had a hard time sorting through head hunger (swearing I was hungry because there was all this delicious food in front of me) and actual hunger and being full. It was totally confusing.

Then I came home to make myself a Protein shake, because I was sure I was hungry after only having broth and Water. But after two sips, my stomach felt lots of pressure and was like STOP! I think I realized I was full way too late.

Have any of you guys figured this out? I would live some tips. I obviously am a colossal failure at this tonight!

I am struggling to determine when my stomach is full. Tonight I wound up at a Japanese Steak House for a friend's birthday. Being that today is Day 5, I ate Water and broth only. That said, I had a hard time sorting through head hunger (swearing I was hungry because there was all this delicious food in front of me) and actual hunger and being full. It was totally confusing. Then I came home to make myself a Protein Shake, because I was sure I was hungry after only having broth and water. But after two sips, my stomach felt lots of pressure and was like STOP! I think I realized I was full way too late. Have any of you guys figured this out? I would live some tips. I obviously am a colossal failure at this tonight!

Hey! I'm also 5 days post op and also having that slight confusion. Is my stomach just getting used to liquids again or is the weird pressure the "full" feeling. Glad I'm not alone. Sometimes when even swallowing the pain med it's like a sharp feeling to swallow.

I am struggling to determine when my stomach is full. Tonight I wound up at a Japanese Steak House for a friend's birthday. Being that today is Day 5, I ate Water and broth only. That said, I had a hard time sorting through head hunger (swearing I was hungry because there was all this delicious food in front of me) and actual hunger and being full. It was totally confusing. Then I came home to make myself a Protein Shake, because I was sure I was hungry after only having broth and water. But after two sips, my stomach felt lots of pressure and was like STOP! I think I realized I was full way too late. Have any of you guys figured this out? I would live some tips. I obviously am a colossal failure at this tonight!

Yes. I feel the same. Swallowing liquids is no longer painful but purees fill me up so fast. It feels incredibly full, pressure.

Yes. I feel the same. Swallowing liquids is no longer painful but purees fill me up so fast. It feels incredibly full, pressure.

Maybe that is the key ---thickness. The Protein shake was very thick. Maybe thicknesses matter? In my head I always negate super thin broth or Water, figuring they will go right through my stomach. Maybe I'm not accounting enough for them.

I wish there was a rule for when to eat what. Experimenting is making me crazy, the only rule it know (I think) is that Water clears your stomach within 30 minutes. I figure that is true because I was told to stop drinking 30 mins before eating.

Again, just a guess. :(. ...again, I would love to know any "rules" you guys have come up with.

Maybe that is the key ---thickness. The Protein Shake was very thick. Maybe thicknesses matter? In my head I always negate super thin broth or Water, figuring they will go right through my stomach. Maybe I'm not accounting enough for them. I wish there was a rule for when to eat what. Experimenting is making me crazy, the only rule it know (I think) is that water clears your stomach within 30 minutes. I figure that is true because I was told to stop drinking 30 mins before eating. Again, just a guess. :(. ...again, I would love to know any "rules" you guys have come up with.

I was thinking that too. I'm not sure all the 30 minute rules apply in this stage. Fluids are now moving through normally. The thicker stuff stays with me. My instructions say when I can consume 1/4-1/2 cup to start separating drinking and eating. But m not up to that yet. Not in one sitting. I can tell the swelling has gone down because I'm not as bloated or in pain when I eat. All the rules seem to apply to eating solids or heavier purees. I'm ready to try stuff but I'm barely making goal as is. Until I eat meats, I don't see me getting to goal bc the portions are so small. I guess that's why you have to suppliment with shakes. It's a Quest to eat and get close to goal but I haven't quite figured it out yet.