Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3/14, start my pre op this Friday. My surgeon allows up to do phase 1 & 2 diet with unlimited veggies and 48 hrs before surgery clear liquid diet. I think I'm lucky!!

Yes, I have only 1 week Clear Liquids

***************MARCH2014 SLEEVERS************

SteveH, February 25

Amy P, March 3

behrat, March 3

Jerziegirl, March 3

Lady KatieBug, March 3

smjnewme, March 3

Two.Penguins, March 3

jallsop, March 4

TatiB, March 4

SkinnyMinnyIwillBe, March 4

btlombardo68, March 5

kb88, March 5

niassy151, March 5

kellyann1, March 5

lgmann78, March 5

MaryRS, March 5

vdub_tx, March 5

BananaBelly2B, March 6

danaevett, March 6

Mercedes123, March 6

mizzzmoka, March 6

New me 3/6/13, March 6

Ashleigh606, March 10

KajunGumbo, March 10

melissa031014, March 10

Rebecca76, March 10

rmc32587, March 10

sjr7522, March 10

canuckinoslo, March 11

Jen40, March 11

kkrose, March 11

new-mamma, March 11

JurneeOfOne, March 12

sweet4422, March 12

wonderful66, March 12

adelair6, March 13

CrazyJaney, March 13

darneka1, March 13

TheOldMeAgain, March 13

MyYear2014, March 14

survivingsleever, March 14

abbyabby, March 17

brendagibbs, March 17

Jc80, March 17

fuzzyman, March 17

Stephen T, March 17

TheWigster, March 17

Jaime_Boston, March 18

LaGueriTaChuLa13, March 18

6'1Mommy, March 18

BiggerInTexas, March 19

snookiebaybehx3, March 19

darneka1, March 20

honeyg317, March 20

Lynne1029, March 20

chargersmommy, March 22

CurvyCakes, March 24

Jeanne14, March 24

nana banana, March 26

Chriisty Diiane, March 28

GettingBackToNormal, March 28

Holly Martin 79, March 28

Nona1414, March 28

Sleeveless N Seattle, March 28

Heather - VSG, March 31st

yodasplash, March 31

Band2Sleever, March 31

Ok, call me crazy but I may be changing my mind here. I have been reading further into complications from leaks. Just don't think this worth dying......I am so scared :(

Hi everyone, I made it! Still pretty tired and weak from the anesthesia, but the pain isn't too bad. Got a lot of discomfort in my back/chest from the gas. But other than that doing pretty well. Been sleeping most of the afternoon. Hoping tomorrow is a better day but just super happy it's over with!

Ok, call me crazy but I may be changing my mind here. I have been reading further into complications from leaks. Just don't think this worth dying......I am so scared :(

Im with you im really thinking twice about it. So freaking scared. And in my situation even more my doctors in Mexico so if I have any problems once im home what do I do :(

I think, unfortunately, that some new complication threads have popped up here lately. Wish I wouldn't have seen them either. I'm moving forward even so. It is scary. Overall though, very low incidence of complications. I'm going with that!

Had my pre op today. 21 pounds down but he decided he wants my liquid diet to start tomorrow vs this weekend. That's a big of a mental shock but this journey requires flexibility.

What I learned today:

* my surgeon doesn't use drains

* no binding

* no "clear liquids" stage

* 2 weeks pre op AND 2 weeks post op = liquids (including yogurts, oatmeal, blended soups)

* staples removed after 2 weeks

* surgeon was kind enough to prescribe Adavan for any anxiety night before / morning of.

So my point is - every surgeon has their own protocol.. I guess no two patients are alike or surgeons!

Yikes, here we go liquids.

My surgery is 14, March so just about a week away

My surgery is on March 8th and I'm so glad I found this group. I'm excited to take this journey with all of you. I've been on a seven day Liquid Protein diet with a little lean meat and soft veggie for dinner. I'm starting to feel a little more sluggish as each day goes on but hear that should stop soon. I'm so excited to take this next step and get it over with.

If there are people out there that have sensitivities to soy Protein or whey protein they have a Protein Drink called Raw Protein by Garden of Life. It's plant based and made with all veggies and bean protein. You definitely need to mix it in the blender and is great if you can add some spinach or kale and a just a little frozen fruit to sweeten it (not very much). I know we are supposed to think protein first, then veggie so fruit might just have to take the back burner from now on. Anyways it's a great alternative for sensitive stomachs and I get it from Amazon.com.< /p>

I have definitely decided NOT to be sleeved, the risks are just not for me. God Luck & prayers to all of you on your journeys!

I have definitely decided NOT to be sleeved, the risks are just not for me. God Luck & prayers to all of you on your journeys!

Well with every surgery there are risks, but if you have a great surgeon then there's not much to worry about. Yesterday morning before I came to the hospital I was having 2nd thoughts. But then I was like you just jumped through 10 million hoops to get to this day, and now you're second guessing? And then of course snapped out of it. Now here I am sleeved without a regret in the world about it.

Either way thank you for keeping this thread updated all this time!

Crazyjaney. I live morristown but willbe having surgery at blount memorial hospital in maryville tn. Right outside of knoxville. Good luck with surgery will be rootin for ya!!