Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Does this mean that Chris de Bruyne is going to be doing surgery for ACS in Belgium? I really didn't think he would want to be associated with them after all the problems. Are the two nurses, Chris and Frederick working for Chris de Bruyne? Its all very confusing:huh2:

I still think our main worry is what happens during the 3 weeks that the Belgian nurses aren't here if someone is overfilled or has an emergency. Even if Chris de Bruyne is going to be working with ACS, he is not going to be available here all the time. I agree with you Coco about the fills until you hit your "sweet spot". As you know well, it has taken me a whole year to get here.:rolleyes: Although, we do need to be careful about not getting overfilled with no-one here to defill us!

Does this mean that Chris de Bruyne is going to be doing surgery for ACS in Belgium? I really didn't think he would want to be associated with them after all the problems. Are the two nurses, Chris and Frederick working for Chris de Bruyne? Its all very confusing:huh2:

I still think our main worry is what happens during the 3 weeks that the Belgian nurses aren't here if someone is overfilled or has an emergency. Even if Chris de Bruyne is going to be working with ACS, he is not going to be available here all the time. I agree with you Coco about the fills until you hit your "sweet spot". As you know well, it has taken me a whole year to get here.:biggrin: Although, we do need to be careful about not getting overfilled with no-one here to defill us!

Hiya Holly it is very confusing. Chris Deprez as much as told me he wasn't working with Chris de Bruyne over here, he did say he had worked with him before and ACS keep saying they think CdB is coming over. Your dead right our main concern should the time when theres no-one here to defill us or in an emergency:eek:

Hi guys had a call from ACS yesterday, to say they have moved shop. Did any one hear anything?. They are now at 30 Pembrook Street Upper. The 7b bus takes you from O' Connell st if anyone's intreste.

Hi guys had a call from ACS yesterday, to say they have moved shop. Did any one hear anything?. They are now at 30 Pembrook Street Upper. The 7b bus takes you from O' Connell st if anyone's intreste.

Are you mad I never got a call after my last fill like a few people to see how I was (wonder what those calls were for:huh2:) and I certainly haven't been told they've moved sure they won't give me an appointment for a fill til 29th May. I'm getting suspicious now Roe are you on their books:biggrin::smile2:

I'm booked in for a fill on the eight of May and they never even told me they moved. Think i'll ring just to confirm.

Do you know what i don't get, my cousin who is the same age as me is about 22 stone. She knows i have the band and how much it cost an all but still hasn't got it done or even talked about getting it herself. I know it's not a problem with money. I just think it's very strange and sad cause she'd be so much happier if she did it.

Hi guys just put a new thread up with a link to our very own little chatroom "gabbly" so if anyones on line and fancies a chat go take a look:w00t:

Wonder what's going on? I did originally think that because the company that took over was a property development company, that they might be selling the premises because of how much it would be worth. I wonder if that's all it is? You'd think they would write to us to let us know.

Thats confusing:confused: as myself and Elsie were told to go to the ACS address for our fills so maybe Dr. Chris deB is renting the premises from them as I know he was looking for something more suitable than where he was.

I know Frederick is a colleague of Dr CdeB in Belgium (he organises transport packages) but he doesn't work for him afaik.

I'm just going to ask Dr. Chris if he is going to be the ACS doctor when I see him next. he might not answer me but it's worth a shot :smile:

Hi folks,

I haven't been on for a days things a bit busy. I've felt no real change in restriction since the last fill and have an appointment for the 29th, hopefully the next fill or even the one after that will get me to my sweet spot. I am pleased with the weight loss to date about 4 stone 2lb and people are noticing and commenting which by and large is nice. Sounds as if clarity is still a problem with ACS. Hadn't heard they had moved until I read one of the previous posts. I presume they will let people know as their appointments get nearer. Hope everyone is well and in case I don't get to log on over the next few days hope ye all have a great bank holiday weekend.

I have a few questions before meeting Chris DeBruyne which I hope someone can answer for me;

(1)How far in advance3) would I have to book and pay for the surgery?

(2)what payment method---cash/cheque/etc?

(3)reading posts here I would be most concerned about what I would have to do if I had a problem which couldn't wait until the Dr's return visit,e.g. a very tight fill.

I would love to make contact with anyone who can be a bit of support with this.

I ALMOST had a band fitted two years ago and am in danger of loosing my nerve again (and now I'm 61, then I was 59)!!!!!

HELP,

Damienne:confused::wub::thumbup:

[quote=damienne;826531]I have a few questions before meeting Chris DeBruyne which I hope someone can answer for me;

(2)what payment method---cash/cheque/etc?

