Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

hi everybody , its been so long since ive been on , welcome to all the new girls, its great to see so many new names......... i think the last time i was on and posted this tread was only on about page 30.........very quickly my story is , i was banded by acs back on 28th june 07 by gerome , my starting weight was 17stone 12pounds, at first the weight loss was very slow with little or no restriction,by christmas i was down 2stone, im not sure how much i have in my band at the moment, i had my last fill early january by dr jan, at the moment i weigh 14stone 2pounds which im delighted with but over the last few weeks im eating like a horse and was 4lb lighter, ive tried ringing the number i have to contact acs but it just keeps ringing, if any of you could pm me the correct number i would be greatfull.........

allure .... congratulations on your marraige and new bundle thats coming your way, after you putting me in touch with this site we never have got to meet up again, i will keep reading to see how things are going for you...........

Hi all

I'm down 4lbs since my fill last week but after 3 days on liquids can eat normally again so have just called ACS and gotten an appointment for 8th May for another fill. I'm at 3 & half cc so hopefully one or 2 more will offer some restriction. I am afraid I may have stretched my "pouch" as I seem to be able for normal portions so soon after fills, anyone ever heard of a confirmed case of "stretched pouch"?:confused2:

Ailbhe, I hope your pain has dissappeared by now. Lou thought my port was infected once as it was very hot to the touch and the surrounding flesh was red. She took a swab and sent it for testing but rang a few days later to say it wasn't an infection. It went away on it's own after a few days.

weight.png

Edited by Gilly
add ticker

I was always able to eat normally after a fill until this last one. You just haven't got to the right level yet Gilly. I now have 6mls in and its the first time I had to stay on liquids for a few days after a fill. Keep making appts for every 3 weeks until you get there. I would just be careful about getting too much in at once, because those Belgian nurses won't be there to unfill us if we're overfilled!

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone is up for meeting up on 8th May before fills. Was talking to Elsie (whose broadband is down) and she is so let me know if anyone else is heading for a fill.

On another note I've just been told we have to go to ACS for our fills which (to be 100% honestabout it) has me worried. I specifically didn't want to deal with ACS because of all that went on and now I have to. I know it's only for fills but I don't want it to all go belly up and then be left with no way of getting fills.

I hope it doesn't happen but I am wary of dealing with a company which has, to be frank, such a crap reputation.

I am considering asking if they guy in Galway will do fills only even if not banded by him. Galway would suit me better anyway but I am not one bit happy abou handing over money to a company which provides such poor customer service and after care. :wink2:

So that's my rant over!

Let me know if anyone is up for a meeting (i promise I won't rant anymore! :biggrin2:)

Hi Ailbhe

The man in Galway is Dr McAnena in the Galway clinic. Not sure he does fills for people banded elsewhere though but you can contact the hospital and ask.

Ellen

Hi everyone hope your all doing well havent posted in ages I'm so fed up with this band:mad: Weighed myself this morning and I'm up 4lbs since my fill on 18th April :tt2: wasn't great for few days but have been trying really hard the last few days. I have alot on next month between parties, communion and my hols and was worried about getting another fill. Anyway decided today I'd get maybe another small fill that would tide me over so rang ACS and they have nothing til 29th May, I'm going away 10th June so am nervous gettin a fill so close after all my overfills:ohmy: I'm livid she said they're fully booked on 8th May. What kind of a service is this theres no-one to do fills only every few weeks and theres no-one to defill in an emergency. I'm so mad I felt like dragging her the fone:cursing::wink2: When I calm down I'll realise I should have rang last week but will rant on for another while:lol:

If anyone has a fill on 8th May and has to cancel for some reason please dont cancel will you pm me and I can try to get your slot thanks:thumbup:

Well rant over going off to have a big bar of choc now for my troubles:tongue: ah only joking:biggrin:

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone is up for meeting up on 8th May before fills. Was talking to Elsie (whose broadband is down) and she is so let me know if anyone else is heading for a fill.

On another note I've just been told we have to go to ACS for our fills which (to be 100% honestabout it) has me worried. I specifically didn't want to deal with ACS because of all that went on and now I have to. I know it's only for fills but I don't want it to all go belly up and then be left with no way of getting fills.

I hope it doesn't happen but I am wary of dealing with a company which has, to be frank, such a crap reputation.

