Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OVER A MONTH POST OP AND NO CHANGE!

Hey fellow sleevers.. so I know it has been a while since I caught up with you guys but I never forgot about you all....nearing almost 2months post op alot of the things that were said to me preop is ringing in my head...you guys told me alot that I should have listened to...sometimes I wish I would have loved and excepted myself enough to loose weight on my own.. enuff blabbering let me tell yall what I came on here to. Ok I need advice yall im at the biggest stall ever I cant seem to move out of the 220s its been this way for almost 3 weejs now..my scale at home says 220/219 back and forth and at the doc it say 228...surgery day I was 237...so something is not right here...I cant seem to loose weight if it helps any I was just on my monthly and I ate alot that I wasnt sappose to eat not to much of it at a time but I had junk on numerous occasions during that time frame....I started working out..have been all week...no change...I get nauseous often now...like I used to eat eggs alot but now that makes me sick...tmro I will be having some talapia fish my surgeon said its good for protien...im still not gettin enough Water in...HELP GUYS!! Vets it will b nice to here from u..im tryna get to that 100lbs marker for my 19th bday which is july 22nd... any advice!!???

I think you hit it on the head, and already know what is going on. Aside from it being your time of the month, which always causes me to gain, you were eating junk.

Simply put, I think you're confusing your body. It is burning the junk, not fat. I Re-focus, start this morning, track everything and get your Water and Protein in. If you are doing all you need to, the weight will start to drop, but you need to do your part. It's hard to change old patterns, we have a lifetime of excuses why we sabotage ourselves, but the only time things change is when we change them. Having the surgery was only a small part of what we need to do.

You got this! Start fresh and follow your plan, if there is junk in your home, get rid of it.

Use this honeymoon phase to optimize your loss. It will slow down quick enough on its own over time, so this is the time for you to really do what you need to.

I know the feeling about having that temporary regret and wishing that I had tried harder before the surgery but I also know that that is temporary. What I'm concentrating on right now is making sure I don't go thru this in vain and doing the right thing NOW to lose the weight and that includes completely leaving junk food alone...for now at least. When you're at a stage where you can only eat a few ounces a day, JUNK food shouldn't be a factor in that equation. Protein and Water....and watch the carbs and sugars because they can surely sabotage your weight loss, even with the surgery. I started keeping a food journal just so I could better watch my intake of carbs (with juices & all) but it will really come in handy once I'm more than 2 weeks post-op and able to eat more. I've never like fish but I'm actually looking forward to a tilapia dinner.

Also, whenever I think about eating junk or NOT eating the way I'm suppose to, I think about this girl that I know that sabotaged her whole weight loss after the sleeve by constantly eating Gummy worms. She found out that she could eat them without pain, etc., and she ate them all the time because she had always had a sweet tooth. She lost a total of 45 pounds and then gained all it back PLUS more all within ONE YEAR! I REFUSE TO LET THAT HAPPEN TO ME! I didn't even know it was possible but it was.

I know the feeling about having that temporary regret and wishing that I had tried harder before the surgery but I also know that that is temporary. What I'm concentrating on right now is making sure I don't go thru this in vain and doing the right thing NOW to lose the weight and that includes completely leaving junk food alone...for now at least. When you're at a stage where you can only eat a few ounces a day, JUNK food shouldn't be a factor in that equation. Protein and Water....and watch the carbs and sugars because they can surely sabotage your weight loss, even with the surgery. I started keeping a food journal just so I could better watch my intake of carbs (with juices & all) but it will really come in handy once I'm more than 2 weeks post-op and able to eat more. I've never like fish but I'm actually looking forward to a tilapia dinner.

Also, whenever I think about eating junk or NOT eating the way I'm suppose to, I think about this girl that I know that sabotaged her whole weight loss after the sleeve by constantly eating Gummy worms. She found out that she could eat them without pain, etc., and she ate them all the time because she had always had a sweet tooth. She lost a total of 45 pounds and then gained all it back PLUS more all within ONE YEAR! I REFUSE TO LET THAT HAPPEN TO ME! I didn't even know it was possible but it was.

Seruously??gumy worms made her gain it all back?... thats crazyy I refuse to get back to 252 my surgeon tells me that it is possible..in really trying by working out everyday but this really is hard.. tracking was really never my thing so its really hard to track what im eating cuz I hate putting in everything that I eat...recently I got this bad back pain its so excruciating I dont think imma work out until it feels better...thank you ao mucg for that word...and just like u said that you said u think about the girl nd the gummy worms and that she is your motivation for eating right...ill let that be mine to...I have to have some sort if discipline....also do u have and ingredient for tilapia?

