Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on Tuesday, I stayed in the Hospital for 2 days and came home this afternoon. I don't feel well at all, my stomach aches, very bubbly and is very sore. How long does this feeling last for? Any tips on relieving these symptons? I am starting to ask myself why I did this to myself.

I had my surgery on Tuesday, I stayed in the Hospital for 2 days and came home this afternoon. I don't feel well at all, my stomach aches, very bubbly and is very sore. How long does this feeling last for? Any tips on relieving these symptons? I am starting to ask myself why I did this to myself.

I don't know about the bubbly stomach, but the pump you full gas so they can get in there and move around freely. After surgery you need to walk , walk, and walk some more . This helps move the gas out also you meed to drink, drink, and drink to keep hydrated. Take your Vitamins very important. Belive me it gets a little better day by day. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. You will do great, if you need to talk we are all here for you.

u just had surgery...any surgery is going to hurt for a bit... you'll be ok...just rest, walk, and hydrate

Edited by BigGirlPanties

I don't know about the bubbly stomach, but the pump you full gas so they can get in there and move around freely. After surgery you need to walk , walk, and walk some more . This helps move the gas out also you meed to drink, drink, and drink to keep hydrated. Take your Vitamins very important. Belive me it gets a little better day by day. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. You will do great, if you need to talk we are all here for you.

http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=35.332225,-119.052564&zoom=14&markers=35.332225,-119.052564&size=400x300&sensor=trueI am 4 days post op and I also have the bubbly stomach pain and just weak I am also second guessing if this was a good idea. Hopefully tomorrow is better .

I am 7 days post op and no longer have the bubbly stomach or gas pains. I used the Gas X strips and infant mylicon drops. I think the mylicon drops worked better than the Gas X strips. Also, walking really does help move the gas out.

OMG! I'm glad others are feeling like this. I had my surgery yesterday along with a hernia repair. The hernia was quite large and involved so I know I'm feeling different because of it but I'm freaking out about what I did to myself.

I'm home tonight and really looking forward to a good night sleep. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

I really hope I feel better tomorrow. Can anyone comment on if this is normal ..

I got sleeved Monday, the first 2 days I was very sore and could only take little sips at a time and needed my pain meds every 4hrs. I feel much better now only take the meds before bed. Like everyone said you need to walk and passing gas helps also.

Have started Prevacid, Nexium or an equivalent PPI? I was sleeved Monday and felt that way until I started my PPI's on Wed. I am fine now.

I had my surgery on Friday, walking stay hydrated and make sure to take GasX or I have an Rx of Nexuum which i take at night it really helps. Then set yourself up for small goal of 15 minutes walks around the house it really does help get the bubbles out in fact you will notice relief as you walk.

I really hope I feel better tomorrow. Can anyone comment on if this is normal ..

I was sleeved in 12/18. The first week I had many thoughts of "what did I do to myself, this is permanent". It gets so much better quickly, if you do as others have suggested. I also had a hernia repaired which makes drinking and eating a bit tricky at times. After the first two weeks, I've been nothing but thankful. It does it better…I promise.

I had surgery about 2.5 weeks ago. Gas X greatly helped with the bubbly stomach. I still take it. I've also had to take two different PPI's. Post op day 3 I thought I was going to die. I was having extreme nausea and couldn't tolerate any cold or room temperature Water. Everything had to be heated up and then I ended up on Reglan. So now, I'm almost 3 weeks. I feel quite a hot better and still on full liquids. My program added bananas, Peanut Butter, and applesauce this week. Previously, I've been doing the Protein Shakes, Greek yogurt, strained creamy Soup, Jello and pudding. Next week I get scramble eggs, potatoes , oatmeal, cream of wheat, cottage cheese. I cannot wait for Tuesday! It will gat better. I questioned myself in whether or not I did the right thing. Still do, but I think that is normal.

<p>I had my surgery on Tuesday, I stayed in the Hospital for 2 days and came home this afternoon. I don't feel well at all, my stomach aches, very bubbly and is very sore. How long does this feeling last for? Any tips on relieving these symptons? I am starting to ask myself why I did this to myself.</p>

Omg me too! Same date & same feeling!!! Blahhh! No turning back we must look past this crap time! Had nausea & runs so bad went to emergency last night they said it was my body getting rid of excess crap in there from the op ???????????????????????????? anyways have a prob drinking Water or cold stuff as it kills going down, how about u x

I am now 4 days post surgery and I am feeling a lot better. I am starting full liquid diet today and am a little nervous so I will be taking very little steps today. Thank you to all of you for your advice it really helps a lot. For those of you that just had surgery as I did, we are going to be fine I just know it. Lets keep our heads up and find the positive in everyday!