Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMGEEEEEEEEEEE This waiting for approval is TORTURE!

I had so much anxiety waiting for the approval. It took exactly one week (Friday to Friday) and I was pulling my hair out everyhour of every day! I think I lost most of my weight waiting on the darn approval!

Yes, on Friday it's supposed to go up to 40 degrees here in NJ (yesterday we got 2 more inches of snow!), so it will melt quite a bit of this mess...good riddance I say! lol

I completely relate to what you're saying on this horrendous waiting mess. I'm approved by insurance, but Group Health in Washington is SO understaffed it's insane. I was good to go over a month ago, but the soonest the psych eval person has is the end of April, (she has literally only two appointments per week) and the nurtrictionist is even a few days after that. Now Group Health won't even let me call to schedule an appt with the surgeon until after the spych eval is all done adn reported in - and he's scheduling surgeries six weeks out. Add to that the waiti time to see him for the appt, and i'm screwed.I'd hoped for a May date (as the coordinating RN thought i might get to do) but now it's even more months past that. My initial referral was November 1. I want to scream adn rant and yell and throw a tantrum...but it does me no good if there's no way to use it to move things along. Alas. I am on waiting lists, and call every ten days or so - I don't want to be on their pest-list or I'd call more often. Groan. Thanks for letting me rant.

I completely relate to what you're saying on this horrendous waiting mess. I'm approved by insurance, but Group Health in Washington is SO understaffed it's insane. I was good to go over a month ago, but the soonest the psych eval person has is the end of April, (she has literally only two appointments per week) and the nurtrictionist is even a few days after that. Now Group Health won't even let me call to schedule an appt with the surgeon until after the spych eval is all done adn reported in - and he's scheduling surgeries six weeks out. Add to that the waiti time to see him for the appt, and i'm screwed.I'd hoped for a May date (as the coordinating RN thought i might get to do) but now it's even more months past that. My initial referral was November 1. I want to scream adn rant and yell and throw a tantrum...but it does me no good if there's no way to use it to move things along. Alas. I am on waiting lists, and call every ten days or so - I don't want to be on their pest-list or I'd call more often. Groan. Thanks for letting me rant.

There should be a dislike button. Sorry you have to go through all of that because of our lovely health care system. :(

The truth is that insurance companies ding want to pay for this so they drag things out hoping that you lose coverage, change insurance, change your mind, get pregnant, or die. Seriously it has taken me over two years to get through my process with UHC and I am starting over with a new hospital.

I think it's just so wrong to do this to people.

I got the approval for surgery from insurance today!! So excited!!

Well, I FINALLY got approved as of yesterday!!!!:) Whew!!!! I meet with my surgeon next Thursday to get my date and pre-op diet instructions.

Super! You got approved on the first try?

Yuppers!!! I have quite a few co-morbidities (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma, back issues (nerve damage), sleep apnea....basically, I'm a mess! lol

Hello any help would be great as my date is set for July 23rd. I have blue shield and they denied me because they said I was missing a paper. We re faxed it in and they said they can take an additional 5 days. Has anyone heard of this? Has anyone had this happen to them? Will it take the full 5 days at that point? Some say it's quicker but I'm worried.

Agreed! I called my insurance like 4 times asking if it was approved yet. It was approved Wednesday!!! Good luck!

Congrats!!!! How long would you say it took?