I am considering asking if they guy in Galway will do fills only even if not banded by him. Galway would suit me better anyway but I am not one bit happy abou handing over money to a company which provides such poor customer service and after care. :wink2:

So that's my rant over!

Let me know if anyone is up for a meeting (i promise I won't rant anymore! :biggrin2:)

Ailbhe dont blame you cracking up over having to go to ACS they're aftercare is appaling. It must be true so about Chris de Bruyne coming to ACS so if you've to go there for your fills?

Found an interesting website which compares the lap band which Jerome fits (heliogast) with the original Lap Band. http://www.profweiner.com/PDF/Blanco-Engert.pdf

It shows that the people in the study who had the heliogast band lost weight slower, took longer to get to the right restriction level, had more infections and more slippage!!!! Interesting reading for anyone who is finding it hard to get to the "sweet spot" like me. From reading that, it looks like the Lapband is a better band than the heliogast, I wonder why Jerome chose the heliogast? (Just read that the Heliogast is a French manufactured band - so I suppose that explains it!) It was interesting to see that people were not finding much restriction up to 5mls with the heliogast, so the surgeons contacted the manufacturer who told them to increase the volume from 5 - 9cc. So maybe that's why I have only found restriction now at 6mls? It would explain your case too Allure. Good to hear from you Allure. Haven't seen you since January. Hope you're feeling better soon and we can meet up. Glad you're a bit better Ailbhe. I was going to suggest that you might have a gallstone, because it sounded a bit like the pain I had when I had to have my gallbladder removed, but the pain didn't really ease off, so it sounds like it might just be strain. I think the Belgian Doctors use the Lapband, not the heliogast. Wonder is that why they have less infections!!

Great post Holly wonder why no-one else has commented on it:huh2: I'd say your right about Jerome using the heliogast cause its french. Pity he doesnt use the other one maybe I wouldnt be like I am now:cursing:

Dr Chris also uses the heliogast. it's the one that I have and I think Elsie has too. He asked me what band I wanted and I said i didn't mind.

Lil try calling Julie on 00447872963503. She's Dr. Chris' secretary and might be able to fit you in. Again though, you would probably have to pay (€120) as he is seeing his own patients and ACS patients. Maybe ring her and say you're an ACS patient and see what the story is.She's very nice.

Edited by ailbhe

Hi Twinkle toes did you get the no you were looking for,this is the one I use. 016785999 some times I get Kim on it. Sorry Lil you cant get an app, the girl I spoke to last week said apps were going very fast. I was himming and hawing about an app. was hoping I wouldnt need one but Im sure I will need it, I had restriction for a few days but its gone, It was lovely while it lasted. Ailbhe I would be on for meeting up.my apps @11.30 dont know how long Ill be in there.

Gilly cant help you on the pouch bit, its very unlikely you streached your pouch, if its that easily done mine must be like a bouncing castle we all eat large portions without restriction. Ive shifted 4 lbs since my last fill Im very happy about that. could someone explain about the different bands, what kind would Jan have used? if anyone had a no for Jan would they pm me with it please thanks ROE.

thanks roe , i thought i was invisable there for a bit , thats the number i have so i will keep trying to get through on it, let you know how i get on.........

Hi All,

Twinkle Toes: the numbers I have for ACS are Fitzwilliam 01 678 5999 and Owenstown : 01 283 2446. Hope that helps.

Lil: Sorry to hear you can't get an appointment before the end of May. Ring each day and see if they've had a cancelation for the 8th, they might fit you in just to get you off the phone.:) You could also point out that the dr defilled instead of filling your band.:tt1:

Holly123: That's an interesting piece of info on our band. I thought all of them worked the same it was just the size that differed. I would love to have stats on all the banded ACS patients to see what the average weight loss over the first year is. I also think that fills should be given on demand in order to hit the sweet spot as soon as possible. In my case it only took the first 3 fills for me to hit my sweet spot and the next two were just adjustments to keep me at the sweet spot. Don't be down on yourself, you are doing fantastically well and I'm delighted to hear that you are so pleased with this recent fill. I hope the restriction lasts.

Ailbhe: Yes, its a bit of a worry that Dr Chris has joined ACS. It will be interesting to see if ACS will be promoting his surgery in Belgium for him!:rolleyes: