Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Thanks Terry and SkinnyIrishBabe for your responses. I don't know if I could ever be addicted to the gym but I am willing to give it a go. When I used to loose weight before the band I used to be really happy when I lost weight, but that was when I had no problem eating vegetables etc so maybe that's something else I need to look into.

Thanks

Candp

Hi girls I was just about to book my Tummy Tuck for the 17 of June and I emailed Katerian Laderma the surgeon in Prauge to ask her would she move my port when I am having my tummy tuck ,she told me she can not do it untill I have lost all my weight and I am at that weight for at least 6 months because my metabolism would be all over the place and it would be dangerous for me so I asked her would the price be the same in january she said yes and I have to get back to her in sep for the op in january,talk later Terry

Hi girls I was just about to book my Tummy Tuck for the 17 of June and I emailed Katerian Laderma the surgeon in Prauge to ask her would she move my port when I am having my tummy tuck ,she told me she can not do it untill I have lost all my weight and I am at that weight for at least 6 months because my metabolism would be all over the place and it would be dangerous for me so I asked her would the price be the same in january she said yes and I have to get back to her in sep for the op in january,talk later Terry

Hi Terry, really sorry to hear this.:thumbs_up: You must have been all geared up for it by now. The time will fly and it will be January before you know it. Then the scar will be nicely faded by Bikini season next year!!:confused_smile: How much more do you have to lose? You must be close now, you looked great last time I seen you.

Did she answer the question about your port? Will she move it? Has she experience with other Lap Band patients?

Elsie

today I went on a lunch date with a guy i met last weekend, he kept asking me if i wasn't hungry cause i hardly ate so in the end i told him the truth about the band. How do you deal with this? I'm open about my band all my friends and family know.

Hi Skinny,

I have told no one except immediate family about the band so am kinda dreading social situations that involve eating. I haven't been out for a meal with friends since the last fill but I'm sure it will eventually be noticed. I dont know how I'll handle it yet.

Anyway, just wondering, what was his reaction to it?

Elsie

He was actually cool about it, asked how much weight I'd lossed and said I looked great, then he told me that he used to be really over weight too! which was great cause I felt less concious then. All's going well we met up again on Sat and we're going to the cinema tomo night.

Hi Everyone,

I got back from NYC on Thursday, its taken me till now to sort myself out and finally check my emails and catch up with you guys. Its amazing what a person can miss in just one week. Delighted to see so many of you doing so well. I've an appointment for a fill on the 29th of this month but I'm still debating whether to go or not. I'm still losing with the last fill and I'd no problems with the flights, I had heard long haul flights could affect restriction. But no, I was able to eat and drink as normal (well as normal for me:wink2:). At the wedding I even had some Pasta with extra vodka sauce :( and I ate about a 1/3 of all I was offered. I think I have the chewing/slow eating down to a fine art now.

Terry: You need to get some nutrition into you. If you're on liquids make sure they are healthy ones. You can juice some veggies with apple to make a palatable drink which will give you a great boost. Try juicing 4 apples, 4 carrots, half a cuecumber, 3 sticks of celery and if you like beetroot pop a small one in there too. That should make up about 2 pints of juice and you can drink it throughout the day. This alongside a Protein Drink should keep you sorted while you're on liquids. Do go to your GP and ask him to do a full blood test on you. You should be feeling good while your losing weight even if some days its hard to eat. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Hi all, I know I must go to the doctor I will wait untill one of the children to be sick,2 for the price of one,Elsie , she said she would move my port thank God, I have lost 65 pound so far about another 14-20 to go dont for get I am only 5-2 . One year banded on the 27 of June so so I hope a little bit more gone again then. Good to have you back coco,hope you had a good holiday, I will make up a juice drink today hope all is well with everyone talk later Terry

Terry, you have done fab in under a year, what are we like if one of the kids was under the weather we'd fast track them to the doc but not ourselves. Coco, welcome back, glad the trip went well. I have an appointment for a fill on the 29th too, I'm deffo going, weight loss has slowed down and last fill didn't seem to have any affect. Only have 3ml in so hopefully the next one will make a difference.

Skinny, sounds as if you have met a genuine guy, hope things continue to go well.

Elsie, I have only told my closet friends and some family about the band. I've been at a few gatherings where food is involved and to be honest people are so busy with whats going on they don't really notice what you are eating.

Hi Coco. Glad the holiday went well. Has anyone heard anything about ACS? I heard from another banded girl who is not on this site that lots of people including Kim have left and a girl who needs a port replacement was told that there is no money available to pay for it to be done!!! (Chris de Bruyne was going to do it). Just wondering if anyone has been in touch with them recently? Will fills still be going ahead next week? Has anyone been contacted by them about the change of address?

'

Hello ladies - I'm afraid I have been so unwell that I have not been on the site at all to make any sort of contribution!! I also have nothing to contribute because all I do these days is lie in bed thinking I'm going to die or have my head over the toilet getting sick!!! I am 17 weeks pregnant this week and there is no let up in the illness at all. My social life has completely gone out the window and it feels like an age since I saw any of you face to face.

However, I am determined to get going and if anyone is around this Saturday morning and interested in a coffee in Bewelys Leopardstown, just off exit 14 on M50 then I will get out of the bed and I will even bring the wedding photos for you all to see. You can also see my ever expanding belly as it goes back up in weight all over again too - very depressing to see!!! Only solace is that there is a rugrat in there and not all the pies that use to be there!!!

Looking forward to catching up with old and new bandits.

hey all,

My name is Tara and i am from Ireland.... i am looking for some help, where here can i get re-fills done? got my surgery in Prague, have tred ACS n Shandon street, tried my local GP and hospital but noone will do it for me!!! :wink2: i am located in Cork.... i rang my old weight loss GP and she told me to try it myself... which i did... i put 2cc in but no restiction

Question to all

I had a fill last week bringing me up to 4 and half cc's. Could eat a few yoghurts but last 4 days I can only keep liquids down.

The specific problem is that when I swallow - after chewing FOREVER- it feels like the food gets stuck in my throat as opposed to getting stuck at the band. I have been trying over and over to eat today as I am really hungry but I think I may be swollen now so will just stick to liquids for the next few days and see if that helps any.

When I eat liquids I have runny baby rusks/ runny weetabix/ yoghurts/ soups/ bovril.

Are these the wrong things to be having? Any tips or advice gratefully received...am really fed up this eve...

Thanks all

Gilly:sad_smile:

I've just noticed that you were having problems with getting anything down after your last fill.

How are you now?

I am being selfish really in asking this as I am due to have the surgery on June 6th with Chris De Bruyne in Belgium and am a bit worried about any problems that I might have afterwards.

Were you in the Pembroke clinic on May 8th?

I'm wondering if we met or passed each other.

Damienne:ohmy::confused_smile:

yes I find i'm in a bad mood more and i think it's cause i used to comfort eat when i was sad before and now i can't comfort (not properly anyway). I think you need a new addiction like the gym, unfortunatly mine's shopping. I've read other post on this site where people have become addicted to something else, maybe you should check them out.

Hi Skinny and Candp,

Now that I am booked to have the op in two weeks I am noticing more how often I want to reach for food....it's like a reflex.

It happens so many times every day and I usually act on it...I am a bit better than I used to be in that I now try to eat something 'healthy' like an apple or a crispbread(or 2 or 3).

I have spent years and lots of money on counselling/psychotherapy in order to get myself and my life together but I haven't made great progress on my eating/weight problem.

I suppose I would /could be a lot worse if I hadn't gotten the help I did.

I suppose we are all addicted to food/eating on this forum and the band surgery is a way of doing 'cold turkey'...withdrawing the drug.

I think that it has to be difficult emotionally, to have the 'comforter' that has always been there,taken away.

I would love to hear anyone's opinion on this?

Damienne:blink::confused_smile:

yes i totally agree, I find i still try and force feed myself sometimes till i'm overful due to comfort eating, the only thing is i don't get the same comfort out of eating now as I cant eat as much, I cry alot more now which i suppose is a good thing as I didn't before. I do think councelling is a good Idea for some banders. I was very slim growing up and didn't over eat or even crave food, I started putting on weight when i was pregnant and never lost the baby weight and gained even more weight after she was born due to comfort eating. I suppose the issues i developed from the time I got pregnant till I got the band were never really dealt with. So even though we're fixing the effects we're not really fixing the problem. Hope that makes sense.