I think you hit it on the head, and already know what is going on. Aside from it being your time of the month, which always causes me to gain, you were eating junk.

Simply put, I think you're confusing your body. It is burning the junk, not fat. I Re-focus, start this morning, track everything and get your Water and Protein in. If you are doing all you need to, the weight will start to drop, but you need to do your part. It's hard to change old patterns, we have a lifetime of excuses why we sabotage ourselves, but the only time things change is when we change them. Having the surgery was only a small part of what we need to do.

You got this! Start fresh and follow your plan, if there is junk in your home, get rid of it.

Use this honeymoon phase to optimize your loss. It will slow down quick enough on its own over time, so this is the time for you to really do what you need to.

I will try my best tracking was never ny friend but I need to get it together cuz the fact that im not loosing...im not doing something right..just now have to put my finger on it and cut it out completely...thank you for your advice tho

I will try my best tracking was never ny friend but I need to get it together cuz the fact that im not loosing...im not doing something right..just now have to put my finger on it and cut it out completely...thank you for your advice tho

I give you a lot of credit for taking control at such a young age. As many times as I wish this surgery was an option for me at your age, I dont' know that I would have been able to make the drastic changes I needed to. I have faith that you can get a handle on it and not have to endure decades of dealing with obesity like so many of us had to. Give yourself credit for moving forward, and embrace the changes you need to make this truly a new beginning for yourself.

I always hated tracking by writing it down, I use MyFitnessPal on my phone and computer. Easy/on the go tracking and lots of folks on here use it too.

I give you a lot of credit for taking control at such a young age. As many times as I wish this surgery was an option for me at your age, I dont' know that I would have been able to make the drastic changes I needed to. I have faith that you can get a handle on it and not have to endure decades of dealing with obesity like so many of us had to. Give yourself credit for moving forward, and embrace the changes you need to make this truly a new beginning for yourself.

I always hated tracking by writing it down, I use MyFitnessPal on my phone and computer. Easy/on the go tracking and lots of folks on here use it too.

I actually tried it...but still no luck I know alot of people use it but I just cant get into the habbit of after every meal I gata sit and track its annoying...so thats y its so hard...but I think thats the trick I should try it again..

Even writing it down in a notebook could be valuable as it keeps you accountable. It's easy to eat a bite here a little something there, and forget about it but those calories add up. Looking at those who are successful years out from surgery they all have one thing in common they track their food everyday.

What are you willing to do differently than you're doing now?

What are you willing to do differently than you're doing now?

Im gonna try tracking my calories again...and put more effort into it..

Tracking is key because it not only shows you your calories but your Protein, carbs and fat. All of which is important. How can you possibly know if you are meeting your goals for Protein if you are not tracking from the start. If you want to be successful you have to make these changes. Don't waste this precious time to take off the weight. And remember even if you exercise every day its not going to make any difference if you eat more calories than your body is burning. Good luck to you and keep visiting this site. It is a wealth of knowledge and support.

SleevinIT, no, I don't have any recipies for preparing any type of fish since I normally don't care for fish, with the exception of some shellfish like crablegs. I haven't been getting in my Protein because I'm SOOOOO sick of Protein shake so I've been eating steamed or boiled shrimp or boiled eggs instead. They at least give me a break from Protein powder. And yes, the girl I know sabotaged her whole weight loss with bags and bags of Gummy worms but when you think about it, they are FILLED with carbs which is nothing but empty sugar even though they are fat-free. My food journal right now really only consist of me keeping track of my carbs and Protein intake. When I'm able to take in more food, I'll keep track of calories and fat as well.

I was thinking of doing weight watchers. The program requires you to track and I am able to weigh in once a week on the same scale. What you guys think?

Good food habit is very important. Track your food, but keep a watch of what you are going to eat. Fat is also good, if it does not clogs in our body. And, fish is very healthy. I presume you are already on salad.< /p>

Journaling will help you especially when you see the scale move, you will be able to see Hey what did i do yesterday that was so good. And you will be able to see what you ate, what you drank and the real skinny is how much did you move. Buy a cheap memo pad, take measurments of your self, height weight etc. Then journal your intake, also take this journal to the Dr with you when you go it will hlp you be accountible and show him the great work you have done!!

Now get back up on that saddle baby!! This meal, this time, it is all for you!! Work it!!