(3)reading posts here I would be most concerned about what I would have to do if I had a problem which couldn't wait until the Dr's return visit,e.g. a very tight fill.

(1) I booked with him in January for February. There were earlier dates so I would say 2-3 weeks in advance.I had my consultation in Belgium the night before the op where I paid him.

(2) He takes cash only if you go through him directly. Euro only.

(3) I figured in the event of an overfill I would book a flight to Belgium and see him there if I really had to. Flights leave every morning from Dublin. 2 hour flight and I would imagine if he couldn't do it himself he would have someone who could as he has a lot of Belgian patients too and a nurse.

For me it was worth the difference in price as I paid €3400. Cost of flights and hotel brought it all to under €5k. If I had an overfill and needed to go over it would cost €100 flight, €100 appointment and €100 hotel for over night stay. It'd take a lot of visits to Belgium to make up the difference.

He is hoping to have someone over here full time shortly who would be on call for over fills etc.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks Ailbhe for all that information...I have a clearer picture of what to expect when/if I go ahead.

Did you (and any others out there) agonise much over your decision to have the surgery?

I swing between thinking(1) "maybe I should accept myself as I am"

(2)"maybe I could get a handle on my weight by taking more exercise/eating less

(3)"maybe it makes sense to give this REVERSIBLE surgery a chance ....since I have certainly given the other options(above) years and years without great success.

One thought I have is that my stomach has probably stretched because of 'emotional eating' and that makes 'cutting down' very hard.

If this is so then the band will have the effect of making my stomach seem much smaller and that makes sense.

MY appointment is in the raglan clinic at 12.30 on thursday.Maybe I will see some of you there?

Damienne

Hi Damienne

I also had the band with Chris DeBruyne in Belgium back in early March so my answer are much the same as Ailbhe's but I'll let you know my experience anyway!

I actually booked with him by email and then met him a few weeks later in Dublin. I figured I should just book the date and if I didnt like him I could just cancel as I hadnt handed over all the money for the op. There is a consultation fee of EUR120.00. I think generally there is about a 4-5 week wait.

(2)what payment method---cash/cheque/etc?Cash only, at his home office the night before the op.

I figure I will just book a flight to Belgium regardless of the cost, its not that far away. It never gonna cost as much as I saved by having it done in Belgium. Also, Dr. DeBruyne works in conjunction with two other Dr's over there so if he isnt available you will still be sorted out. Dr. Chris also mentioned to one of the other girls that he would have an emergency type of service available in the next six months. However, this is a question you should ask him at the consultation to put your mind at ease.

Did you (and any others out there) agonise much over your decision to have the surgery?

ABSOLUTELY!!

I swing between thinking(1) "maybe I should accept myself as I am"

I never thought this unfortunately, it makes me miserable and I can never accept it. If there is something that can help, then why not use it.

(2)"maybe I could get a handle on my weight by taking more exercise/eating less

I have tried this way for 15 years and it hasnt worked for me. I do well but lose motivation when I stop seeing results. I'm sure you've also tried this or you probably wouldnt be here. I'm done flogging a dead horse.

(3)"maybe it makes sense to give this REVERSIBLE surgery a chance ....since I have certainly given the other options(above) years and years without great success.

After years of thinking surgery was too drastic I eventually came to the realisation that it would take something drastic. I went for a consult for a gastric balloon which I believed would be better as it didnt require an operation. But they didnt listen to me at the consult and only talked about the band. That was with ACS. As a result I decided that I would not deal with ACS as I didnt like their approach but I did want the band. I still agonised over it for months after that and met up with some of the girls from this board and seen how happy they were. The scariest thing was telling my family and seeing their reaction.

One thought I have is that my stomach has probably stretched because of 'emotional eating' and that makes 'cutting down' very hard.

If this is so then the band will have the effect of making my stomach seem much smaller and that makes sense. Yeah, it makes perfect sense really. After the first few bites of something do we really want the rest of it or are we just eating it to fill the gap, because we paid for it or because its just there. I'd be delighted to leave food there if I was full and just as satisfied on a few bites.

MY appointment is in the raglan clinic at 12.30 on thursday.Maybe I will see some of you there?

My appointment is at 1.30 but I will prob be around town a lot earlier if you want to meet up. I think a few of us will be meeting. Just have to agree a time but it will prob be before your appointment.

Elsie

Many thanks Elsie for your reply.I would love to meet up with whoever will be around that time on Thursday.

Please let me know the place and time ...I'll watch this space!

Damienne