Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suggestions needed: best running app

Hi everyone!

Suggestions please:

I'm looking for the best app for my iPhone to track my distance and time when I run or walk. And I don't want something overly complicated that tracks a bunch of other things. But I don't want it to automatically post it to social media (like FB) either. AND I want to be able to listen to my iTunes at the same time... Wow, I sound picky! LOL

There are so many to choose from!

What ones do y'all like best?

Edited by Mrs.RRn

i used to use Runkeeper.

They have a free version. Its up to you to post on FB or social. I was able to listen to my music at the same time.

It does GPS coordinates, so if your in your neighborhood it will be street map marking where you ran or walked, about how fast you were going ect.

it also keeps teh data in the app so you can keep track of your marked improvements.

I use mapmyrun. Mostly because of the other "mapmy " apps that I use as well.

i used to use Runkeeper.

They have a free version. Its up to you to post on FB or social. I was able to listen to my music at the same time.

It does GPS coordinates, so if your in your neighborhood it will be street map marking where you ran or walked, about how fast you were going ect.

it also keeps teh data in the app so you can keep track of your marked improvements.

Can you listen to your music with this too? If so it sounds perfect.

Nike+ is my fave, I have used them all! You can listen to your music and it keeps track of everything ! Miles, maps, calories. Love it.

You can post to FB but you don't have to.

I use MapMyRun as well. I got a Garmin 620 for Christmas and love it, but I still use MapMyRun because I like having the voice feedback and coaching (membership rqd).

I used the Run 5K app by Felt Tip Inc when I first started running and just noticed it's doing distance now.

I started running in Feb 13 after my Jan surgery and I just ran a half marathon on Sunday!

To add to my earlier thought. I do recommend MapMyRun or RunKeeper in addition to a Couch to 5k app (like Run 5K) because those apps create an online log that you can look back and see how far you've come. I used only Run 5K for the first 3-4 months and when I got a new phone all the data about the day, speed and distance was lost. Both MapMyRun and RunKeeper have free versions that you can download and try out. Both are pretty accurate (they are always within .03 miles of my Garmin).

I use endomondo. It is free and tracks everything and let's you listen to music or audiobooks etc. it can be social or not depending on what you want. It syncs with fitbit and myfitnesspal. You can pay for premium to get awesome training plans including 5k, 10k, interval training and other stuff. Endomondo can also track other exercises like cycling and walking.