Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery on January 17th and still retaining fluid from surgery

I had my sleeve this past Friday with little issues for the most part. I did have to have some steroids because of an edema from the surgery in my esophagus for adhesion removals. I had my lap band removed on December 23, 2013.

I am doing pretty well but am concerned about retaining fluids still from my hospital stay. How long did it take for you to release the extra fluids? I am trying to make sure I get my 64 ounces of Fluid and 60-80 gms of liquid Proteins.

I hope I am on track but I weigh more now than I did before my surgery. How long before you started seeing the numbers on the scale start to go down?

I've been going down a pound per day since surgery.

Surgery date : jan 8 2014

Hw pre op diet: 252

Surgery start: 237

Cw: 224

I never had a problem with any Fluid retention. Sorry I can't help you with this! Good luck!!!

I had a problem with Water retention as well my surgery was on the 15th and the scale just started going down today post op day 6 I stil haven't gotten to my surgery weight But at least the scale is moving in the right direction don't freak out it surgery is a big stress on your body give yourself a chance to heal

I waited 2 weeks to get on a scale after surgery.

I knew my stomach was swollen and I wanted to see some sort of drop.

Glad I did :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches